Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

omega 3 pill problems
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
im wondering.. has anyone else here felt that omega-3 has NOT been beneficial to their skin?
ive found that everytime i take omega3 pills, i tend to wake up with bumpier skin Sad i dont know if this is because i already get enough O3 in my diet (it's likely- i eat fish pretty regularly) or what... kind of makes me feel like a freak of nature since there are like a trillion raves about it on MUA! at first i was taking an omega3-6-9 pill but then heard that omega6 is already oversaturated in a normal diet so thought THAT was making me bumpy, but then when i switched over to just omega 3, same thing...

btw, ive found taking zinc and vitamic c beneficial to my skin health, but maybe that's because those are things that might be deficient in my diet...??
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
it might be because the fish oil you're taking could be rancid, or on the shelf too long--when purchasing omega-3's, it's really important to buy from a store with a high turnover rate. examples of this would be iherb.com, or sam's club...at least so i've heard! good luck.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely. My skin became extra oily, bumpy, tons of clogged pores and very breakout prone. It only recently occurred to me that it might be the fish oil supplements I was taking, and I stopped just awhile ago. Hope my skin gets back to normal soon......
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
i take omega3 supplements, and my skin is not affected. i take the ones from jamieson.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Its supposed to help dry skin so if you dont have dry skin and you are eating fish already then its probably too much. I have eczema and it worked to treat it better than anything else I tried.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I received breakouts from an Omega 3 supplements. Have tried it twice now with the same result so I will just make sure I eat the necessary foods to obtain it that way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Well Ive taken it on and off over the yrs and find when I first start taking it, my skin goes oilier. But then its just seems to return to normal.

How long have you been taking it? It may pay to be patient a bit longer as its good stuff for yr skin. But then if you eat fish alot you may have yr omega 3's covered anyway Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I've started to take fish oil daily for maybe a month (prior to that, it was erratic - took it only when I remembered to) and have not seen any breakout (I'm not prone to it). I haven't really noticed any difference in my skin either. My skin is very dry. I don't usually eat fish.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
It also depends on the brand as some brands are lower in the EPA/DHA. I love the Genuine Health brands. I take the double strength one and in two weeks my eczema clears up.
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
im pretty sure it's not rancid or anything... there's a 2009 expiration date on the bottle!
ive been taking it on and off for several months, usually it is the only thing i change and i notice that i wake up bumpier/more congested... now that ive stopped taking it i find my skin is clearing faster... maybe it really just is that i already have enough omega-3??
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
You may only need 1 capsule too. I take 2, when i was taking 3 my skin/hair was really oily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I alternate between Carlson Fish Oil and Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil (cod liver oil is better for the colder months for the vitamin D). I take a tsp of the oil every morning. I haven't had any problems with it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:41 am      Reply with quote
I take flax seed oil capsules for my omegas. Haven't really noticed it affecting my skin much...although when i first started taking them i did get a couple of comments. my skin is oily/combo but i don't eat much fish, so maybe i need them.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I have heard of a lot of people getting bumps and breakouts from fish oil supplements. If you are taking a fish-based Omega 3 supplement and it affects you like this, try taking a vegetarian one from flax, seaweed, etc. I take a vegetarian one and if anything it has only helped my skin. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I used to put fish oil on my face and it helped balance my oil production. I don't take pill form of Omega but do eat fish and had no problems.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Is there any chance fish oil could cause a dry itchy scalp? Because Ive noticed since I started taking them again my scalp has gone back to being dry and itchy.

I tend to take them on and off. I stopped taking them for a fair while this yr and my scalp was the best its been in ages. Now im on them again my scalp problems have come back.

Dont know if its a coincidence or not...

5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking Bluebonnet Entrox Multi-EFAs (omega 3, 6, 9) for the last 3 months. I got them at a local health food store but have seen them online also. I haven't really noticed much change in my skin, but my nails... WOW!

I have very thin nails that break and peal.
I noticed the change after taking one gelcap once a date for about a month. I've only had 2 broken nails in the last 2-3 months. And those didn't even break, they chipped a little chunk out of the tip of the nail.

I've tried many EFAs over the years and they are NOT all alike. This is the ONLY one that didn't disagree with my digestion. I would stop taking the others after a few days because I'd end up burping up fish oil all day. For me, these are highly digestable.

Checkout Bluebonnetnutrition's website for more info on the nutritional breakdown.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |