Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tanda Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed and asked about their return/refund policy and trial period etc... no answer so far!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I received another e-mail from Tanda and the woman is 51 - is your name "Sandy"? - are you blonde? When I asked about a 30 day money back guarantee - this is their reply - "We do have a Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. One thing that is very important is that you use the device as part of your DAILY skincare routine. The light is a very effective tool for helping prevent and cure BLEMISHES but customers have to use it to see results. The best thing to do to measure your results is to take a photo before you start treatment. You can document your progress photographically to ensure you are seeing a difference. I would love to see your progress"
I am 59 yrs of age and do not have blemishes - so I am going to wait and see the results of others in my age group before purchasing.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
edited to remove self-promo

I have a Lightstim and found that though I like most of the results I just couldn't get rid of all the acne on the chin area, so I've just ordered my Christmas prezzy in August Angel
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Rufus-- please let me know what you think! I'm very interested in this new "toy"^-^

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Saw that the company is located in Canada. Do they deliver to US?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
luckylife wrote:
Saw that the company is located in Canada. Do they deliver to US?

http://www.tandaskincare.com/index.asp

So far it's only available in Canada.
Caspers Mum

Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Just so you know: I placed an order for this today, and you should see this on Essential Day Spa's website within the next couple of weeks Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
is this just for acne or for wrinkles and such?

anyone order it yet? would it be similar to the baby quasar?

damm so many thingys to buy!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:
is this just for acne or for wrinkles and such?

anyone order it yet? would it be similar to the baby quasar?

damm so many thingys to buy!

They have one "Red Light Therapy to
Revitalize Your Appearance" and one Blue Light Therapy for Acne. I have a lightstim with similar LED technology that emits red light and I think its kinda effective on blemishes as well.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I already have the baby quasar. would there be any point on buying this too?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have a Lightstim and found that though I like most of the results I just couldn't get rid of all the acne on the chin area, so I've just ordered my Christmas prezzy in August Angel

My first shipment of the Tanda system didn't work out as the blue light didn't work. I phoned the company the next day and my new shipment arrived early Tuesday and the lights work fine.

I ordered Tanda for a few reasons, price, the blue light for acne, and it's Canadian. It's more expensive than my Lightstim but the blue light made it worth it. Contained in the white box are the main unit and charger, bag for travel, goggles, 2 instruction manuals (one English, one French), and the 2 lights.

I did my first treatment of the blue light tonight and found it easy to use. It beeps to indicate treatment time or if it's over. The light units have a lifespan of about 10,000 treatments. The lights will be sold seperately so getting a new light will be easy. I don't know the price of them yet.

The customer service for Tanda was excellent as the lady I spoke with was in the process of reading my e-mail when I phoned very early in the morning. She e-mailed me a label to send the shipment back so I didn't have to pay extra.

What I like is the timed beeps, and the unit can be used with the cord as well as the charger. I can't say how well it works as it's my first treatment. I'll update on how it works for my acne.
Andee

Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:43 am      Reply with quote
*deleted self promotion*
Caspers Mum

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Just so you know:

Tanda debuted on our site late yesterday afternoon. Very Happy (you're welcome! LOL!)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/tanda-acne-light-therapy.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
johnnavic wrote:
edited to remove self promo.

I've used the Tanda 3 times now and love it. The addition of the Blue light therapy has made all the difference in the world. I have used the Lightstim red light and noticed the changes to the lines from the nose to the mouth but the acne, though lessened, was still there in the form of the little bumps and occasional big breakout. After using the Tanda blue light 3 times I have found that the big breakout on my chin is almost gone, but better, the little bumps are starting to go away.

I know that there is the Baby Quasar and other lights out there but I find for price (I know some folks just don't have over a thousand dollars to spend and this product is within purchasing range for more people) and ease of use the Tanda is a spectacular product. The customer service from the Company was great and cause I like to have stuff ready for travel (if I lost it I wouldn't like to come home to nothing) I couldn't help but get another unit from EDS.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi, would the Tanda be along the same technology as the Quasar ? (which I already have).
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Hi, would the Tanda be along the same technology as the Quasar ? (which I already have).

Yes it is. Instead of two seperate lights you have a wand with 2 different attachments, blue and red. The blue deals with the acne and the red with the anti-aging. It's also a lot cheaper than Quasar. I don't have a Quasar so I can't comment on that product but with the results with my acne I'm getting after only a few days with the Tanda, I'd rather save the money and go with the Tanda.
mina1
5% products discount

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I just went to Holt Renfew last week since I've seen this forum and following reviews and splurged $300+ on this product. The SA's at Holt renfew all raved about this item as it was popular and new they all said the red light works amazingly on their skin and blue light it great for treating any pimples you start feeling coming on.

Well after 3 days of usage I'm seeing dramatic Results.I think I've been using this more than the 18mins a day recomended. I started to use it 20mins for the blue and 20 mins for the red just on the face. I use the Red light else where on the body where I have marks/uneven skin tone/and scars.

I can say with the blue light it's pretty good on pimples that you feel are coming on but if you have existing ones i'm guessing it slows them down from outbreaking more or so. The Red light speeds up the healing process and I'm liking the results it seems to even skin tone and also diminsihing marks lightly. I havent seen any results on my scars but this will take time.

I'm gonna use this for another few weeks and post my results. Also this handheld is alos an Excellent choice since you can use it for yourself and give it to other family members or friends even.

Great Item And I would definetly buy another one if I ever have the money!!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:

Yes it is. Instead of two seperate lights you have a wand with 2 different attachments, blue and red. The blue deals with the acne and the red with the anti-aging. It's also a lot cheaper than Quasar. I don't have a Quasar so I can't comment on that product but with the results with my acne I'm getting after only a few days with the Tanda, I'd rather save the money and go with the Tanda.

Hey Rufus - Glad to hear that your acne is diminishing with this product. If you don't mind me asking, what type of skin do you have and roughly what age range are you?

I do not suffer from acne at all, so my interest in this unit is strictly as an anti-aging and skin rejuvenation tool.

Thanks for sharing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello johnnavic - I am a little bit confused by some of your responses. Your very first post in this thread says that you are trying to get pregnant and went off the pill, which triggered adult acne that you didn't want to take med's for while trying to conceive. This lead you to discover the Tanda unit as a med-free solution to the problem. Later in this thread you responded to a post written by Stovetop who was concerned about the effectiveness of this unit for people over 55. In your response to her you said that you are 51 years old and had great success using the unit so far ( Question ). Meanwhile in the Baby Q thread, you indicate that you are 37 years old. This is all very strange to say the least - can you please explain your different ages?

johnnavic wrote:
self-promo removed.

johnnavic in Baby Q Thread wrote:
self-promo removed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Rufus wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:

Hey Rufus - Glad to hear that your acne is diminishing with this product. If you don't mind me asking, what type of skin do you have and roughly what age range are you?

I do not suffer from acne at all, so my interest in this unit is strictly as an anti-aging and skin rejuvenation tool.

Thanks for sharing!

I have sensitive skin with rosacea and adult acne. I'm 50.

If I had no acne I'd stick with the red light. I also find that every few days I don't use the Tanda to give my skin a rest. I think you can overdo things.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Rufus,

What is the guarantee on the Tanda? I can't find any information on their website.

I am not interested as I love my Quasar from Advanced Thera . One of my friends teenage son is fighting severe acne and his Mom might be interested in a less expensive unit.

Thanks in advance. Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mina1
5% products discount

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
In Tanda's Pamphlet Maual it suggests if anyone has Severe Acne not to use the Tanda System but to go directly to a derm so they can see how your skin is. The Tanda System is great for Mild-Moderate Acne sufferes who want to use the blue light. It can be used alone or compliemnt your skin care routine.

The Red light can be used by anyone who want to destress their skin.

Also you have to email Tanda for a satisfaction guarantee.When I emailed them they just responded that they are offering the Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. I'm just guessing if your not seeing results within 30days youcan return it?? I'm not sure on this as i'm loving the Tanda System right now so that hasn't passed my mind yet...!!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Rufus,

What is the guarantee on the Tanda? I can't find any information on their website.

I am not interested as I love my Quasar from Advanced Thera . One of my friends teenage son is fighting severe acne and his Mom might be interested in a less expensive unit.

Thanks in advance. Wink

Tanda is for mild to moderate acne which they describe in the manual as:

Quote:
Mild acne=,20 white/blackheads or <15 inflammatory blemishes or ,30 total blemishes

Moderate: 20-100 white/blackheads or 15-50 inflammatory blemishes or 30 to 125 total blemishes.

The above quotes are from the Tanda instruction manual.

So, your friend may want to get the advice of the Doctor before trying to use Tanda.

I've got mild adult acne. The treatments have helped the overall breakouts but yesterday I got a few whiteheads on my chin. I haven't been using the Tanda for a month but I like it so far. I bought it for the blue light or Tanda Clear light and it does deliver results but you have to be consistant in using it. You also have to know when to take a break for a day or so here and there. I find I like the results better if I use it for a series of days then take a break and then go back to use it.

I can't stress enough that you have to follow the directions that are enclosed. The Tanda Clear is a light you can't shine in either your or another persons eyes. The goggles are enclosed and should be used.

I've e-mailed Tanda and will wait to see what they say regarding any warrantys. When my first unit was faulty I had no problems returning it. Sarah at Tanda e-mailed me the postage to tape to the box so I didn't have to pay to return the unit. The next one I got was fine.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
Rufus wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:

Thanks for sharing!

I have sensitive skin with rosacea and adult acne. I'm 50.

If I had no acne I'd stick with the red light. I also find that every few days I don't use the Tanda to give my skin a rest. I think you can overdo things.

Hi Rufus - My skin is sensitive as well. When you say you can overdo things, did your skin became inflamed in some way by using the Tanda every day? And were you using both the blue and red heads once or twice each day? Thanks again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Hi Winnie - I phoned Tanda yesterday about a guarantee and spoke with Sarah (who Rufus has dealt with). She told me that there is a 1 year warranty on parts, and that they'd replace the unit if it wasn't working when you initially receive it. When I asked her if there was a money-back guarantee during the first 30 days of owning the unit, she couldn't answer me. She then went on to say that a Tanda rep will help you learn how to use the unit optimally during the first month of owning it, it you are not satisfied.

This response did not satisfy me, LOL, so she took my name and number and had another representative of Tanda call me back. The next conversation was with the Distributor. Again he would not directly answer me when I asked him if the unit can be returned within the first 30 days. He began to give me the same song and dance that Sarah did - that a rep would help me learn how to use the unit to my satisfaction during the first month if I wasn't happy with it and wanted my money back. I told him I will not be purchasing this unit without a money-back option, as I refuse to spend that amount of money on a unit that may not be appropriate for my skin or meet my expectations (especially since I won't be using the blue light). He then told me that if I buy the unit through the only retail store that carries Tanda in Canada (Holt Renfrew), that I could return it under their store policy.

It's clear to me now why there is no guarantee or warranty mentioned on the Tanda website - they do not offer a full money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied. They will only warranty the parts for 1 year or replace the unit if it is initially faulty.

HTHs,
~Scots

Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g) glotherapeutics Barrier Balm (50 ml / 1.7 oz)