Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
a tailored skin care plan/regimen/routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I need a personal consultant, so i'd like to know whose expert members can I feel free to contact/PM to get a customized skin care plan. is there a specific area in this forum where such requests fit in. any guidelines for posting these?

Thanks in advance.
havana8

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
maybe try contacting EDS or pm'ing Caspers Mum...
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I think if you have any problems with your regime, you should post it on this board so members here can make recommendations. And I'm sure you can PM any of the mods here or members which you think has the same skincare problems as you.

But if you need a very detailed, specific and professional regime, then I suggest you should talk it through with your beautician maybe.

HTH
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
here it goes:

i'm asian with oily & pale skin, although i no longer suffer from severe acne, i do get the occasional cystic bump just on my chin, so some red marks are left(post inflammatory pigmentation), a bit up above those marks, I got a deep crater-like scar, also something similar as well, on one cheek, not as deep but a very depressed patch of skin. those scars were not solely a result to the typical acne lession but i attribute it mostly to the trauma caused by the esthetician --she squeezed very hard, and misused the electronic beauty device with which i was treated-- because i notice that inmediadetly after a session treatment, a slight depression appeared on my cheek..It's a long story.. so i leave it to that. and continue saying that it has been almost 9 years since that ordeal, now my scars have plump up a bit overtime and does not itch that much frequently, I recall that i used to feel an intense prickling itch on the scars, on and off, even without having anything on.(now is the same but less intense and frequent) so i couldn't tell whether a product was irritating or not, so I stopped using the common brands that are available worldwide (that is, freeman, biore, neutrogena and others) and just used castile soap, in fact i have not known nor tried anything comparable to the brands u have so much talked about . so basically i've been simply washing with castile soap and putting nothing on cuz as i said the scar is inherently itchy. and i'm yet to decide what products to use, in which order and combination, furthermore I'd probably have to order online, even perhaps the stuff that you might already have availaible at ur local grocery or health
food store , because i hardly can ever find a simple "tea tree oil" or "wheat germ oil", for instance, I remembered how i asked for those at a herbolary (sp? whatever it's called), and they would go like ??. anyway, I'll have to look further and see what i can find .

I 'd like to use EOs copper peptides, natuderm products or everything else apart from the treatments done at the derm/surgeon's office. but i'm lost on what to start with and what their scope of treatment is. (some work depending on the type of scar, how old etc ), that's why i've been merely washing with castile soap for the time being , . while i wait for your recommendations for the am and pm routine . so it all boils down in treating the discoloration and scars.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
bciw:

I would suggest you start slowly with the following:

Wash with Epidermx every other morning for about 2 weeks working your way up to using every morning - after about 2 weeks try to use again in the evening every other night eventually working your way up to using 2X per day. This will help to fade acne marks/discoloration and will exfoliate the skin leaving it smoother and clearer, less prone to break-outs.

After washing (AM & PM) apply skin biology's Exfol serum (purchase the serum not the cream as it is better for acne prone skin) Always wait 30 minutes after applying Exfol serum before to apply another product. This will continue to help gently exfoliate the skin by removing damaged skin proteins and dead skin cells.

Start with skin biology's regular strength cooper peptide serum. Start by using 4 drops of serum to 4 drops of water, every 10 days or so add one drop of serum and decrease one drop of water until you are at full strength serum. So it should go like this: first 2 weeks 4 drops cp & 4 drops water, week four = 5 drops cp & 3 drops water, week six = 6 drops cp & 2 drops water, etc. Apply cp serum to a clean face every evening. After applying cooper peptides, apply a few drops of either pure emu oil or jojoba oil. Both are carrier oils and will help to push the cp's into the skin much better as well as moisturize and hydrate your skin - both of these oils will help with reduce acne and will lessen oil blockage in your pores.

Apply a light eye cream both AM & PM.

There is much more you can do to improve your skin and help prevent aging, wrinkling, and discoloration but first start with the above and keep it simple. IF (and I say if because not every product works well for every person) this works well for you and you are seeing the kind of improvements you hoped for, post back after 3 months and you can begin adding a light weekly peel, vitamin c serum, DMAE and other great products - but start here first. You do not want to apply too many new products all at once. If you react poorly to a product, by introducing them slowly you will be able to determine which product doesn't agree with you. If cooper peptides do not give you the results you are looking for, you may want to try Retin A, Obagi or JB products instead.

Let me know if you have any questions.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend The Skin Type Solution (book) by Leslie S. Baumann. I heard a lot of raves for it.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |