Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Turmeric Cream!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
crystal

Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I have recently heard of turmeric cream.
Can anyone please tell me where to look for it????
nikkigardens
5% products discount

Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
that's odd, tumeric is usually in powder form and is used to give flavor to foods. However, i have also seen on tv that tumeric may also be used as a natural skin whitener. It is used together with cucumber exract and natural lemon juice.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:19 am      Reply with quote
i seem to remember seeing tubes of tumeric cream at whole foods...it might be available at other health food stores.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Turmeric cream is used to even out skin tones and to help fade bruising. I use an eye cream that turmeric in it to neutralize dark circles. It seems to work for me, but my circles were never really that bad.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:02 am      Reply with quote
How interesting! I must see if they have it in healthfood stores here. Not quite sure where else to look for it.
Mabsy

Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I GOT SOME!!!! Very Happy
I was at a health food store today, just browsing around for something completely unrelated. I had a bit of time to kill so I went through their skincare section (with a fine-toothed comb Laughing ) and came across a little tube of Vicco tumeric cream. I remembered that I read about it here and that I wanted to get some (or that's what I thought) but I could not for the life of me remember what it was used for! Anyway, I ended up getting it (it was only Au$4.50) and came home to find that I didn't really want to get it - just wanted to see if you COULD get it here Laughing

Long story short, since it does say "vanishing cream" on it I shall be experimenting to see if it manages to "vanish" my spider veins Embarassed

Mabsy
ps. Love the smell of the cream! It smells like and incense shop.....
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thats great mabsy! tell us how it goes. I have heard it is used to lighten the skin
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah Mabsy try it on age spots or freckles and see if it makes a difference. I'd love to hear your results.
I've got loads of turmeric powder for cooking - I could probably make some paste out of it - I know many in India make a homemade mask out of it for lightening.
I would be concerned all it is doing is turning my skin yellow since it is a yellow food coloring.
Mabsy

Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I'll give it a go and I'll keep you all posted. I have been using it on just a small area of my thigh (spider veins) and I don't see any discoloration from the cream as yet. I also don't think I'll be able to report on any skin whitening capabilities as my thighs cannot possibly get any paler than they are at the moment Embarassed I meant to do a fake tan on the weekend but I was sick and spent most of it in bed (feeling sorry for myself Very Happy).

Could the potential skin whitening capabilities of the cream come from tumeric's ability to filter out some sun rays? I'm not sure if this is correct but that's what I read on the Vicco website. Not that I'd give up my SPF for it....
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm off to Whole Foods or Sun Harvest to look for this stuff and believe me if it helps with age spots, you'll be hearing all about it!

Mabsy doesn't sound like she has age spots, but I have enough to give it a real workout.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
Well, I'm off to Whole Foods or Sun Harvest to look for this stuff and believe me if it helps with age spots, you'll be hearing all about it!

Mabsy doesn't sound like she has age spots, but I have enough to give it a real workout.

JUDY

Judy,

You are too funny. Love your humor!!!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
At this late hour, I couldn't resist to reply on this post.
I got Vicco Turmuric cream about 4 years ago from an Indian Food Store.
Well, I didn't like it much beacuse after using it on my face, i would get a bit of sweating, I don't know why. The cream itself it yellowish orange with a bit of gloss to it.
Doesn't leave a greasy feeling. However i didn't use it too long to see any results.

It is suppose to ligthen your skin tone and help with pimples (that's what is says on the box).

but My mom never had any breakouts in her life and she used it about 25 years ago and when i look at her skin now, she doesn't have any lines/wrinkles or age spots. Can't be the cream.

Oh Mabsy, Do let me know if it helps with the Veins.
Mabsy

Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I'll keep you updated IndianT. I'm using it twice daily on the veins. Of course, there is nothing that says that it will do anything for spider veins but I just want to try it. Maybe I'll uncover some secret use of the product Rolling Eyes

Judy - Laughing I can find heaps of sun spots on my back (and I never had a single one until I moved to Australia!).
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Judy - Laughing I can find heaps of sun spots on my back (and I never had a single one until I moved to Australia!).

Ah, but you can cover those up. My obsession is the ones on my face and I don't think I can go around with a sack on my head! Laughing

JUDY

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
You can check out turmeric cream at the following website its quite low priced
herbalhealthcure . com
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy I was just reading this thread and realised you were using this product 4 years ago! Exclamation I wonder if you still use it and how did you get on with this product?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen it at an organic food store called whole foods.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I would also be interested in knowing if you still use this cream Mabsy. I take capsules of turmeric for muscle inflammation.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
nghi_luc

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this product for 5 months and it works great on my skin. I used to have bad break out every time I work at night or when I'm stressed out. I tried many different skin care from clinque, to lancome, to proactiv, but none of it work for me. One day my sister sent me a small tube of Vitamin E/Turmeric cream from Vietnam. I tried on this cream for a week and what a big different it made. My skin got so much better, no more break out on my face, and my skin even get lighter. You can find this product on ebay.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Search for "Vitamin E/Turmeric cream" on ebay.
It is an optimal nourisher, helps prevent acne forming, and helps healing the skin. Keeps skin moisturized, silky, and bright. It is organic, so you would have no reaction as other products. I have using it and it helps make my skin looks so much better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:35 am      Reply with quote
i did try a search and couldn't find this cream on ebay...perhaps i somehow just overlooked it.

what is the name of the organic vit.e/tumeric cream from Vietnam?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
At the recommendation of a poster called Fox, i started using turmeric recently to fade some red marks left after a bad acne break-out.

She did give me her full DIY recipe but, as i'm not living at home right now, i'm unable to do DIY. Therefore, i just went out and bought a regular jar of turmeric powder.

I add this to my dermalogica dermal clay cleanser in the shower. it makes the cleanser go all yellowly but it's not too bad. i leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse and use dermalogica daily microfoliant. Doing it this way seems to drastically lessen any yellowness on my face, fingers and nails - i originally added the powder to the microfoliant but was left with yellowy hands! the second cleanse seems to get rid of it all.

Originally, i did notice some success. i seemed to spend less time each morning covering my scars with concealor and the "brightness" of the redness seemed to fade (did that make sense?!). However, i've been a bit lax with it lately and probably only use it about once a week right now.

But, i would recommend giving it a go. The jar will cost a lot less than the cream so you havent wasted too much money if it doesn't work for you. Plus, of course, you can use any left-over turmeric in the kitchen! Laughing

HTH

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the cream has a funny smell to it? For me personally I don't like the smell of tumeric and just want to make sure the cream does not smell that way.
michelle411
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Razz to get the best selling turmeric cream that also has sandalwood in it(which is cooling) go onwww.ayurveda.com and look at their skincare and you will find turmeric cream. i forgot the companies name that makes it even though its in my bathroom at home! this website is reputable and has wicked low shipping fees!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like an interesting product. I know that taking Turmeric internally is supposed to be great for skin and anti-aging purposes so I'd love to try it in a cream. Years ago I found a recipe online for a face mask that said to add a teaspoon of turmeric. I did so and then plastered the whole lot on my face and left it for about 10 minutes. Needless to say the concoction left my skin dyed a luminous shade of yellow that was very embarrassing for me, when I had to go out! It did wash off after a few days though Embarassed .

P.S. Teabags, how much of the powdered turmeric do you add to the dermal clay cleanser?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |