Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)
How do you apply sunscreen/sunblock without ruining manicure
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
madelie
5% products discount

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I tried doing a search to see if this topic has been covered but I couldn't find anything.

Whenever I'm applying my sunscreen (Bioderma's AKN spray), it always gets all over my fingernails ...

Any tips/tricks for how to prevent this?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Try dabbing a cuticle oil all over your nails, apply your SS and let dry, then take a washcloth and rub the excess cuticle oil off.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I apply a few pumps of camellia oil to my fingertips and massage well prior to applying sun protection. Then I can just wipe my hands after application to remove any residue.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
What is the sunscreen doing to your manicure? I always apply sunscreen with bare hands and it has never damaged my manicure - But I usually get the pink & white gel nails maybe this is why?

5% products discount

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
yeah I am curious also. what is the sunscreen doing to your manicure?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Count me in for curious! Also, are you using a physical or chemical sunscreen? If the latter, I wonder if chemical sunscreens interact with some component of nail polish? Very curious about this now!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz)