Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
:: Review :: Ahava Mineral Eye Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had a samples of this product long time ago and didn't like it...but this summer my friend brought a few Ahava creams for me from Israel, one of them was Ahava Mineral Eye Cream. My skin around eyes usually feels dry. I used it at night for the first time and liked the texture of the cream, when I apply it it gives a cooling sensation, it absorbs very quickly without leaving oily sticky feeling. The smell is also nice, not too strong. My eyes really like the cream, especially after long late hours working on computer, it is nice to put cream to calm skin around eyes. This cream smooths, refreshes and softens skin texture. It is a good moisturizer, but I can't say it does something in terms of reducing bags and dark circles. I am using it for almost two months and very happy with it. I will give an update in a few months and let you know if this product is moisturizing enough for winter.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isostearyl Isostearate, Glycerin, Sea Sal & Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calendula Officianlis Flower Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus (Butcher's Broom) Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Saccharide Isomerate, Bisabolol, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance (Parfume), Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Ahava Mineral Eye Cream (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ahava Mineral Eye Cream (30 ml / 1 floz)

This exceptional cream delivers rich moisture to the delicate skin around the eye. Based on an all-natural blend of botanical essences, selected vitamins and Dead Sea minerals, it absorbs rapidly, softening the skin for a visibly younger appearance. Apply a small amount to the outer eye, morning and night, after cleansing with Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover.

Replaced by {{13380}}.

havana8

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lara! Just wondering how the eye cream has been working out for you? Are you still using it and do you still like it? TIA!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Hi Lara! Just wondering how the eye cream has been working out for you? Are you still using it and do you still like it? TIA!

Hi havana8, I still like it and I use it every day. The weather is changing in Canada, it is getting colder and I think this cream will not be enough for me...last night I came home late and it was cold outside, so I felt that my skin around the eyes need more moisturizer. I usually just put a little jojoba oil on my face and eye area on the top of regular moisturizer and eye cream before I go outside during a winter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you that the weather is changing and it is windy right now. I find that Cellcosmet eye contour works for me so far.

I'm still on my first original purchase and it must be over a year now.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I agree with you that the weather is changing and it is windy right now. I find that Cellcosmet eye contour works for me so far.

The Cellcosmet can last you for a whole year?!? The stuff seems quite expensive, but I might bite the bullet if its gonna last that long, that's about the same I would have spent on eye creams in a year.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Skincare wrote:

The Cellcosmet can last you for a whole year?!? The stuff seems quite expensive, but I might bite the bullet if its gonna last that long, that's about the same I would have spent on eye creams in a year.

I lightly pat it on and sometimes on my eyelids, when needed. If there is any left on my finger, I usually rub it onto my lips and my lips feel soft and plump.
EDS staff told me to be sure that I pat on the eye cream and apply very lightly. I have been doing this and I try to apply less in the summer but at night it would be half a pump and again, if by accident I pressed a full pump, I put the rest on my lips and a certain spot on my neck. Then I use Ultra Vital or right now I decided to use up my sample of Concentrate day and night, and I would pat that on to my face and neck. I guess I should also apply it to my chest and for sure one jar would not last three months.

Did you know that one jar of Ultra Vital last me 6 months during the warm season? In the winter, not as long. Sad

Your comment on that is what you spend in one year, I know what you mean. And I think this is the debate to spend on Cellcosmet or not. It is expensive and the formulation is highly concentrated. My doctor told me that less is more and I've read that layering is better than buying one product that can deal with dark circles, moisturize, deal with puffiness and so on. My doctor also said that it is best to deal with your direct skin issue and just have the basic skincare products. I personally believe that it is worth spending more on skin care products because of the care that those scientist take to experiment and see what works or not. Even though that particular product is not the miracle cream.

How long does a sample of eye contour last you? I think it lasted three months for me.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

Cellcosmet is one of my favorite creams after Valmont. But for me Cellcosmet eye cream bottle is enough for 3 months, maximum 4. I use it 3-4 times per day, because my skin around eyes is very dry, and I definitely use a full pump. It is expensive product, but it worth the price. I only wish the bottle of Cellcosmet could also last for over a year for me! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I am so sorry Lara1. Your skin must be very dry. Is your intake on salt very high? Do you take enough omega in your diet? Maybe that will help. If not, maybe see a dermatologist. I don't want you to age faster.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skincare for your reply.

A 15ml bottle usually lasts me about 3-4 month depends on the texture of the cream. I only apply twice a day but I tend to apply more than what I need or should - I guess the problem is if I find one eye cream is not exactly working on me I tend to use it more so I can move onto the next one faster Razz

At the time being, I am using the cheap drugstore brand Neutrogena deep wrinkle serum on my eyes. It claims having Retinol but I think it must be the weakest form since I didn't see any irritations when I used on my eye area. However, I do think I see some expression lines are softened after two weeks of use. For daytime I would put on newly purchased Dr.Dense's eyerestore cream. I don't quite like the texture - the silicone based cream leaves residue in my eyelids creases (again maybe because I just applied too much).
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think, iaimei, that Neutrogena is getting good reviews. You could say that I am being selfish and responsible for spending so much on an eye cream. I figured now that I am older, (but don't feel that way)I am entitled to spend more on an eye cream.

I'm glad to see that we use a sample up within the same time range.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Oh, I am so sorry Lara1. Your skin must be very dry. Is your intake on salt very high? Do you take enough omega in your diet? Maybe that will help. If not, maybe see a dermatologist. I don't want you to age faster.

I do like salt and add extra to my food, but I drink a lot of water and my diet with exception of salt intake is very healthy. I take vitamines and omega supplements. My skin usually gets dryer during a winter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking for the best eye cream for a long time. I have used Cellcosmet Contour Eye Cream before. It was too expensive and stopped using it. I should try it again.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update you on Ahava eye cream. I took a break from this product for a few months and started to use it last week again. It moisturising well for a first half an hour, but it is not oily enough for my skin and I have to add some other eye cream on the top.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I have this sample too, 2ml. But I have not tried it yet. I used a lot of other ahava products, just like hand cream and foot cream, but they really made me feel so disappointed. Is there anyone really think it is worth to try? I do not want to try lots of products onto my eyes, since this is a so fragile place.....
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your very informative review. Quite helpful~
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I quite like AHAVA Body Care Products. Dead Sea Mineral Mud great. Mineral Eye Cream is too light .
vivian zhou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
it's my favourite too.It's not good for treat dark circles, but it's good enough for prevent first wrinkle. The texture of this cream is light, but it can make my skin around eyes feels moistening all day long. I will keep using it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |