Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review::: NARS Albatross highlighting powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, I realize I haven't done a review in a long time. So here's one for my latest makeup purchase which I'm extremely happy with- Nars Albatross highlight powder. HG highlighter for me. I've been on a long tedious search for an everyday cheekbone/browbone highlighting powder with NO glitter. It has to be a powder because I'm oily, and it has to have no glitter because I work in a professional environment. This is the ideal highlighter for me because it is a beautiful gold shimmer which looks like a soft metallic sheen on my skin, the lit-from-within glow which is non-greasy and most importantly non-glittery. I always finish off my look with this on top of blush. Lasting power is superb and price is good (Cdn$27) considering the amount. It comes in the same-sized black rubber case as all of Nars' blushes. I will repurchase this because it gives me the exact effect I want and i haven't been able to find any other highlighting powder that is shimmery sans glitter (strike-outs with MAC msf, MAC iridescent powders, BE all over colors, BB shimmer bricks, Stila all over shimmer powder, MUFE shine on & star powders, Guerlain meteorites, Smashbox soft lights...just to give you an idea of how much $ i've wasted). If you're looking for a powder highlighter to make you look like a vision of health, I strongly recommend this. In the corners of the eyes, it makes you look more awake and on cheekbones it gives the quintessential J.Lo glow. A+

flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just came across a thread in which folks were comparing these two products and I laughed out loud because my daughter and I recently did a back-to-back comparison ourselves during her last visit! I had the Albatross, and she brought the MAC Beauty Powder Sunsparked Pearl in her makeup case.

The verdict--kind of a tossup, actually. As far as sparkliness, both are very, very subtle. We applied them first side by side on the inner arm--Albatross was a tad more shimmery, perhaps, and a platinum-gold color. Sunsparked Pearl is a really complicated color to describe--it's a light beige, but it seems to have tinges of plum and peach in it, too. But once we put them on our faces, we couldn't actually discern a distinct color with the MAC highlighter. Instead, like the Albatross, it gives a subtle lit-from-within glow. Both are on the warm side.

We tried out two applications--first, just as a highlighter over the browbone, with a nice blush below. (I used Julie Hewett Natural Cheekie, she used Nars Deep Throat.) Then, on a bare browbone as a highlighter over a neutral eyeshadow (Malted Shimmerwash by Bobbi Brown for me, I forget what she used...) Incidentally, she used a blush brush and an eyeshadow brush--I used a baby kabuki by Lumiere. Again, left side was one highlighter, and the right was the other.

Final verdict: She thinks the MAC is better. I honestly saw very little difference either looking at her or at me. And they were close enough so that we went right out to dinner and didn't "even up" our makeup. Both are really beautiful, subtle and I think would work for almost anyone.

Now, why doesn't Consumer Reports do comparisons like this??
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |