Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review::: NARS Albatross highlighting powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Did you ask her what she did? I use mine mainly for inside eye for the glow look there - very little on cheekbone - only special occasions. Maybe you are putting on too heavy??? I'm sure you're not but... Try a vy lite amount and check it later to see if it's working. Sometimes if I put something on too heavy it becomes obvious.

I sure hope someone can help you out ginnieliz.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried this and LOVE it, however am waiting to order soon as I have already spent to much this month Laughing Cant wait to get it though!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Here's how I use it: I start with a primer, then my foundation. I let that "cure" for a half minute or so, then I use my Lumiere baby kabuki brush and lightly brush Albatross in a "C" shape beginning in the center of my browbone, around the outer eye zone, and across my upper cheek bone. If it looks a bit much, I wipe the brush and go over the area a few times to buff it in.

I would definitely try a primer and foundation so that the pore are "filled" already. Let us know how you get on with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both very much for your tips. I've been using the lightest touch I could, and the fluffiest brush, but perhaps I need to get a stippling brush like they use for very dark blushes or something! I will keep experimenting.

I'm normally not a foundation or primer gal, mostly because they tend to break me out... but I will have to give that a try. I'm getting old enough that I'm going to need to start soon anyway, haha. If only the acne would stop when the wrinkles start!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
mi_ni

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Didnt try the Albatross highlighter...But I have HUNGRY HEART...its really nice!! beauty shimmer which will not be visible for all the angles, but for particular angle looking at it, it just awesome!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have never looked at Albatross highlighter and this thread got my attention. Is is possible to apply it as an all over the face? Would it look too ghostly?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz,

For what it is worth I don't use this product, but have a few similar type products, mine are all MMU. I find my best application works with a primer! Some I find work well are Mirenesse, Senna, BE and for a drugstore brand 24-7 mineral brand also makes a very good primer. If you are using a liquid or cream foundation make sure it is completely dry before applying the powder, that could be interfering. I would also suggest washing your brush well and allowing it to completely dry before trying again, just to make sure there isn't built up oils from skin or makeup causing the uneven application.

Just a few thoughts, might help!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Aw, you're totally right -- I hate shampooing brushes and waiting forever for them to dry! Laughing

I usually apply when I'm kinda in a rush, and my face is a) covered in facial oil since I use that instead of a traditional moisturizer, and b) still sweaty from the heat of showering/blow drying/straightening. So I'm sure my 'ideal highlighter application conditions' are not being met, haha.

I will do some more experimenting and just see... hopefully one of the seven zillion primer samples that Sephora has sent me will not break me out! Thanks again for weighing in, gals!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz, LOL another Sephora junkie, I have so many samples from them it is a joke!
I hear you on the waiting for brushes to dry, I buy doubles of my favorites, I know I am bad Bad Grin I do have a few travel sets sephora and smashbox being my favorites, if my regular brushes don't dry overnight I grab them and use them until the others are dry!

As far as the sweaty issue after blow drying use either tissue or blotting papers to absorb, it's quick and easy!
I use oil blends to moisturize (home made) I apply to damp skin massage a bit and give it a couple of minutes to absorb.

DM
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds very good! I will go and check it out!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I think the Albatross looks nice on people with warm undertones. I have cool undertones and am fair, and the Albatross does not look good on me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Aw, you're totally right -- I hate shampooing brushes and waiting forever for them to dry! Laughing

I usually apply when I'm kinda in a rush, and my face is a) covered in facial oil since I use that instead of a traditional moisturizer, and b) still sweaty from the heat of showering/blow drying/straightening. So I'm sure my 'ideal highlighter application conditions' are not being met, haha.

I will do some more experimenting and just see... hopefully one of the seven zillion primer samples that Sephora has sent me will not break me out! Thanks again for weighing in, gals!

On another note - have you tried MAC's brush cleaner? I find it better than the other ones I have tried and it has a FAST drying time!

Oh yeah, and I enjoy my Albatross. Great highlighter on cheekbones and sometimes I use it as a shadow.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Oooh, thank you for the rec! I haven't ever managed to commit to a brush cleaner because I never got a definitive "this one is better than others" rec before. (So I just use normal shampoo, and it's insanely hard to get out!)

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Salley Beauty sells a quick drying brush cleaner as well. I have a 16 oz. Facial cleanser by Pur Minerals that doubles as a brush cleaner, as expensive as good brushes are I pamper mine, I personally find the fast drying ones too harsh, Just my little opinion
DM
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I think the Albatross looks nice on people with warm undertones. I have cool undertones and am fair, and the Albatross does not look good on me.

This is helpful, thanks! Very Happy
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Jeannine wrote:

This is helpful, thanks! Very Happy

I meant to respond to this too! I'm cool-toned as well so maybe this is part of it. I do like how it looks though -- just not on my cheekbones, I think, which is where I'm most cool.

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I finally tried this product with the Korres silicone-free primer, which is not as effective as a heavier primer (but I didn't want to risk breaking out if I used a traditional 'cone-y one). It definitely helped the settling-in-pores thing, as does putting it on when I am NOT fresh out of the shower and prone to sweating.

Trouble is, I think now more than ever it is evident that this stuff is better on warmer-toned gals. But I do still like it -- it's a wonderful eye-area product, and I will probably use it on days when the rest of my makeup agrees with something less cool-toned.

Thanks to all for the tip!

janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:13 am      Reply with quote
i am a big fan of NARs too, almost like everything Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |