Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)
Paul & Joe Protective Foundation Looks Very Cool
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lovejoy

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, hello, new to this board.

So I ordered some in Porcelain from the blissworld site...

I'm looking for reviews rather excitedly but can't find any on here, maybe due to the search word of "and" in the actual phrase?

Can anyone share their experience with this product? Here are my req's & why I selected this (I currently wear Shiseido hydromakeup in Very Light Ivory).

--should feel breathable and natural but also contain sunscreen and be able to be doubled up for photos/performance if necessary (mostly a fresh clean look though)

--the container has to look foxy* in my medicine cabinet (may be an absurd factor to some but my roommate and I have discussed this and he concurs, but he is more of a product diva than I for sure Razz )

--as portable as possible

--the right color, obviously. I'm pale the way gwen stefani is, if you can imagine her not perfectly powdered, which I rarely am. I have yellow-ivory skin BUT with pink in the cheeks, so the "are you yellow" v "are you pink" question usually requires further consideration...

--what else. it should smell good and feel delicious and not have a whole hell of a lot of chemicals. Ideally it would be chem-free. I know the P & J is not, but it looks good-for-you (ish)

Thanks for any responses.

LJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lovejoy! I've been wanting to try Paul & Joe makeup for ages now. I have to say that the packaging is a major part of my attraction as well; it's so girly! I'm also tempted to buy the protective primer. There are good reviews on the foundation on makeupalley:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?CategoryID=5&brandname=Paul+%26+Joe&Brand=1311&title=&submit=Find+Products

I think I'm going to order their new moisturizing compact foundation since I'm starting on accutane in a few days and it comes in lighter shades than their other foundations (I'm super pale). I found a review on the compact foundation a blog somewhere that said it has good coverage and is very moisturizing:
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2007/09/voce-aw-liquid-cream-foundations-survey.html

Sorry I can't add much more but I hope I've helped a little Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lovejoy. I can't wait to hear what you think of this foundation. The Bliss website only has 2 colors available. It must be popular! This website has several other foundations of theirs but not this new one. http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=619&SectionID=653&FeaturedProduct=8934&pID=1

Please do give us an update/review!
lovejoy

Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladeez...

The cute little jar arrives tomorrow, and I have a performance tomorrow night, so I plan to test drive and will report back. Bad Grin

Have a great weekend!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
ive never tried their foundation but i just wanted to stick my head in and say i LOVE paul and joe, their cosmetics are fantastic and sooo beautifully presented!!! one of their eye crayons is my holy grail for highlighting Smile
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Just bumping this. Lovejoy, how are you liking the foundation so far? Can't wait to hear an update Smile

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven glotherapeutics Barrier Balm (50 ml / 1.7 oz)