Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pressed powder and loose powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of trying loose powder as my friend recommended. I'd like ot know what is the difference between pressed powder and loose powder? Which type of powder is the best for you?
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
pressed powder comes in a cake, and loose powder is exactly what it sounds like Smile
not exactly sure which would be better for the skin though... i use a pressed powder and my sister uses a loose powder. i think pressed powder provides more coverage and loose powder is more sheer, but i could be wrong...
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Personally i like loose powder, just because it doesnt dry out my skin as the pressed powder does. Although i think pressed powder finish looks better than loose powder. I would definitely go with pressed powder if i can just find the perfect product. Hopefully.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I like both, depending on what time of year it is. For spring and summer, due to higher humidity and more shine on my face, I use pressed mineral powder. In fall and winter, I use loose mineral powder because it dries my skin less. In both cases, Jane Iredale brand.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
It seems to me that more loose powders contain beneficial ingredients (i.e. silk powder, pearl powder, certain EOs, etc.) so I tend to prefer those. I also just like them better for application, personally. There may be some pressed powders that have good ingredients like the above-mentioned, but I don't know of any!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Jira, loose powder is used for finishing your make-up in the morning. To reduce the greasy from sunscreen or cream you used. But press powder is suit for during daytime to make-up. It's easy to portable in your handbag.
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I prefer looser powder at this moment follow with foundation. It is not cakey during day time. Rolling Eyes
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I use loose powder as a finishing powder when applying my make-up in the morning, but do use the pressed powder for shine touch-ups throughout the day. I definitely prefer the loose powder. Loose gives a less cakey finish in my opinion but it isn't very convenient to use during the day for shine blotting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I use loose powder to absorb excess grease from my moisturizer after I apply my makeup. I would use pressed powder more for coverage.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I really like loose powder and in particular, Cle de Peau, because it still makes your skin look natural.

I have the pressed powder and I find that is to be used for touch up. I don't think I like Cle de Peau pressed powder as much but I love the compact. It looks classy.
guru
5% products discount

Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use loose powder at home, and carry a pressed powder compact for a midday touchup.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody for answering my question and sharing Very Happy

I have one more question. What do you recommend for loose powder?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Jira wrote:
Thanks everybody for answering my question and sharing Very Happy

I have one more question. What do you recommend for loose powder?

For loose powder, I prefer something very light, airy and finely dusted. I find it gives a much more natural finish.

I'd recommend any of the following:
Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
By Terry Translucent Powder
Dr Hauschka Translucent Powder
Jurlique Silk Dust
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm having great success right now with Monave loose powder. It's wonderful for covering spider veins and other skin discolorations without looking cakey or heavily madeup. I have probably tried over 10 different MMU lines to date.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
i use the ecco bella pressed powder and love it. it doesn't break me out cause it's pretty natural and is not heavy. you can layer it on for more coverage though.

i have loose powder too but they are just too messy and more time consuming for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I really like loose powder and in particular, Cle de Peau, because it still makes your skin look natural.

I have the pressed powder and I find that is to be used for touch up. I don't think I like Cle de Peau pressed powder as much but I love the compact. It looks classy.

Where do you buy cle de peau? Is it available in any department store? Thanks in advance.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
For loose powder, I recommend Laura Mercier. It's really great of Matt.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
angel06 wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Where do you buy cle de peau? Is it available in any department store? Thanks in advance.

In Toronto, there is two places I know of and with one of the stores, I can't remember the name. As for the other, I don't know the correct spelling right now. It's called Dellition.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
angel06 wrote:
Skincare wrote:

In Toronto, there is two places I know of and with one of the stores, I can't remember the name. As for the other, I don't know the correct spelling right now. It's called
dellition.

Thanks skincare. I live in US though, is there any department store that sells this and i can order online? Thanks.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe Saks or one of those retail stores.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Last I checked, Cle de Peau was at Saks and Neiman Marcus. It's one of Shiseido's "luxe" lines and Stephane Marais famously was in charge of the make-up.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I use loose powder after foundation, and bring pressed powder outside for touch up. Both Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier are good.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use loose powder after putting on sun screen. Laura Mercier so far is the best!
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think loose powder gives a better finish, but for convenience I often used pressed powder...it's portable and I don't end up with powder everywhere. I use JI.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
fletch_lives_on wrote:
I think loose powder gives a better finish, but for convenience I often used pressed powder...it's portable and I don't end up with powder everywhere. I use JI.

What is JI Question Doubt
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |