Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

One nagging skin issue - need ideas or suggestions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
So I've been using a good skincare regimin - effective sunscreen, retinoids and peels - face looks good - I've rolled back time...I'm mid 40s, now looking better, but what can I do about the fact that my under eyes still give me away?

As I age, that area sinks and looks dark or puffy. I am using good concealers, but still catch sight of dark shadows in the mirror which age me. Also, I am a fright without makeup - can no longer go without it.

What else is left? can surgery do anything for the undereye area?

Except for the areas right around my eyes - my face looks really good.

Thanks, BF
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I have heard this can be caused by an unknown food allergy, perhaps you might want to see an allergist?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:47 am      Reply with quote
You might like to consider Osmosis eye products. They take a totally different approach to the eye area and the eye products are quite unusual but they work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bushy,
have you finally tried Osmosis ?

bushy wrote:
You might like to consider Osmosis eye products. They take a totally different approach to the eye area and the eye products are quite unusual but they work.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
BF, here's a few suggestions

1. Skin Biology's night eye premier cream, followed by HA & a nice moisturizing eye cream (I like True Radiance's eye cream but another that I also like is PSF's super hydrating eye cream)

2. Apply a light coat of Vaseline over your eye cream application at night. Quite a few people claim this seems to seal in the eye cream for better absorption and puffs the under eye area which smooths out the lines.

3. Okusil eye treatment from JB is suppose to reduce puffiness and discoloration and help with firming. (This product did not work for me but it might for you)

4. Apply a very tiny amount of Tazorac to the under eye area nightly or every other night.

Hope one of these suggestions helps you out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
So I've been using a good skincare regimin - effective sunscreen, retinoids and peels - face looks good - I've rolled back time...I'm mid 40s, now looking better, but what can I do about the fact that my under eyes still give me away?

As I age, that area sinks and looks dark or puffy. I am using good concealers, but still catch sight of dark shadows in the mirror which age me. Also, I am a fright without makeup - can no longer go without it.

What else is left? can surgery do anything for the under-eye area?

Except for the areas right around my eyes - my face looks really good.

Thanks, BF

I totally understand what you are saying. My face, neck and declotee are in excellent condition. In my case I have fat deposits under my eyes (bags). Bags are a family trait. I need glasses both for reading and distance. With glasses on I don't think my under eye area is noticable at all. Some products help the eye area quite a bit. Unfortunately, no topical will ever get rid of my problem.

I have never had dark circles but think you might have better success treating them. I am a big Janson Beckett fan. The only product I never continued using was Okusil. In saying that, I gave a bottle to a girl that works with my DH and she swears by it for helping her dark circles.

Something just stops me from surgery Anxious . Recently I saw Kenny Rogers on TV. He had eye surgery. He did not look like the same man. Lets face it, he had the best do him. My eye area does not look too great but I don't want my grandbabies not knowing their Noni. Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
havana8

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:

Hi Bushy! Do you mind me asking how long you've been using them and how they have been working for you? I've been using them for several weeks now but can't say I've noticed them doing much of anything...
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Hi Bushy! Do you mind me asking how long you've been using them and how they have been working for you? I've been using them for several weeks now but can't say I've noticed them doing much of anything...

lin23 wrote:
Hi Bushy,
have you finally tried Osmosis ?

About 4 to 5 weeks ago I got both the Refresh AM and the Refresh PM. I had never used products containing CPs before so it took about a week for my skin to get used to the products. For probably 10 to 15 years I have had very white eyes while the rest of my face is a natural tan colour. I had asked a doctor about the white around my eyes but she had no idea so I just learned to live with it. Within a week of using the Refresh, the skin around my eyes was no longer white and the skin colour became the same colour as the rest of my face. I can only assume it was a circulation issue as the Osmosis products seem to greatly increase blood circulation. I have not noticed any difference in crows feet but I am prepared to give it a while to see what happens in that area. The products are quite unusual and like nothing I have ever used before. They take a bit of getting used to and may not suit everyone but the info on the eye products stated the aim was to increase blood flow to the area to help repair the skin which would remove dark circles, remove puffiness and eventually decrease lines. The fact that it has returned my eye area to its original colour suggests to me the products have a chance of working. I have also tried the cleanser and it is, far and away, the best cleanser I have ever used.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bushy,
Where did you get the Osmosis from? Also, how much is it?
Thanks.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
emma1 wrote:
Hi Bushy,
Where did you get the Osmosis from? Also, how much is it?
Thanks.

Emma1, I will pm you with all the details.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much.
Very Happy
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Bushy, would you mind pm-ing me with the details also? TIA!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Bushy, would you mind pm-ing me with the details also? TIA!

Have sent the details to you Fifi.
I am going to be away until 1st October so won't be able to answer any more questions until after that date.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bushy - have a great trip!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Hey Bushy and Havana - any update on the Osmosis products?

I'm reading about them with interest.
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
BF, here's a few suggestions

1. Skin Biology's night eye premier cream, followed by HA & a nice moisturizing eye cream (I like True Radiance's eye cream but another that I also like is PSF's super hydrating eye cream)

2. Apply a light coat of Vaseline over your eye cream application at night. Quite a few people claim this seems to seal in the eye cream for better absorption and puffs the under eye area which smooths out the lines.

3. Okusil eye treatment from JB is suppose to reduce puffiness and discoloration and help with firming. (This product did not work for me but it might for you)

4. Apply a very tiny amount of Tazorac to the under eye area nightly or every other night.

Hope one of these suggestions helps you out.

My personal experience using Vaseline (point 2 above) was not good. I'm prone to milia and vaseline made the problem much worse in my eye area! Use with caution if you're prone to milia.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Hey Bushy and Havana - any update on the Osmosis products?

I'm reading about them with interest.

I am using the whole line for anti aging which includes cleanser, peel, sunscreen, Replenish and Renew. I am still using Remergent products with them and couldn't be happier.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |