Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ladies, could you PLEASE help me transform my skin...???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ghetofabbabi07
5% products discount

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
So..here goes...
I am an 18 yr old AA woman and i have been dealing with acne since i was 13. I have finally gotten it under control but my skin sucks. Im in college right now and i want radiant smooth skin. I saw a girl the other day and her skin was flawless...it just glowed and didnt have ONE BUMP lol on it..something i deal with alot is all these little white bumps...they are filled with nasty white goop lol they make my appearance look really bad...and I need help getting rid of them...also...i have some black marks but im sure whatever i use to treat my skin will take care of them...i also have an uneven skin tone...overall i dont HATE my skin i just know it can be ridiculously improved if I am pointed in the right direction..I KNOW i cam e to the right place

Ive been reading this forum on and off for a year and people on here really know their stuff Very Happy I was thinking of gettin a 20% at home TCA peel or getting the TCA Latte from Julie at perfectperfection...but those are the only ideas i have right now

SO can you guys please PLEASE give me some good products to use....stuff to make my dull ruddy pigmented skin nice glowy and moisterized...of course its not going to be perfect but any improvement from here is GREAT!!!

I have combination skin

Thank you SOOO much and sorry for the long post
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure you will get tons of suggestions, but what works for me is Proactiv. If you've never tried it, it's worth a shot. I went off of it for while, tried some other products (spent a lot of $), got a lot of pimples. So I decided to just go back to what works for me.

I also really like the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading peel for fading acne scars and improving tone.

I also would suggest drinking plenty of water and maybe taking a multivitamin every day.
ghetofabbabi07
5% products discount

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
thanks violet! but i already have something i use on my acne and it works GREAT! but now i need something to turn my skin completely around...ive been looking around and vit c serums seem really popular..am i too young for them...i also wear sunscreen everyday..
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think beta hydroxy acid would really help your skin. I lovewww.cosmeticscop.com 2% BHA liquid, but if you have sensitive skin start with 1%. This should help with the clogged bumps and smoothing your skin. As for the peels, I know nothing about those, sorry. I'm sure you'll get more advice about that.
Hope that helps a bit.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Epidermix sold here at EDS would be really great for smoothing out rough patches and bumps, its a HG for me.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/naturderm-epidermix-ii-p_7519.htm

If you do a search on it you should get a lot of info.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:07 am      Reply with quote
i had acne for over 15 years.......i only wish i came accross this forum then.........i think you need to experiment with all the suggestions......not all suggested stuff will make your skin glow........but the honest opinion of the threads on this forum are a great help.

I have always looked for things to make my skin have that 'glow'......it's really funny how i always come back to makes like decleor and elemis...........although i have tried everything from creme de la mer........to boots no.7..........

regards

Kay

ps at this moment i have discovered philosophy.......i always read about it........but never gave it a try until there was a 'today's special value' on qvc......beginning reaction is....that - it could grow on me........i still have acne scars.......on my skin.....and anything that improves the look of my skin is a bonus.....and also i do like the vit c serums......
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Ive been reading this forum on and off for a year and people on here really know their stuff I was thinking of gettin a 20% at home TCA peel or getting the TCA Latte from Julie at perfectperfection...but those are the only ideas i have right now

Peels can do wonders for acne. I followed a few member's stories over the past few years. Please be extremely careful with TCA peels. My daughter is in her thirties. Her acne is under control but she has some scars. I just gave her a TCA 12.5% peel last week. Now, my daughter has tough skin. Her skin was very red and tight after the peel. We immediately applied Emu Oil and Copper Peptide Serum. Her skin has been peeling like I have never seen before. Shock Everyday she has continued with CP's and Emu oil and is wearing sunblock of 50 on her face.

If you decide to do peels please know all there is to know first. Acids are nothing to take lightly.

I just got through reading some Ogabi threads. Some of the results members are having are remarkable. Go to the following link. You will see a heading Ogabi On Our Forum. Lots of wonderful reading for you.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/obagi-skin-care-products.htm

I will direct you to an outstanding thread regarding TCA peels. scalawaggirl gave members step by step instructions. Awesome thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=17724

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Have you considered looking at one of the LED light units? EDS sells Tanda and LED Technologies in US or NCNproskincare.com sells the DPL system.

The Tanda is more easily used for spot treatments as the unit head is small and can be used directly on acne areas.

Otherwise, any quality LED light unit will provide you with antibacterial and collagen building properties thru the blue and red lights. You might not really need the red lights at your age, still these units are great adjuncts to any skincare regime you use as they keep cell turnover rates high resulting in healthier skin.

Lots of info is available on the net re the DPL system. Nanci at NCN has a great price.

good luck
ghetofabbabi07
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Goodness!! All these wonderful replies...thank you all soo much! I will def look into epidermx and the 12.5% TCA and all your other suggestions...i just ordered philosophys hope in a jar and a sample of psf pumpkin peel so hopefully ill like that....if I do a peel do i really need copper peptides or can i just use some healing oil?
BHA? I heard that julie from perfectcomplexion was preaching against them and how they cause you to age...but if they take care of those under the skin bumps...i JUST might have to look into it Very Happy
thanks so much ladies....keep them coming lol
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
ghetofabbabi07 wrote:
Goodness!! All these wonderful replies...thank you all soo much! I will def look into epidermx and the 12.5% TCA and all your other suggestions...i just ordered philosophys hope in a jar and a sample of psf pumpkin peel so hopefully ill like that....if I do a peel do i really need copper peptides or can i just use some healing oil?
BHA? I heard that julie from perfectcomplexion was preaching against them and how they cause you to age...but if they take care of those under the skin bumps...i JUST might have to look into it Very Happy
thanks so much ladies....keep them coming lol

You may or may not know that most 'under the skin bumps' fall into 2 categories - milia, usually small bumps with a whitish, hard centre, and sebaceous hyperplasia bumps which often form on the oilier parts of the face & can come in smallish clusters, with a sort of bulbous appearance (all this I learned from research following info on this forum).

For yrs I suffered from sebaceous hyperplasia, derm saying it was overactive sebaceous glands and I had the v. oily skin to show for it. I tried everything under the sun to get rid of them, frequently pricking them with a small needle, draining them & using Vit E oil to heal the wound (shocked my derm with this but it worked with the more maleable bumps, but they would eventually grow back).

As I aged I sprouted more of them - dammit Mad . Found a site that sells stuff guaranteeing to rid skin of them along with other products for milia etc - organiconline.com.sg., in Singapore - great customer care. It is an organic product made by Naturalis out of Oz land. Expensive but it works! I applied it every nite with the handletip of small eye brush, just blobbing it on the bumps. In about a wk noticed a difference. Anyway, after regular treatments for about 1 month, only needed to use it maybe 1x wk. Up to that point, nothing & I mean nothing I or the derm tried worked, even my own surgery LOL.

When I started using the DPL, further improvements resulted in the bump department. Now, hardly notice them anymore but still treat stubborn ones with Naturalis.

If you have problems w milia or seb. hyperplasia, look at Naturalis products. The website also sells other products that I've never heard of before that are special treatments for unusual skin problems.

Just thot I'd share my experience with you....

arya
ghetofabbabi07
5% products discount

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thank you so much for that Naturalis idea...im looking into it definately...and thank you for the link to the TCA peel
brightmind
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I think there are some great responses.
If your skin is dull and not vibrant, exfoliation is recommended, to let the new skin come through, and get rid of dead skin cells, as well as increase circulation.

However, some things to be really careful of:
TCA peels. Although many AA skin is thick with tendency to have lots of oil and also lots of collagen, be very careful with the chemical peels as you could cause more staining/scarring. I'd start with something less extreme - a good program: lots of ideas are on the board, but having the same skin type and similar problems, my recommendation is below:

So, I'd recommend exfoliating, but starting at a low level and GRADUALLY working up, when there is no problems.

Chemical exfol is really important. Stay away from GA (gylcolics). Only use Lactic if any AHAS are used. Initially, I'd focus on BHAs and CPs (from DY) initially, and gradually introduce an AHA ( like IFP - I feel pretty products). You can get some samples - cleansers, chemical exfols.

Next, I'd recommend emu oil for healing, soothing inflammation of the skin. (DY's - Diana Yvonne -website has some great samples). You can also experiment with some essential oils like lavender and tea tree and directly apply to various areas.

Once that is under control and no wierd reactions, I recommend some really gentle microderm. There are some good creams out there and again start with your hand, gently, but never during any type of breakout, and work up to about 1 minute of manual but gentle friction.

There is a great Dermatologist that specializes in AA skin. Crutchfield Dermatology in Minnesota. He has a wonderful and informative website.

http://www.crutchfielddermatology.com/

Here you can get the best in skin care advice for ethnic skin. VERY few dermatologists consider the intricacies / challenges of our skin.

Remember, great skin doesn't just appear overnight. You must establish a solid regieme, and improve diet (including supplements), sleep, exercise (circulation), reduce alcohol, etc...
Whatever you focus on will prosper!!

5% products discount

Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
so your saying dont do any tca peels not even 8%? should i do a lactic one instead? so you advice i get a lactic face wash and then cp serum? that doesnt seem like it will do much lol do you have experience with using these products and getting the results im looking for?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |