Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Epionce
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:16 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Well my Dr T book had finally arrived, Boy Bethany, youve done brilliantly in your review.
Its very much aimed at the professional, and very comprehensive I have just skimmed it though.

I will start reading properly! But it has been enough for me to decide to order his renewal cream and the melanocyte tx .

I think they should incorporate ok into what Im using anyway.

He seems to agree with Dr Pickarts theory regarding moisturiser function and why most out there are useless or even bad for your skin barrier. Really interesting, also just because your skin is hydrated does not mean that your skin barrier is uncompromised!

I would recommend that you take your time reading it....I got totally overloaded toward the end and just glazed over with info. Embarassed I am now going to start slowly rereading, and I am sure I will find plenty that I missed the first time.

Btw, I saw somewhere that you asked me a question about inflammation right after rolling...I'll send you a pm tomorrow on that.

All, do you think we should start a separate thread on the book? I assume there may be questions about how other products meet his criteria, and I would prefer to keep this one focused on Epionce. Please let me know what you think!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:44 am      Reply with quote
FYI that I am going to either email or call Epionce this week with some product questions. If anyone has anything they would like me to ask, please let me know.

Questions on my list:

1. Do the Renewal products have the same 3:1:1 ratio as the Medical Barrier Cream?
2. Can you apply the Melanolyte over the Lytic, or do they have to be used at opposite ends of the day?
3. Is the Melanolyte Pro mask used primarily for exfoliation purposes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 am      Reply with quote
yes thats a great idea!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:30 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
yes thats a great idea!

I'll start a new thread with my review, and we can add on from there.

Eta: you beat me to it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick one Bethany from me,

How to incorporate Vit C and A when using the lytic products.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:32 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Just a quick one Bethany from me,

How to incorporate Vit C and A when using the lytic products.

TIA

Ok!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

I have just purchased a tube of Medical Barrier Cream and wonder if I should apply it on my facial skin from the day I roll till the 5th day.

Is restoring the skin barrier equal to arrest the process of inflammation?

Usually, I put actives of anti-inflammation on my skin from the 5th day, like the first generation copper peptides.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
FYI that I am going to either email or call Epionce this week with some product questions. If anyone has anything they would like me to ask, please let me know.

Questions on my list:

1. Do the Renewal products have the same 3:1:1 ratio as the Medical Barrier Cream?
2. Can you apply the Melanolyte over the Lytic, or do they have to be used at opposite ends of the day?
3. Is the Melanolyte Pro mask used primarily for exfoliation purposes?

I would also like to know how to incorporate Retin A into Epionce routine.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Bethany,

I have just purchased a tube of Medical Barrier Cream and wonder if I should apply it on my facial skin from the day I roll till the 5th day.

Is restoring the skin barrier equal to arrest the process of inflammation?

Usually, I put actives of anti-inflammation on my skin from the 5th day, like the first generation copper peptides.

Summer, there are some anti-inflammatories in the Medical Barrier cream, but I would not worry about that. I recently read some research showing that creams applied immediately after an injury resulted in much better collagen development (vs no cream), so I am not so certain on the need to extend the inflammation period anymore.

I say go ahead and apply the MBC after you apply any other actives right from day 1.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I've been communicating with a skincare professional (don't know all her credentials) who works in Dr. Thornfeldt's organization (medical expert on inflammation).

I asked her for advice on achieving the optimal balance between irritation which is conducive to skin rejuvenation and irration which turns into counterproductive inflammation.

In her response, she has referred to Epionce products which I expected since that is the company they are affiliated with - so I am planning to either use Epionce products or possibly look for similar formulations.

I find this information helpful, so I have decided to share it:

"We generally suggest using an Epionce Renewal product with retinoid use. The Renewal formulations have two distinct functions: to help calm inflammatory factors (that contribute to chronic inflammation) and to help build and strengthen the skin barrier. The retinoid encourages cell renewal by exfoliation, which induces an inflammatory response, but using the Renewal will help calm the process. So, think of the retinoid as a type of “mini chemical peel.” Generally, we suggest alternating Lytic use with retinoid use; for example – use the retinoid at night in place of Lytic; use the Lytic in the morning instead of the retinoid. Using a Lytic and retinoid at the same time might be too irritating for the skin.

L-Ascorbic acid would be applied in the same way, alternating application times. I suggest applying the vitamin C in the morning, and the Lytic at night time, followed by a Renewal product both AM and PM."

Hope this is helpful, BF

I guess this post from 2009 answers my question about Retin A!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I guess this post from 2009 answers my question about Retin A!

Correct...I read that and posted it earlier in the Epionce thread. But I will ask anyway and see if I get a different answer. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany, which Epionce products do you plan to re-purchase?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
bethany, which Epionce products do you plan to re-purchase?

Hmmm...very good question. Let me think on that a bit and I will get back to you, as I am trying to balance true benefit vs cost.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:37 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
......I recently read some research showing that creams applied immediately after an injury resulted in much better collagen development (vs no cream), so I am not so certain on the need to extend the inflammation period anymore.

I say go ahead and apply the MBC after you apply any other actives right from day 1.

Thanks Bethany; if so, I would put MBC on top of GHK Serum then.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
bethany wrote:
......I recently read some research showing that creams applied immediately after an injury resulted in much better collagen development (vs no cream), so I am not so certain on the need to extend the inflammation period anymore.

Thanks Bethany; if so, I would put MBC on top of GHK Serum then.

Correct, or use it by itself since Dr. S recommended copper peptides at day 5 (unless you happen to use them daily).

5% products discount

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Australia and it appears that Epionce products can't be shipped here, and they don't have Epionce experts in Australian unfortunately.

I did find the Epionce Medical Barrier Cream on a site similar to amazon that we have here, and I've ordered it, but the price is $117!!!

Since I am interested in other products by Epionce, I found a UK site that sells the entire line. They say they can ship to Australia, but for example, the Epionce Medical Barrier Cream would be approx $85 Australian dollars when converted from British pounds, plus shipping (up to weight capacity of 2000 grams) is an additional $51 Australian dollars, and that's without the tracking option Shock

Sigh. I guess when I repair my barrier more with the Medical Barrier Cream i'll buy the lytic (spelling?) gel for my acne.

Ok rant over lol.

*dream*
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
*dream* wrote:
I'm in Australia and it appears that Epionce products can't be shipped here, and they don't have Epionce experts in Australian unfortunately.

I did find the Epionce Medical Barrier Cream on a site similar to amazon that we have here, and I've ordered it, but the price is $117!!!

Since I am interested in other products by Epionce, I found a UK site that sells the entire line. They say they can ship to Australia, but for example, the Epionce Medical Barrier Cream would be approx $85 Australian dollars when converted from British pounds, plus shipping (up to weight capacity of 2000 grams) is an additional $51 Australian dollars, and that's without the tracking option Shock

Sigh. I guess when I repair my barrier more with the Medical Barrier Cream i'll buy the lytic (spelling?) gel for my acne.

Ok rant over lol.

*dream*

What about eBay? I can put you in touch with someone that sells via eBay, and the only markup should be the currency conversion via PayPal. PM me if you want the contact info.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:49 am      Reply with quote
There have to be less expensive products out there that contain the 3 magic ingredients, which in and of themselves don't appear to be expensive. Researchers price their own products in a way to recover their R&D costs. Generic products don't have this issue.

I am still looking, but feel free to let us know if you also find any.

BFG
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
There have to be less expensive products out there that contain the 3 magic ingredients, which in and of themselves don't appear to be expensive. Researchers price their own products in a way to recover their R&D costs. Generic products don't have this issue.

BFG

I have no doubts that there are cheaper products that contain good ingredients in right proportions, but how can I, as a consumer, evaluate those products to be sure that they do?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

That is in part why we started the book thread...so we can discuss any products that meet those recommendations over there. That way we can stay on topic regarding the Epionce products here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I have just received my melanocyte tx, the melano pro mask and the renewal cream.

I put on a small amount of the melanocyte and a little goes a long way! It feels a little prickly, but no redness or anything- fine!

After about 10 mins I put on my matrix gel(NCN) oh a sample of her skin tightening elixir !!!
Fine
Then 10 mins later Ive put on the renewal cream again a lot goes a loong way.What lovely cream, I have dry sometimes flaky sometimes tight skin but this feels lovely, seems to soak in but also leaves a lovely hydrated feel to my face.

I like it, if it does do what it "says on the tin" this will definitely be a keeper.
But as we all know only time will tell, so far so good!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Sylvia, did you get the renewal cream or the lotion? I know you said cream, but I just wanted to make sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:19 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
*dream* wrote:

Ok rant over lol.

*dream*

What about eBay? I can put you in touch with someone that sells via eBay, and the only markup should be the currency conversion via PayPal. PM me if you want the contact info.

All, I am getting a number of PM's for this info, so I went through my Paypal receipts and found the email address.

I will email them right now and see if they will ship to Australia so that you don't all have to do it individually. I'll keep you posted!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

It was the renewal cream I got, but I do have rather dry skin with a tendency to sensitivity and can get tight and flaky. So I went for the cream rather than the lotion.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

I think there might be patent issues preventing others from using the optimal ration of those three ingredients.

Take a look at the Epionce Patents. I am guessing that patent #5,643,899 is the one covering the barrier repair products.

http://www.epionce.com/about/dr-carl/patents/

Epiceram also lists this patent #5,643,899(amongst others which would appear to be for the delivery system but I haven't researched those patents to say for sure) and if you read up on Epiceram you will see that it does have the optimal ratio of lipids.

http://www.epiceram-us.com/physician.html

Easiest way to find the patent numbers seems to be to look at the prescribing information.

http://www.epiceram-us.com/prescribing_information.html

The now discontinued Osmotics TriCeram had this patented lipid ratio mix and I believe that the SkinMedica Ceratopic had it too. Some of the other Osmotics products may have had this patented mix but I am not sure. I am also not sure if the SkinMedica Ceratopic now has the patented mix.

I believe that this patent #5,643,899 expires in 2014.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |