Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Rave: Lucas Paw Paw Ointment (saved my lips)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I am going to be raving about a product that has a base of Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly. Shock I know, I am shocked too since I tend not to use any products that contains petroleum by-products. However I just can not share this product with you guys.

My story is like this, a few weeks ago my lips went crazy and would not stop peeling and being irritated. I tried using blistex (please avoid this at all costs if your lips are irritated), random chapsticks and vaseline. Unfortunately none of them were really helping, I was still peeling continuously, even after using vaseline. Moreover I was getting whiteheads around my lips, not pretty. Out of desperation, I purchased Lucas Paw Paw Ointment out of desperation since it gets good reviews as lip balm.

Two days later, my lips are no longer flaking and I have not had to deal with any dry skin build up at all. So amazing. I am also using this to treat a burn I gave myself when I tried to treat a bad pimple. Embarassed

The active ingredient is Carica papaya 39mg/g fresh fermented fruit and the preservative is potassium sorbate.

It is advertised as:
"a local topical application on the following: abscesses and boils, bruises and burns, carbuncles and chafings, cuts and cysts, dry and cracked skin on hands and feet, gravel rash and heat rash, insect stings and mosquito bites, open wounds and pimples, scalds and sunburn, swelling associated with injury, splinters and thorns, tinea and whitlow, nappy rash and cracked nipples, temporary relief of the symptoms of dermatitis and eczema, temporary relief of the discomfort of haemorrhoids by local application."

There is also a non-petroleum based paw paw ointment called Simmons paw paw salve, but I haven't yet found a shop that sells it.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cuppre! So where do you get this miracle salve?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this at my local pharmacy, it is a really popular product in Australia. But it can also be bought online and on ebay; saw some on sale when I googled for the ingredients.

I think the other name for paw paw is papaya. Maybe you have something like this, but just under the name of papaya?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lucus Paw Paw ointment too! It's available in pharmacies and supermarkets in Australia. It's made out of fermented papaya and paraffin. Looks like vaseline jelly but thicker and so much more hydrating.

Perfect for chapped lips, windburn skin, nappy rash for bubs. My 4 year old still uses the ointment, only now on her lips. Very Happy
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have always thought of this as some sort of fancy tube of vaseline, but different grades of petrolatum do have different effects on chapped skin. This is ok for extreme dryness on my lips, but for hydration and plumping I prefer more watery formulas.
Mabsy

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:52 am      Reply with quote
I have a tube of this as well and have sent out a few tubes to various EDS members over the years. I tend not to use this on a regular basis as a lip balm but it is a very handy thing to have when your lips are very chapped, or just for helping heal various nicks, cuts and mosquito bites. The product here in Australia has quite a following and is also relatively cheap - always a bonus when you need to justify yet another potential lipbalm purchase Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |