Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

any tips for zit emergency/crisis?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Why didn't I leave it alone?! Sad It was barely noticeable this morning, but I had to go and have a pick at it and now it's a big ugly red thing. I have an interview tomorrow and don't want it to be there. Has anyone got any top tips for overnight treatments to reducing the redness? (And sorry to be graphic/gross, but in my attempt to extract the gunk I also made a mess of the skin and now it's open/weeping.)

I've got a cupboard full of all sorts of ointments, masks, creams, etc so if someone has a good suggestion chances are I'll probably have it on-hand to give it a try!

Any help/suggestions VERY much appreciated. TIA!
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
put a topical like neosporin or polysporin where the skin is broken, it will help it heal faster!
lazysusan
5% products discount

Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
apply few drops of tea tree oil on it ..you might want to dilute it if you ve sensitive skin ..HTH
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I feel for you!!! Ok, first things first--- this won't help you now, however, the next time you need to extract a blemish and you can't afford to have any "downtime", try this method my aesthetician taught me the last time I was having a similar crisis:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25330&highlight=lavender+aesthetician

In the meantime, if you have any Dr. Mist, spray it on liberally--- it will help! Also if you have any Finacea (azelaic acid), that's also helpful in bringing down inflammation quickly. Failing that, try using a wet chamomile tea bag as a compress and then top it off with a dab of hydrocortisone cream/Burt's Bees Dr. Burt's Healing Ointment. No matter what, NO more picking at it or squeezing it, at least until after your interview tomorrow. Good luck, and keep us updated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
As I am reading the book "Dr Denses's secrets for ageless skin", she reveled one of her personal secrets for treating occasional acne outbreaks:

" to put a prescription-strength corticosteroid cream on the cystic acne site at the earliest sign of an outbreak. I cover it with a bandage strip to keep it on all night, because without coverage it does not work. By the morning, the acne has usually shrunk. I repeat this once or twice before the acne is gone. Ever since I began this method, I have not had a red acne scar " but she also WARNS the danger of using this method "prolonged steroid use on skin thins out the skin, so one must limit this treatment to one to two nights only. This treatment has a similar effectiveness to corticosteroid injection into the acne site but of course less risky"

I found her method interesting and tempt to try it out, but I will absolutely refrain from over-doing this.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
As I am reading the book "Dr Denses's secrets for ageless skin", she reveled one of her personal secrets for treating occasional acne outbreaks:

" to put a prescription-strength corticosteroid cream on the cystic acne site at the earliest sign of an outbreak. I cover it with a bandage strip to keep it on all night, because without coverage it does not work. By the morning, the acne has usually shrunk. I repeat this once or twice before the acne is gone. Ever since I began this method, I have not had a red acne scar " but she also WARNS the danger of using this method "prolonged steroid use on skin thins out the skin, so one must limit this treatment to one to two nights only. This treatment has a similar effectiveness to corticosteroid injection into the acne site but of course less risky"

I found her method interesting and tempt to try it out, but I will absolutely refrain from over-doing this.

Thanks for the great tip, iaimei! I'm going to have to try that.

Graceless lady, how are things lookin today?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the fantastic tips! I put a chamomile tea bag on it to reduce the redness/swelling, and then slept with a dab of hydrocortisone. This morning, the swelling and redness had gone down considerably - but unfortunately the skin was a little "burned" from where I'd put some salicylic acid on it yesterday. Not easy to put make-up on that without making it look worse, so I just put a tiny amount of foundation on it. And the good news is the interview went well and I have a new client!

There are some fantastic tips here, and I am very grateful to those of you who responded. And I vow here and now to do my best to NEVER pick again!!!
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I would warn everyone about putting tea tree oil directly on a pimple without diluting it first. I know this because I did this last month for two huge blind pimples on my chin and I ended with a chemical burn! I still have red marks on my chin now and I am using Mario Badescu healing cream which is helping. I have also bought the MB buffering lotion and drying cream which is supposed to be great but I will try the cortisone cream if I ever get a large blind pimple again. Thanks for the tip!
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
glad to hear everything turned out okay! if you don't have a pressing event in the near future, it might be worthwhile to lightly "lance" your blemish (with one of those diabetes pricking things--they're actually really cheap at the drugstore), then apply a TINY, TINY (i cannot emphasize this enough!) amount of a retinoid and some bha directly on the pimple. repeat this hourly, preferably at least four. the blemish goes away like nothing else; unfortunately, sometimes this technique leaves me with a brown hyperinflammatory scar. ah well, i guess you can't have everything.
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I have a great trick. Disolve an aspirin and dab the zit with it. Then put Neosporin Cream w/Pain Relief (not the ointment) over the asprin. Cover with one of those small round bandages and sleep with it over night. It shrinks the zit considerably by the next day. I just had a whopper on my chin and you can barely see it now.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
Thank you all for the fantastic tips! I put a chamomile tea bag on it to reduce the redness/swelling, and then slept with a dab of hydrocortisone. This morning, the swelling and redness had gone down considerably - but unfortunately the skin was a little "burned" from where I'd put some salicylic acid on it yesterday. Not easy to put make-up on that without making it look worse, so I just put a tiny amount of foundation on it. And the good news is the interview went well and I have a new client!

There are some fantastic tips here, and I am very grateful to those of you who responded. And I vow here and now to do my best to NEVER pick again!!!

Is there anything like that over the counter or over the internet?

5% products discount

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I use Queen Helene Mask and spot treat them on zits and they seem to diminish themselves in 2-3 days!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |