Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Working Mom -- Need Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I work full time and have a daughter who is almost two. I am finding it really hard to get everything done without feeling like I am spinning out of control.

I would love to hear how others manage to keep their house clean, cook, feel like a good mom and get a little time for yourself.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
When my kids were little, I simply had to spend my free time with them, making sure they were fed and bathed. I kept housecleaning to a minimum, just cleaned what I could. I focused on the most important things, i.e. my kids. I didn't spend any time for myself when they were that young because I didn't have a husband who cared to help with the kids or anything in the house for that matter (we're divorced now). It is only now that I could spend time on myself because I only got the kids half the time. Try to take it one day at a time. The kids grow up so fast. It feels as though you just blink and they're grown.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Don't worry about having an immaculate house or gourmet meals. Before you know it your little one will be in school. Enjoy the time with your daughter. Smile

Babies Don't Keep

Mother, oh Mother,
come shake out your cloth,
empty the dustpan,
poison the moth,
hang out the washing
and butter the bread,
sew on a button and make up a bed.

Where is the mother whose house
is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery,
blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little
Boy Blue (lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done
and there's nothing for stew
and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
but I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing
will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up,
as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep'

~Author Unknown ~

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I start back to work on Monday, after having had a one year maternity leave and I'm not looking forward to juggling kids, career and home again. I LOVE staying home with the baby, and I try to spend as much time with him as I can because belive me, I know how fast kids grow up. My oldest is 17 years old and will be leaving for college next year. It seems like only yesterday that I was changing his diapers. He hates when I say that. Laughing

I'm probably not a great one to give advice because when my son was a baby I was a single mom going to school and working. And I felt like i had to prive to everyone that I could do it, so I basically hardly slept and when I was awake I wasn't able to spend alot of time with my son which I deeply regret. I now feel like I have a second chance with my new baby and I plan on doing things way differently. I have a great husband who helps out alot and he doesn't seem to get upset if the house is messy and there are toys everywhere. As long as the house isn't filthy. The only thing I still need to work on is getting a decent nights sleep. Confused

Bkkgirl and Winnie have given you good advice. Leave the housework, spend as much time as possible with your daughter because before you know it she will have better things to do then spend time with her parents.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have a 3 year old son and work full time so I understand exactly what you are feeling. My advice to you, if it is at all possible, Hire Help. Even if you can only afford to have a cleaning person come once or twice a month it will be an enormous burden off your shoulders. I have a cleaning person twice a month and a nanny 3 days a week. The nanny, also does light household chores and prepares simple dinners (crock pot recipes, etc). It helps so much and frees me up to spend more time with my son which otherwise would have had to be spent maintaining the household.

Even with this help, my to-do list is always quite long (grocery shopping, bill paying, laundry, changing sheets, preparing meals 4 days a week, picking up the house, etc) so I cannot imagine working full-time and having to do all the other household responsibilities as well - I get exhausted just thinking about it.

Hire Help - even if it is very part-time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
I have a 3 year old son and work full time so I understand exactly what you are feeling. My advice to you, if it is at all possible, Hire Help. Even if you can only afford to have a cleaning person come once or twice a month it will be an enormous burden off your shoulders. I have a cleaning person twice a month and a nanny 3 days a week. The nanny, also does light household chores and prepares simple dinners (crock pot recipes, etc). It helps so much and frees me up to spend more time with my son which otherwise would have had to be spent maintaining the household.

Even with this help, my to-do list is always quite long (grocery shopping, bill paying, laundry, changing sheets, preparing meals 4 days a week, picking up the house, etc) so I cannot imagine working full-time and having to do all the other household responsibilities as well - I get exhausted just thinking about it.

Hire Help - even if it is very part-time.

fairlady...are you in the US or Canada? We've been toying with the idea of a nanny but have no idea how to do it. How much do nannies charge?
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all for your responses, especially the wonderful poem.

I do have a nanny full time so I am going to see about having her prepare meals maybe two nights a week.

I guess for now I will just have to relax about how the house looks. It is really hard for me because I love decorating and a neat house but my daughter is way more important.

I guess also I am not feeling so down about this today.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Puglove: I am in the U.S. I highly recommend getting a nanny if you can do it. We have had our Nanny for over 2 years now. It is wonderful to have a person that you can completely relay upon and entrust the care of your child with and it is wonderful to be able to have our son stay home and not have to cart him to a Day Care Center. We were very fortunate to get our Nanny from a friends referral so we did not have to use an agency for a nanny search. I also believe we got lucky with the cost - $10.50 per hour for approximately 32 hours per week (she works 3 days @ 10.5 hours per day) we also give her 3 weeks paid vacation and meals. I think this is an excellent price since she also does a lot of extras for me like making dinners, vacuuming, cleaning out the refrigerator & microwave, emptying the dishwasher, setting up the coffee maker, etc. My son naps for about 2-3 hours per day so she does these things while he naps. When my son is awake she dedicates all her time to him. They go to the park, she prepares all 3 of his meals, makes sure he brushes his teeth, changes his clothes, gives him his nightly bath, reads him books, etc. She really does a great job and if she ever left us, I would be so lost.

Hope this helps with your decision

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |