Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Attention Baby Quasar users! A little feedback, pls... :-)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I have a question...when your BQ is on high power or continuous wave, and you look at that little oval of visible light, are all the bulbs in the oval of the same intensity? I ask because half the oval of my visible light is much dimmer than the other half. I want a little feedback from more experienced Quasar owners to determine if I should contact Advanced Therapeutics about a potential problem.

I also believe my beeper doesn't work all the time. Has anyone noticed their beeper skipping a 2- or 4- minute cycle, or maybe being much less loud sometimes than at others?

In case anyone's wondering, as per the thread I posted a few weeks ago, I bought a DPL because I thought it might save on time. HOWEVER...once I got it I discovered that it was much bigger than I expected and I don't really have anywhere to put it! :-/

For anyone thinking of buying one, it wasn't THAT big...just bigger than I expected/planned for. I'm definitely space-challenged in my "crib". LOL

I also don't have the time for the first month to treat every area I want to treat twice a day, or even for two contiguous 9-minute treatment cycles.

So I ordered a BQ to try because 1) It's so small and goes anywhere, and 2) the time factor. BQ takes longer to treat a whole area but you only have to do it twice per week in the beginning and once per week after you've settled into maintenance. And I LOVE it!! After just one treatments with hyaluronic acid (from the Personal Formulator) I swear I saw an improvement in my jawline. Already I'm jonesing for an SE. Shock Very Happy

I want to make it clear that I'm not knocking the DPL...after trying both, I have simply decided the BQ was a better fit for me. But others may like the DPL better, as Marie does. I think it depends on your space and time requirements. And the vendors of both products gave outstanding customer service. I kind of wish I could afford to keep both devices!

Anyway, any feedback anyone can give me on the light issue and maybe the beeper issue would be appreciated. Thanks!
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
My suggestion would be to contact Advanced Therapeutics. They have always been very helpful to me and have answered all of my questions. I just recently upgraded to the Quasar SP from the Baby Q and love it if not more than the Baby Q. So, give them a call. They are very helpful. Good Luck.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
My beeper does skip from time to time, ro rhyme or reason, but I count seconds per section anyway. I would ask Advan. about the lights, I haven't looked directly at them. I tried to sort of, to answ. your question, but it is really hard to tell while squinting and shielding.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
LOL Yes, Annie, you have to kind of look at it out of the corner of your eye while sort of tilting the BQ head away from your eyes. That's why I'm asking, actually, because I don't know if it looks as if half the visible lights are dimmer because of the angles I'm using to look at the BQ head, or if there's really a problem. The picture of the MAX on the Adavance Thera website shows all the visible lights glowing at the same intensity/brightness, although I can't find a head-on picture of the BQ. I did briefly look at it directly, however, so I'm fairly certain that half the oval of visible light is much dimmer than the other half.

I'm going to wait a bit to contact Advance Thera, see if anyone else has my "problem".
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I don't think you can see that the lights are on since they are not all in the visible range. That being said, it seems odd that some are on but not as bright as others. I would definitely call and find out what's going on. I had a problem with my Baby Q just shutting itself off and they replaced it immediately, no questions asked. I would expect them to be very helpful.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I talked to Alex at Advanced Thera about my issues, and he said the lights are indeed dimmer on one side of the oval of visible light because it has to do with wavelength and nanometers. I don't quite understand it all yet but basically it's different types of light that have different benefits, which is why the Quasars work so well. It makes sense and I'm satisfied.

He also said that it sounds like I might have a beeper issue and that he was going to send me out a new Baby tomorrow.

So I told him while he was at it to go ahead and send me a "Mom" (SP), too. Rolling Eyes I just couldn't stand it...the SP has been eating a hole in my brain ever since I saw the instantaneous great results on my jawline from the BQ. What a spendthrift am I. But, like all you Quasar users here, I suspect I will always consider it money well spent.

So that's the end of that...the lights work as they're supposed to, the beeper issue is resolved by excellent customer service, and I have a SP on the way.

I wonder if they'll ever offer an upgrade to the Big Brother... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
So that's the end of that...the lights work as they're supposed to, the beeper issue is resolved by excellent customer service, and I have a SP on the way.

I am new to the Quasar SP but so far I am loving it. Let us know how you like it. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Can an individual (not an esthetician or salon) purchase the Quasar SP? I'm just learning about these units, but from what I'm reading on the forum, BQ users are wishing they had the SP...so maybe I'll skip the first step and get the SP?? Can it be used all over the body? Can it hurt your eyes??
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Can an individual (not an esthetician or salon) purchase the Quasar SP? I'm just learning about these units, but from what I'm reading on the forum, BQ users are wishing they had the SP...so maybe I'll skip the first step and get the SP?? Can it be used all over the body? Can it hurt your eyes??

I upgraded to the SP several weeks ago. Call AT as I think they have a nice promotion going for EDS members.

Mountaingirl, I loved the BQ but adore the SP. It is more powerful than the BQ, much quicker to use and yes, you can use it anywhere. It was too much of a hassel for me to use the BQ on my declotee. The few weeks I have had the SP my declotee looks so much younger. I believe the SP comes with a lifetime warranty. What the heck...you have 60 days to evaluate it. Just make sure you take good care of it during your trial period. It is extremely ruggid. Just pack it away after each use in a safe place.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes, an individual can purchase a Quasar. I think whether it's an SP or Baby, you will love it (or I hope you will).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:44 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
My beeper does skip from time to time, ro rhyme or reason,

Oh, so I'm not nuts after all Laughing !! I thought my BQ was skipping beeps, but wasn't sure if it was my BQ or me going nutty Very Happy .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |