Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Yes to Carrots!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mine too. I got the hair mask and body butter to try. They gave me a bag of samples of the night cream and one other thing.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks LisaAnn, i am thinking about stopping by to get some today.

Kris

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
wow, never thought that carrots can do so much wonders for the hair. But there's no walgreen or HSN in Asia Neutral
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
They also have a hair mud mask... I wonder what it does.

Ok so I did not get the body butter the other day (?) I got the hair mask and the Exfoliating and Soothing Mask for Dry to Sensitive Skin. I used both today and will review both.

The mask rocks!! I loved it. You apply a small amount to your face, avoiding the eye area, and it dries in about 5 minutes. It is a smooth, creamy mask that has a pleasant but not overpowering smell. In 5 minutes you rinse it off and man is your skin soft and glowing!! I love this. This may work out for me since lots of exfoliating masks are just too harsh for me. It contains Dead Sea Mud, Sea Water, Spring Water, Carrot Juice, Pumpkin Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide, Glycerin, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Chamomile Oil, Avocado Oil, Almond Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Fragrance, Rosemary Extract, Niacin, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Propolis extract, Vitamin E, Imidazolidinyl Urea. Love it!!

The Hair & Scalp Mud Mask is very nice also. You put it on towel dried hair for 12 - 25 minutes (depending on the dryness of your hair). I left it on for 25 minutes today and rinsed in the shower. It left my hair feeling soft but not oily. I was a little surprised that it did not feel really moisturized when I rinsed it but as it dried it left my hair soft and not coated. Does that make sense? Some conditioners feel slippery on your hair afterwards and I guess I was expecting that. This is very nice and the smell is again, pleasant and not over powering. The ingredients for it are: Spring Water, Dead Sea Water, Dead See Mud, Olive, Almond, Jojoba, Macadamia Oils, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Niacin, Dimethicone, Algae Extracts, Sweet Potatoe, Pumpkin and Carrot Seed Extract, Carrot Juice, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Chamomile Extract, Orange Juice, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Frangrance, Cinnamon Oil, Apple Vinegar and Rosemary Extract.

The texture is creamy and I put a generous scoop on my hair, working from scalp to ends. I have very thick, curly (frizzy depending on humidity) and highlighted hair. It needs all the moisture it can get.

I tried the night cream sample and the body butter sample. Like both but not sure I will purchase, just yet. However, our Walgreens has a set of full size products for $19.99 that includes
Eye Can C Clearly Now:
Eye Contour Cream 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml.
C Through the Dry Spell:
Deliciously Rich Body Butter 8.45 fl oz / 250 ml.
C Today or C You in the Morning:
Moisturizing Day Cream 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml.

Compressed T-Shirt!Large, Made from 100% cotton.

All for $19.99 and I think I may go get a couple for Christmas gifts and one for myself.

They also have the Incredible 8 Set for $39.99 and it contains

C Today or C you in the morning:
Moisturizing Day Cream 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml.
C Through the Night:
Night Moisturizing Cream 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml.
Eye Can C Clearly Now:
Eye Contour Cream 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml.
C the Difference:
Exfoliating and Soothing Mud Mask 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml.
C a Softer You:
Hand and Elbow Moisturizing Cream 6.76 fl oz / 200 ml.
C Through the Dry Spell:
Deliciously Rich Body Butter 8.45 fl oz / 250 ml.
C is for Clean:
Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser 3.38 fl oz / 100 ml.
Eye and Face Makeup Remover 8.45 fl oz / 250 ml.

Hmm decisions, decisions....

Deb
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review on the facial mask, that shall be next on my list!

I got the hair mask also and sat under my heating cap for about 20 mins. My hair loves this stuff, it's nice and soft and shiny the next day and I really love the smell. I have thick, naturally curly hair btw.

I predict in a couple of weeks I will have every thing in this product line Very Happy
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I strolled over to Walgreens today because I wanted to buy the set that has 8 things in it but they didn't have any Sad. SO I just went ahead and bought the night cream. Will update in a few days Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the special kit with the body butter, eye cream and day cream with the free t-shirt while I was on vacation up north. They smell heavenly and to me are very light feeling, they don't leave a greasy feel on my face at all. I am not sure if they will do anything for wrinkles, etc., but I think they are really nice products and worth a try.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
I strolled over to Walgreens today because I wanted to buy the set that has 8 things in it but they didn't have any Sad. SO I just went ahead and bought the night cream. Will update in a few days Smile

You can order it online at walgreen's website. They are sold out of the $19 one but still have the other one.
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
For those who've tried the cleanser, what's ur skin by nature? Can i know if the cleanser helps with acne-prone, congested n sensitive skin? I've tried the body butter and like it so far.. Thanks!
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is normal to dry but a bit sensitive. I have no idea if you could use it for acne prone skin. There is an exfoliating cleanser and a cleansing lotion, the exfoliating cleanser cannot be used around the eyes, obviously, but the lotion can.

I got the 8 piece set the other night. I also love the body butter, it makes your skin so soft. Seriously, my legs are like snake skin...blech.. this makes them feel very soft. I have started using the day and night cream and like both. I have not really tried the eye contour cream since I use one from a home based spa that I really like.

All in all, I like all the products I have tried.

Deb
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Ah.. Normal to dry.. i'm sort of normal-oily.. i didn't see on the labels that says that which cleanser is more suitable.. i thought there's only 1 cleanser and the other make up remover? there's actually 2 type of cleanser?
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Well I was calling the make up removed a cleanser, as well. Very Happy

My Walgreen's has samples of the Yes to Carrots line, maybe you can get a couple of samples?

Deb
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
it's ok... i stay in australia.. =) i'll get the peeing cleanser maybe since it has some sort of exfoliation but we can use it daily right?
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
alimwj wrote:
i'll get the peeing cleanser

What kind of cleanser??? I am not sure what you mean.... Smile

The exfoliating one is very gentle and sort of creamy, I would imagine it is ok to use every day.

Deb
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
ah.. i see.. ok then.. i can consider..
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
alimwj wrote:
i'll get the peeing cleanser

What kind of cleanser??? I am not sure what you mean.... Smile

The exfoliating one is very gentle and sort of creamy, I would imagine it is ok to use every day.

Deb

This is the cleanser I initially reviewed. You can use it every day, and I think it's good for acne prone skin. I only use it once a week before a salicyclic acid peel, though.
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks! i'll try to find it in the store here.. =)
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
So it's been a week and I've been using the night cream day and night and I like it because it hasn't broken me out! That's the biggest obstacle for me. It's a thick orange colored cream and it's moisturizing enough for me as the cold weather rolls in. *BUT* I added niacinamide to my pot almost immediately because it is the only thing that I've ever used that I can pinpoint as really truly helping my skin (preventing more zits and healing red marks faster than anything I've ever tried). The night cream is a little pricey to be using as a base cream so I'll probably only repurchase if I can get my hands on one of those gift packs. Not crazy about the scent either but it's not that bad Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
katharina wrote:
wow, never thought that carrots can do so much wonders for the hair. But there's no walgreen or HSN in Asia Neutral

katharina - don't know where you are located, but I saw this Yes to Carrots line just yesterday at Seibu in Hong Kong (Pacific Place). I didn't check, but I'd guess the prices would be higher than the US.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! I'm always on the lookout for great conditioners that I can rotate with my HG - I stopped by Walgreens yesterday, however and couldn't find it. Is this line carried at all Walgreens, or only available in certain test markets? I live in SoCal, I think we ARE a test market Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Thanks for the review! I'm always on the lookout for great conditioners that I can rotate with my HG - I stopped by Walgreens yesterday, however and couldn't find it. Is this line carried at all Walgreens, or only available in certain test markets? I live in SoCal, I think we ARE a test market Laughing

Hi athena. I think Yes to Carrots is available at all Walgreens. They stock it with the natural bath and body stuff-- by the Burt's Bees and stuff. HTH.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:

It really does vary from store to store. I've been to about 3 different ones in my area and they all seem to carry some portion of the line.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
violeteann, thanks for the review! I went back to my local walgreen's and asked the nice lady at the cosmetics counter where this line was. They didn't have the daily conditioner and shampoo, but they had the hair mask. She told me Walgreen's actually offers training when they get new skincare lines, I never expected that from Walgreen's! Very Happy She also gave me and my friend a ton samples from their other lines very cool!

I placed a generous amount of hair mud masque last night after wetting down my hair and let it in a turban all night long. Rinsed this morning and applied my usual product, leaving it to air dry. Hair feels very soft and curls are well defined. Glad to know there are less expensive products I can alternate with my beloved Sudzz FX and can't wait to try their daily shampoo and conditioner!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I think that Walgreen's recently started doing this (training their cosmetics people). When I bought the shampoo and conditioner, the lady gave me her card! LOL. So I think this is something they are trying out.

Deb
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds as if everyone is loving them, but based on these recommendations I bought two Yes to Carrots products today, and as of right now, I'll be saying No to Carrots! I bought the body scrub and the lotion for hands and elbows. When I put them in my cabinet, I used some of the lotion, spreading and rubbing it all over my hands and arms. It felt ok, but a tad sticky. I thought that would dissipate. Then I came to the computer and half an hour later, I began sniffing to see where that cheap perfume scent was coming from, the kind of scent you get a whiff of when someone in a store walks past you, and you quickly move away from them. It's the lotion..... I'm super sensitive to scents. I want to wear fragrances I choose and nothing else, and this won't do at all. I don't know if the whole line smells like this. Maybe I'll use it on my legs to see if I can still smell it, but I may just go dig my receipt out of the trash and return them both to Wal-Green.
Right now, I've got to go wash my hands and arms......

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |