Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Poorly recently - Skin stressed with fine lines pigment etc.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mrspopov

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i'm 32yrs old medium complexion (although pale at moment) rarely go in sun but i've been quite poorly all my life and more recently i'm having tests for MS. The past six months have been quite tough and i've noticed it on my face. I'm starting to develop lots of fine lines and crows feet although only when I smile, they were there six months ago. When I am not smiling I only have a couple of small lines on my forehead but as soon as I smile they seem to multiply in numbers.

I don't really have a good moisturiser routine. I always take my makeup off. Use Revlon foundation with the sunscreen in it but rarely in the sun. Drink lots of water, healthy diet etc.

Use Boots skin care moisturiser day and evening - the anti aging one.

What I really want help with is to find a skin care routine which might address my under eye fine lines. The skin under my eyes appears quite a bit thinner than before and i've got some shadows etc.

So guys can you help me out? Point me in the right direction and give me some tips??

I've also developed a couple of areas of over pigmentation on my cheeks, like large beauty spots. Any help with products to remove these would be so grateful...
mrspopov

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
sorry was meant to say the lines weren't there six months ago!!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am 35 and have minor lines around my eyes and for the past few months have been using a vitamin c serum every morning followed by HA serum with good results. I have also recently been noticing some areas of pigmentation (probably because I was using vit c with no sunscreen which is a no-no) and find that using an aspirin mask a couple times a week is brightening up my complexion, and giving my pores a good cleaning.

BTW, about 5 years ago I also went through testing for possible MS and know how stressful it can be. After about a year of testing (and waiting for tests), it turned out to be something else. But then last year my brother was diagnosed with MS. Sad
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
sorry but i am wondernig what MS is??
mrspopov

Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya

MS = Multiple sclerosis

Do you have any suggestions for Vic C serum and HA. Where can I buy these? Also what is the aspirin mask?

Thanks alot
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that.
Apart from using Vit C, I suggested you use hydrating mask more frequently.
After all, drink more water and sleep well are very important too.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
you can buy vit c serum and HA on this site. EDS is the best place to buy at the reasonable price. Very Happy
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
mrspopov wrote:
Do you have any suggestions for Vic C serum and HA.

I have used PSF HA serum and really like it. You can buy that here at EDS. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-ha-serum-p_4947.htm
For vitamin c I use Cellex-C High Potency Serum, which can also be bought here (unless you live in Canada like me) but it's not cheap. The PSF vitamin c serum is reasonably priced here and I've read alot of great reviews about it, although I have never tried it myself. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-vitamin-c-serum-15-p_7212.htm
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
mrspopov wrote:
Also what is the aspirin mask?

Make sure you use uncoated aspirin as these will dissolve easier. Put 3-4 aspirin in a small dish and add a couple drops of milk to dissolve them. I then add about 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and a drop of honey. The mask will have a gritty look, this is normal. I leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, then moisten my face and very gently massage my face. Then rinse off and apply a toner and moisturizer. Don't use the mask more than twice a week as it can be very drying.

I use carekate's aspirin mask with great results http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24277 and here is a thread of other aspirin mask recipies http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=12902 . There are tons of great recipies for aspirin masks if you just do a search. I find that the aspirin mask brightens the skin and helps reduce acne scars.
mrspopov

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your help.

What type of hydrating mask would you recommend for normal/dry skin thats slightly sensitive??
mrspopov

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Is this the carekate you are talking about?

Recipe for homemade TendSkin (note: this recipe was originally posted by a member on MUA, although it has since disappeared...I don't know who the original author is, but it wasn't me!):

What you need:

Uncoated aspirin
70% alcohol
Witch Hazel
A measuring cup/bottle
2 bottles used to shake mixtures
1 8oz or more bottle/container to keep finished product

What you do:

1. Pour 5.5oz of 70% alcohol into one bottle.
2. Drop 18 uncoated aspirins into the alcohol. Cap bottle and shake.
3. Pour 2.5oz of witch hazel into the second bottle.
4. Drop 8 uncoated aspirins into the witch hazel. Cap bottle and shake.
5. Wait awhile (30 minutes to a whole day) for the aspirins to dissolve in the liquids. Shake periodically to help dissolve aspirin and mix. NOTE: not all of the aspirin will dissolve. That’s ok- some of it never will.
6. Now combine both the alcohol and witch hazel mixtures together into one bottle. Make sure you shake it up before you pour them out so you also get the aspirin residue into the new bottle.

This last bottle is your Tendskin! Use 1-2 a day. Reduce usage if you experience dryness or flaking or irritation. DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN. Make sure you shake it well before each use.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
mrspopov wrote:
Thanks for all your help.

What type of hydrating mask would you recommend for normal/dry skin thats slightly sensitive??

I LOVE Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask. I just apply a light layer so a tube lasts me a long time. You can buy it here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-rejuvenating-p_2063.htm (check out the reviews at the bottom), but I have found ebay to be better priced. Dr Hauschka also has a moisturizing mask but I have never tried it.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
mrspopov wrote:
Is this the carekate you are talking about?

Recipe for homemade TendSkin (note: this recipe was originally posted by a member on MUA, although it has since disappeared...I don't know who the original author is, but it wasn't me!):

No, that recipe is for ingrown hairs. Laughing

Here's Carekate's recipe for aspirin mask.
Quote:
Recipe for Dr. Holland’s Super Brightening Super-Sonic Facial Mask

What you’ll need:

• Large bottle of plain/generic, uncoated aspirin
• Clean, empty small jar or other similar container
• Granulated (i.e.: white) or brown sugar
• Lactic Acid Concentrate
• Aloe Vera juice (may substitute plain distilled water, or strongly-brewed green and/or chamomile tea *made* with distilled water)
• Aloe Vera Extract (may substitute Jojoba or any other oil of your choice)
• French Green Clay (optional)
• Honey (optional)

What you do:

• Fill jar with approximately 50 aspirin tablets;
• Add just enough aloe vera juice/water/tea to completely dissolve the aspirin tablets into a smooth powder;
• Stir in two teaspoons of sugar;
• Add one-eighth teaspoon of Lactic Acid Concentrate (available from the Personal Formulator website);
• Stir in one-fourth teaspoon of Aloe Vera Extract or oil and a splash of honey (if desired);
• If desired, gradually add a portion of French Green Clay to mixture. I like to include the clay in my version simply because I have serious oil control issues so I need all the oil-absorbing help I can get!
• Blend all ingredients by stirring thoroughly. If necessary, drizzle in a bit more oil or other liquid until your mask has reached your desired consistency.

Note: the above-recipe yields approximately enough mask for a one month supply, however you *can* make a ‘single-serving’ size of the mask fresh each day by doing the following:

Use only 2-3 aspirin, a pinch of sugar, a couple of drops of *whole milk* (this replaces the lactic acid concentrate above) in which to dissolve the aspirin, and one drop each of aloe vera extract or oil and honey. Mix it altogether in a small dish or the palm of your hand.

How you do it:

• Two to three times per week, apply thin layer of mask to entire face and neck, avoiding the eye contour area.
• Leave mask on for 10-15 minutes, then moisten fingertips and gently massage mask into skin, rewetting your fingers often.
• Rinse with lukewarn water, pat dry.
• Followup with ACV Toner, then any serums or moisturizers as desired.

Important Note: This mask can be drying for some users, so do not use more often than recommended, no matter how much you may be tempted by the miraculous reduction in red marks from previous breakouts!

Also, it is a good idea to followup this mask by applying a nice, rich facial moisturizer after rinsing mask off and applying ACV toner.

For extremely sensitive skin, you do not need to leave it on for as long as directed, or else you may cut back and use mask only 1-2 per week
mrspopov

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
OOPS..........

LMAO!

Laughing

Right will look at the mask!

Thanks so much for your help!
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
You are stressed and worried and this is showing in your skin. Have you thought of using a Boots serum under your moisturizer and maybe go for a facial you are still young so if you take Vitamin C orally and stay away from the Vit C serum its not good when you are worried. Before I had my hip replaced my skin was bad with pain and worry (not saying you have much more to worry about and maybe its might be unfounded hopefully) but since I have had the operation people say I look younger so pain and worry tell on our face. The best of luck with your results.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
You say you have a normal/dry skin that is slightly sensitive, so it might be an idea to go carefully when first using any Vitamin C product on your face.
HTH
mrspopov

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ok thanks..

I'm definitely looking older much more so since I became ill in February..

I am now taking a really good multivitamin and my diet is full of fruit and vegetables.

I drink lots and lots of water aswell!

I will try the hydrating mask - well infact just bought the one mentioned a little earlier off ebay.

Are there any natural hydrating masks that I can make up?

I've never had a facial, must book one!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
You could look into retinoids as well. Im using retin a but cant really see a difference in lines yet but heard it takes months to see a difference.

Also been using Matrixyl which is meant to help boost collagen or something. I use the I Feel Pretty one.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |