Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Epionce
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:

I think hydration is very underrated. You can't have smooth, glowing skin if your skin is dry. And dry skin is more susceptible to wrinkling. From my experience finally getting my skin hydrated made all the difference.

I definitely agree with this. It makes a huge difference in how ones skin looks.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I also had a ton of flaking from one of the Epionce products. I was using the Renewal Facial Cream. I stopped using that as I was not sure a product designed for dry/sensitive skin should do that!

rileygirl, after reading this ^^ and then seeing the pic/link bethany provided earlier of how the Renewal
Facial Cream (I think it was)
penetrated deep into the skin as compared to a drugstore-brand-moisturizer that *sat*
on skin, almost makes me realize why skin flakes from using it. ITA, maybe a little
too *invasive* for dry/sensitive skin, imo.
part of their delivery-system?

bethany, i've been reading your posts/updates here. so super!
thank-you!

also, totally agree: *hydration* is key
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:01 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
What is the difference between the Epionce Medical Barrier Cream ($46) and the Epionce Intense Defense Serum ($136) in terms of barrier repair? Can the latter be used right after an aggressive procedure? The IDS seems to be their star product, but it would be good to know if it is worth the $$$.

They are both good for oily skin types.
I am wondering if using Renewal Lite Facial Lotion ($94) would be even better for someone with oily skin.

Thank you!

RS,

Epionce has 6 groups of products - I put a summary by each one:
- Cleanse & Prepare (cleansers, toners)
- Correct & Boost (acne, texture, pigmentation, wrinkles)
- Renew & Fortify (barrier repair, hydration, antioxidant)
- Protect & Prevent (sunscreen)
- Post Treatment Care (barrier repair for sensitized skin)
- Professional Use (peels)

I think the Intense Defense Serum is more of an adjunct to the other Renew & Fortify barrier repair products, based on reading the Epionce blogs. They just came out with this, and I am not sure if it can be used after an aggressive procedure...I may call and ask because I am curious as well.
Quote:

This highly advanced anti-aging serum stimulates skin rejuvenation to help reverse fine lines, wrinkles, roughness and uneven skin tone while improving firmness, elasticity and texture. In only 1 week fine lines & wrinkles were visibly improved 94% better than leading anti-aging physician-strength serums.

Quote:
Part of the “Renew & Fortify” category of the Epionce product line, the Intense Defense Serum enhances the protective antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity in the skin. While it is designed for anti-aging, the ingredients in the Intense Defense Serum also help to minimize the signs of rosacea, acne, or unwanted pigmentation spots. The Intense Defense Serum will help to enhance the results you are experiencing with Lytic or MelanoLyte products. Apply the Lytic or MelanoLyte product first, then apply the Intense Defense Serum. You can also alternate application. For example, apply the Intense Defense in the morning and a “Correct & Boost” product before bed. Of course any of these products should be used with a Renewal facial product for your skin type as well!

For barrier repair on day to bay basis, the Renewal products are the best option...The Renewal Lite Lotion probably just has some lipids removed since it is for oily/combo skin. I haven't tried this, but plan on it in the future.
Quote:
Renew & Fortify products deeply penetrate through the skin barrier to reach targeted cells to strengthen, repair and fortify the skin. Daily use helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation while strengthening the skin barrier and reducing inflammatory factors. The result is smoother, softer, hydrated skin that functions at its optimum.

The Medical Barrier Cream appears to be more focused on post-procedure skin (or ongoing compromised barriers). This is lighter than I expected, but I am not sure it is the best option for daily usage for oily skins. But definitely a good option for people using the ReAura.
Quote:
Optimal hydration for dry, scaly rough skin that is compromised from skin conditions or resurfacing procedures. Formulated without topical sensitizers, making it ideal for atopic skin. Improves barrier function. Apply daily as needed.

The Lytic products are part of the “Correct & Boost” aspect of the line, and help unclog pores, reduce redness and smooth out skin texture. But they do not really appear to correct the skin barrier as the Renewal products do. There are 3 basic strengths - the Lite, the regular, and the Plus. The Sport has about the same strength as the Plus, but less lipids for super oily skin or humid climates. FYI that these are strong stuff...I actually got a rash on my neck when I put the regular strength on my neck by mistake. Embarassed However, my BIL has had zero irritation from the Plus, so I guess it just depends on your level of sensitivity.

BTW, there is a clinical study on the Lytics being used on eye wrinkles, which I thought was very interesting.
https://www.epionce.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/3_ClinicalStudy_EpionceReducesPeriocularWrinkles.pdf

Link to all 12 clinical studies:
https://www.epionce.com/resources/

FYI that all this info is slightly spread out over the Epionce web page (I have read all the blog posts, clinicals, etc.) but the best summarized listing of the product purpose/benefits I found was this product catalog, and it contains info that was not elsewhere on the website:

http://www.epionce.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ProductCatalogue-2013.pdf

HTH!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
bethany wrote:
I mentioned on a microcurrent thread that perhaps my fast results could be attributed to increased hydration since I started using Epionce...

I think hydration is very underrated. You can't have smooth, glowing skin if your skin is dry. And dry skin is more susceptible to wrinkling. From my experience finally getting my skin hydrated made all the difference.

I totally agree. And your skin can't stay hydrated if the barrier is compromised.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
bethany, i've been reading your posts/updates here. so super!
thank-you!

You are very welcome! I have been reading up a storm on this line as of late, so I am glad the info has been helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I have just ordered the Epionce Skin Barrier Repair Kit ($30). Let's see if the Medical Barrier cream will be a nice addition to the Lifeline Night Serum.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:41 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have just ordered the Epionce Skin Barrier Repair Kit ($30). Let's see if the Medical Barrier cream will be a nice addition to the Lifeline Night Serum.

Let me know what you think of their Milky Cleanser...I haven't tried any of the cleansers or toners.

FYI on the Ultra SPF 50 sunscreen...it doesn't look pasty, and it is fairly lightweight. I probably like it a little better than the EltaMd. I also like that it has the anti-inflammatory aspect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I discovered today there is a site called DermTube with videos of skin researchers presenting their research, etc.

Some on barrier repair, when I get time, I hope to watch them.

BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I discovered today there is a site called DermTube with videos of skin researchers presenting their research, etc.

Some on barrier repair, when I get time, I hope to watch them.

BFG

Please let me know if there are any that are especially good. If so, we should start another thread as to not detract from this thread topic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh...I just started ReAura treatments tonight, and feel like my face is on FIRE. Typically I would not squelch inflammation prior to the first 24 hours, but I am trying something different this time. I am going to try killing the inflammation right out of the gate....we'll see how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Just found this AWESOME article by Dr. T on hyperpigmentation...how it develops, and the best way to treat each type.

Hyperpigmentation Disorders & Treatment Options

http://www.epionce.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/08.2011-Dermascope-Hyperpigmentation-Disorders-and-Treatment-Options.pdf

The pics motivated me to look into getting another Visia analysis this week, and that will help me gauge any future improvement from all these treatment options I am using (ReAura, Epionce, Lytera).

5% products discount

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all Smile

I'm new here, though I have read through some of the different threads intermittently over the last year.

I am very interested in the products by Epionce (I stumbled across this thread by chance).

I have a very compromised skin barrier, and the last six months has been hell for me. So much so that I have rarely participated socially in any event.

Also would like to thank you Bethany. I have been reading the different LED Threads and some dermarolling threads, and find your input very informative.

Kindest regards,

Dream
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Dream, I am very glad I have been able to help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh...I just have to say that I am not in love with the Intensive Nourishing Cream.

It is so thick it is like spackle, and I am just over it. I am now mixing it with a little Environ toner to make it spread more easily. At this point I am not sure if I will repurchase or go for a lighter Renewal product even though they have less functionality.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Ugh...I just have to say that I am not in love with the Intensive Nourishing Cream.

It is so thick it is like spackle, and I am just over it. I am now mixing it with a little Environ toner to make it spread more easily. At this point I am not sure if I will repurchase or go for a lighter Renewal product even though they have less functionality.

I have no experience with the Epionce line yet, but I have used other thick/greasy products, such as the Michael Todd Organic rose damascus cream. What I found useful was only using them once or twice a week, either as a mask or overnight treatment. Perhaps you could use it this way whilst regularly using the product with 'less functionality'?

I'm sure you guys here have more expertise with skin and skin care, but that's my two cents Very Happy

*dream*
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Dream - great idea! It really is a nice product, but I just prefer something lighter. But someone in a less humid area or that has super dry skin would probably love it.

I am also going to try using less....maybe I have been a little too generous when putting it on, and that might be why I feel goopy for a longer period of time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:04 am      Reply with quote
I have ordered DR Thornfeldt's book , it should get here sometime within the week.

I ordered it as I would really like to know more on his ideas relating to the skin barrier, it may well change my rolling protocol.
I dont want to buy any more products unless totally necessary!

When it arrives I will let you all know what it says( well a little précis!!)

Thank you Bethany for letting us know about his book Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:13 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5, I hope you the book delivers! I read the sample of pages on Amazon. One can use "Surprise me" button to show you random pages from the book. He cites a lot of studies!

P.S.: one can read a lot of pages that way!

10Sylvia5 wrote:
I have ordered DR Thornfeldt's book , it should get here sometime within the week.

I ordered it as I would really like to know more on his ideas relating to the skin barrier, it may well change my rolling protocol.
I dont want to buy any more products unless totally necessary!

When it arrives I will let you all know what it says( well a little précis!!)

Thank you Bethany for letting us know about his book Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I have just learned from his book that one has to apply 2 layers of sunscreen (SPF30). The 2nd layer should be applied 30 minutes after the 1st one Shock

And zinc oxide and homesalate are the safest suncreen ingredients. Although they may cause comedo formation.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Dr Thornfeldt also says that increased hydration does not correlate with increased barrier function: your moisturizer must include barrier repairing and optimizing ingredients.

Now it makes sense why using a HA moisturizing serum is not enough. A moisturizer must have the 3 key barrier lipids that bethany mentioned above.

One more important note is that, according to Dr T, visible reversal of aging skin is not possible if the skin is constantly inflammed and the skin barrier is disrupted. That explains why using only Vitamin C and Retin A is not enough.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for updates 10Sylivia5 and RS!

FYI for those that want to read as much as you can for free, here are some links...I have personally read everything available Embarassed except the book and will now check out the Amazon sneak peak version per RS's great tip!

Clinical Trials:

Published Articles:
http://www.epionce.com/about/dr-carl/recent-articles/

Amazon link
http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Ideal-Skin-Health/dp/1932633693#reader_1932633693

Webinars - Supposedly you can hear the audio, but I have not been able to play them on my pc or my ipad:
https://www.epionce.com/resources/education/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
So after skimming some pages, I think it is fair to say that there will be some info of interest to us here on EDS, but there will also be a lot that will not be relevant to us as consumers. That's because a lot of it pertains to job descriptions, and how his learnings can best be implemented within a practice.

But I did see some interesting info on various actives (Copper, DHEA, etc.) and well as perspectives on nanoparticles, sunscreen ingredients, etc.

I really do think he is ahead of the game from a dermatology practice. Just take a look at his patent list....scary!
http://www.epionce.com/about/dr-carl/patents/

BTW, you can't make an appt to see him even if you live in his area. He is a referral only clinical dermatologist. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
FYI that you might want to use the book search feature...I searched for inflammation, and found lots of cool info.

He addresses how to REVERSE skin aging, but says that a number of things must be addressed in tandem...and of course those pages were blocked, darn it! I may have to buy this, sigh.

Eta:

Wow...retinols and other reactive ingredients should not be manufactured more than 8-12 months before they are used. (That is consistent with the Environ C-Quence manufacturing criteria)

As RS says, he cites a LOT of studies, so this is not just an opinion based book.

He covers devices too, and the best way to do certain treatments.

I'm sold...I will reading this on my iPad this weekend. (I just downloaded it).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
FYI...I skipped Chapter 1 (job roles) and just read Chapter 2 - Skin Health. Definitely a very good read, and my personal take away is that most OTC and DIY products probably aren't working in our favor.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Clinical Trials:

Published Articles:
http://www.epionce.com/about/dr-carl/recent-articles/

Amazon link
http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Ideal-Skin-Health/dp/1932633693#reader_1932633693

Webinars - Supposedly you can hear the audio, but I have not been able to play them on my pc or my ipad:
https://www.epionce.com/resources/education/

I have already covered that. Please let us know if there is anything new/useful in the book!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |