Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

San Francisco
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I will be visiting San Francisco in a couple days. I will be mostly staying in the downtown area or anywhere attainable by public transit since we are not planning to rent a car. Could someone recommend some good restaurants and some good shopping spots. TIA!
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I can definately tell you about the shopping spots. Union Square in downtown San Francisco is fabulous. Nordstrom, Neimans,Saks the new Westfield Mall with Bloomingdales, Sephora, Anthropologie,Loehmanns on Sutter.
I also like to go to Fillmore St. and 24th st. in the Noe Valley. Both of those streets have alot of cute boutiques. Haight St. is fun but can also be a little grungy for some tourists. I think that you will love Union Square.
DebyBerkowitz

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Be sure and check out Fisherman's wharf. Last time I was there the Bare Escentuals store was still there although the one in Union Square had closed. If not there, I am sure it is opne somewhere in SF. China Town is also fun -- nice linens and stuff.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I second Union Square, the Embarcadero and Fisherman's Wharf. If you're staying downtown you can easily get to all of these via cable cars and bus. The public transit in SF is much better than it is here in SoCal because you're dealing with a smaller, more compact area.

Have fun and hopefully you can make it to Chinatown too! Whenever I go to Chinatown, I stock up on silk robes that inevitabley tear and get ruined within 6 months but they're so nice while they last Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you guys. Good thing that my hotel is only one block away from the Union Square, lots of time to shop!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I will be visiting San Francisco in a couple days. I will be mostly staying in the downtown area or anywhere attainable by public transit since we are not planning to rent a car. Could someone recommend some good restaurants and some good shopping spots. TIA!

What kind of food do you like? A couple of my favorites that I can remember back when I lived there was the Steps of Rome and the Stinking Rose (both Italian restaurants). I am so bad at remembering names so I can't name the others that I loved (one was a French restaurant)... sorry about that Embarassed.

For drinks, if you drink at all, check out Blondies on Valencia in the Mission- it's the greatest martini bar!

I second that Filmore has some cute shops. I also liked some of the boutiques on Union St between Pacific Heights and the Marina. Smile

Have fun and enjoy San Fran!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Amnis.

I assume those Italian restaurants you mentioned could be found in the North Beach area? I love Italian food.

I would also like to hear someone recommending a seafood restaurant in downtown or by fisherman's wharf?

As for Fillmore in Noe Valley, is it part of downtown too?

Thanks again!
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I forgot about Union St., it has some really cute and different shops. Fillmore runs into Union and Noe St. is further away. But they all are accessible by bus. Union Square would probably keep you busy for the whole weekend. HTH
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I lived in SF for 15 years and loved every minute of it. For good seafood and live music, there's Pier23. http://www.pier23cafe.com/

Another great cozy, romantic restaurant is called The Brazenhead in the Cow Hollow district. It's really small and doesn't even have a sign out front but it's a favorite local haunt.
http://www.brazenheadsf.com/

I second everyone for shopping at Union Square, Union Street (also in Cow Hollow different from Union Sq.), Fillmore Street, 24th Street in Noe Valley, and also Chestnut Street in the Marina district. (Don't think anyone mentioned that one yet.)

Have a wonderful time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot about Chestnut St. I got the cutest top in one of the boutiques on that street...

iaimei- yes, Steps of Rome and Stinking Rose are in North Beach. They are actually pretty much across the street from one another. Just yp.yahoo them and you will see where they are located.

For seafood I am sure many of the restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf have great seafood. Mammamia- I think I ate at Pier 23... if I did, it was DELICIOUS! Smile I love seafood- esp fresh crab.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am leaving for SF tormorrw morning and I am really excited now. I have heard so much wonderful things about SF and now I get a chance to see it myself. Again, thank you all for your wonderful tips.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Have a great trip! I'm so glad you started this thread - I'll be traveling to SF in October, and I'm saving this info for when I go! Very Happy

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone I am back from a wonderful trip. My hubby and I truly enjoyed the beautiful city. We did all the tourist things, the fisherman's wharf, the golden gate bridge, the cable car, the Lombard street, and Victorian Houses, and explored many distinct neighbourhoods like North Beach, the Castro area, the Mission, the union street and Haight street. Each one has its own charm and many places (including the downtown homeless) reminds me of Vancouver.

Yes thank you guys I took your advice to the "stinky rose" restaurant on Columbus street, it was very nice. Also, I had the best Thai food on Castro street. Ginnielizz, if you go please try this "Thailand Restaurant" right across the Castro theatre. It's divine and super reasonably priced. Too bad I only stumbled on this one the last night of our trip otherwise I would go again.

As for shopping I was delighted to see both H&M and "Forever 21" in Union square since they are not in Vancouver yet. Darn it, after I got home I realized the Cdn has risen over par now. I could have saved more by buying more.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Glad you had a nice trip Iaimei.
SF really is a great city but you're right the homeless situation is definitely a problem. I know that the mayor was trying to make this one of his priorities but I don't know if he has made any strides or not. Since I moved out of SF I don't keep a watchful eye on the political situation like I once did. Anyway, I have been to that Thai restaurant on Castro and I agree that it's very good...There are just too many good restaurants in that city!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yay, glad to hear you two had a nice trip, and thanks for the recommendation! I appreciate it, and I'll keep the place in mind when we go. I don't know how much we'll get to be in the actual city, since our friends are getting married in Sonoma, but we're hoping to do some SF-proper visits as well. Smile Man, EDS is SO useful!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz

If you get the chance, take the ferry from San Francisco to Sausalito (or you can just drive it -- I think it's a quick 10 minute drive).

Sausalito is across the bay from SF and has lots of wonderful little shops with very clever artsy things, along with great little restaurants. You can make a very fun day out of touring the town, or just spend a couple of hours. I have a very fond memory of sitting at a table out in the late afternoon sun, by the water, with white wine, mussels and french bread, and celebrating my fun day and all my great little purchases!

(I would have recommended stopping by Sausalito to iamime, too, but I didn't read her post in time to recommend it to her before she went.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Aw, thank you! Sadly, I kind of doubt we'll be able to do that this time (though to be honest, since my boyfriend is a member of the wedding party and I'm not, I might just jaunt off there myself, haha). It's tough because I get all these great suggestions and want to try EVERYTHING and just ignore our friends, haha. Alas, we'll figure something out. Thanks so much for the tips!

Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
If you any do want to ride the ferry boat, don't forget to also visit Alcatraz Island as one of you tourist spot to go/see...

Sausalito is quaint and you can also rent bikes to do a bit of biking in the surrounding area...

Have Fun!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |