Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recs for hair revitalizing spray and curly hair products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone:

I recently got a digital perm done and I have never had curly hair in my entire life. I have had japanese straightening done for the last 7 or 8 years and decided to try something different.

I think it looks great when I really take the time to do it, but I'm still learning how live with curly hair.

What products do all of you recommend for curl definition in the morning? I still want my hair to be soft (not wet and/or crunchy looking) and I am not a big fan of things with tons of fragrance.

In addition, I find that I have to wash less often now or else my hair gets dry. Can anyone recommend a revitalizing hair spray or product that I can use for in-between washings? Again, I prefer things with less fragrance.

Cheers and thanks!
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LL,

i'm doing the same thing!! just started to appreciate the curls after 4 years of straightening..

from experience, the main thing is to wait for the hair to grow, get rid of all the straight ones.. otherwise, the hairstyle will still looks a bit funny.. another thing is to find a good hairstylist.. i've always struggled to define my curls.. but i found a new hairstylist that cut them really well.. so i dun have to do much things to my hair.. i normally just put in some creams and let it dry naturally.. =)

i think u can try kevin murphy's leave in conditioner (but i sometimes find them too heavy cause i've oily scalp).. or a styling product by KMS silken creame (comes in a cute pink bottle that allows u to squeeze out the cream)..

However, they both smells quite heavily and pleansantly.. so i'm not sure if u like to try.. but maybe try to get hold of some samples if u can =)

or maybe u can try the SKB with conditioner thing? i've read in some of the topics that they use sea kelp to keep the curls define n moisturised..
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oops.. another thing.. try to wash ur hair once in 2 days.. i think that helps to prevent the hair from becoming too drying..

for me, it normally tends to become more moisturised.. as i've oil scalp.. the oil from the head sort of keep them moisturised itself.. so i dun put products on it if i dun wash my hair..
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:11 am      Reply with quote
You may try Joico styling gel (orange line) or Paul Mitchell (green apple on the bottle) to set your curl. It's not too hard or wet.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I have very dry, naturally curly hair. Suddz FX is absolutely THE BEST line I've ever tried. More details in the Product Review section where I posted a detailed review of products I've tried in this line.

Over a year later and I'm still lovin' it Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I have never heard of Sudz FX. Is it sold in drugstores?

I will also check out the other recommendations.

Anyone try Aveda's Curl Up Cream? Pantene's Curl Line also got great reviews at MUA. I don't use Pantene shampoos and conditioners because every hair stylist that I've met has told me that Pantene causes hairloss. Anyone have positive experiences with their styling products?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
LL - There's a fantastic website called naturallycurl.com with tons of info on products, styling, etc. It's really helped me understand my very curly hair and how to take care of it. Please check it out b/c it'll answer any ?s you have. The bottom line w/ curly hair is moisture!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
LL wrote:
Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I have never heard of Sudz FX. Is it sold in drugstores?

I will also check out the other recommendations.

Anyone try Aveda's Curl Up Cream? Pantene's Curl Line also got great reviews at MUA. I don't use Pantene shampoos and conditioners because every hair stylist that I've met has told me that Pantene causes hairloss. Anyone have positive experiences with their styling products?

Hey LL, I used pantene for a short time. It made my hair soft temporarily, then dried it out horribly. I wouldn't even use that stuff to wash my dog... Bad Grin One of the disadvantages of SuddzFX is finding it; it's only sold in beauty supply/salon stores that perform a minimum of salon services, so you won't find it in drug stores, walmart, sephora, etc. Here's a link to a more detailed review along with links to their website that will help you find a salon in your area that carries it. [although their salon list is incomplete]

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24370&highlight=

http://www.sudzzfx.com/

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |