Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Who ARE These Creatures?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
In the past couple of years, my friends and I have been laaauuughing our a**es off when we encounter these crazy women here, who are wearing dark-tinted, full facial visors. rofl

I kid you not. They look like ... welders, Stormtroopers, or just plain ... morons. Driving around in their little cars, out out walking in public, hiding behind their "sun protection". A full-face shield. Rolling Eyes Sometimes, they also pair this chic look with some dainty, lady-like, white gloves.

I realize that "dark spots" are a concern to many Asian women. Fair enough. But these select individuals are just plain paranoid, and I think need help beyond just wearing their little masks. Perhaps psychiatric help for their O.C.D., or problem with vanity?? Neutral Having addequate sun protection is a must for everyone, as is being sun-savvy. These women are ... NUTTERS! Besides, what is the point of going to such extreme measures to look "good", when no one can see your face? Plus, if they're trying to maintain their youthful looks, do they not realize that despite their more youthful faces, that the rest of their bodies will "go" sometime? Hmmm ... a 40 year old face, on an 80 year-old body. Brick wall
Mabsy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I have seen some around in Australia as well. However one of the ladies I used to work with pretty much HAS to wear these because her eyes are super sensitive to light. She doesn't like them, they just happen to be the most comfortable for her. So I never know if the people I see just (a) think it looks good, or (b) have no choice.

Mabsy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I haven't seen anyone in strange masks but I have seen women with pulled tight wrinkle free faces and a neck that would not look out of place on a turkey. Thats pretty strange. Laughing
Caspers Mum

Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I haven't seen anyone in strange masks but I have seen women with pulled tight wrinkle free faces and a neck that would not look out of place on a turkey. Thats pretty strange. Laughing

(Nodding) Right. I've seen a few of these "uh-oh's" myself. The people who looking like they're permanently surprised. Shock Good example: freaky David Guest (a.k.a. "Mister Liza Minelli")!! Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:53 am      Reply with quote
my god! they sound like a good idea! where can I get one? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I'll make you one and if you like it we can sell them ok. Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
YES YES YES!!!!
i want iwant iwant!

PLEASE!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
until i can get prototype to you, you will have to follow my suggestion for now [DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE THOUGH] this is just temporary ok but it will protect you. You need a large brown paper bag put over head, do not cut out holes for eyes or anything else because the sun may penetrate. When walking always look down at ground or you may end up with a very serious injury. I would just like to say that the manufacturers and myself take no responsibility for any injuury or death caused by this idea please be sure you fully understand all terms and conditions before use. Laughing
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
You gals are too funny!!!! I think about this thread and chuckle all the time. It feels so futuristic - don't laugh - our ozone is diminishing and it may be the wave of the future.....

I must admit though since i'm trying to lighten my skin, I do not like being exposed to the sun anymore and feel so self conscious just wearing a sunhat!!! If I wore one of those get ups - my husband would immediately divorce me - since he already calls me an ole lady cause I will wear a light jacket to protect my arms.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Loopy....wont uv rays get reflected up onto my face from the pavement though??? do I need to perhaps tie something around my neck to stop it happening?

seriously, where can you get them? I did a google and came up with zip Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Liz you made avery good point. I would advise you to tie something round neck for time being see if you can get Guapaboy to take you out if you need to go anywhere for now or steal someones guide dog after all it is for a good cause. I will get back to the drawing board and try to iron out the wrinkles in design. Ohmigod iron out what a great idea i am a genius i'll try that on a very low setting it could work.By the way Liz I worked extremely hard last night and I'm going to bed any minute now. Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Guapagirl - here you go my dear, I found a local one for you...

http://www.jholmeswilson.bordernet.co.uk/store/sunpol.html
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:39 am      Reply with quote
wow! they are really cheap! Though I must say I thought they were full face visors Confused I think that I may have to reconsider Sad
btw, my auntie Jean who lives in WA wears these type due to sun damage to eyes, so maybe they are a good idea after all! Very Happy

Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Oh, *NOW* I get it. When Caspers Mum said "full" she REALLY did mean FULL Brick wall

Now THAT I haven't seen done....

Guapagirl - no biggie though. Just call up your local welder supply store and they'll hook you up Laughing Or you could just get this one: http://www.uvprocess.com/products/Safety/Faceeye/uv_filter_face_shields.asp

Mabsy
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if they come in more colors???? You could make a real fashion statement and match it with your outfit. Trends have to start in other places besides the catwalk right?

Also, no need to worry about the reflection from the sidewalk - just sport a colorful scarf to complete the coordinated fashion look! Laughing Laughing
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:18 am      Reply with quote
mmmmmmm....I was hoping for something a tad more stylish, Mabsy Confused

Fairly, I love the idea of a shciaparelli (sp) pink one! Cool

Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Oh, *NOW* I get it. When Caspers Mum said "full" she REALLY did mean FULL Brick wall

Now THAT I haven't seen done....

Guapagirl - no biggie though. Just call up your local welder supply store and they'll hook you up Laughing Or you could just get this one: http://www.uvprocess.com/products/Safety/Faceeye/uv_filter_face_shields.asp

Mabsy

Yup. These are the "beauties" that I see Asian women from Vancouver suburbs such as Richmond wearing while out driving, etc. It's a wonder that their vision isn't obscured by these visors, and that they don't cause car accidents. Not only because of compromised perifferal vision, but by other drivers getting distracted when they see these freaky women "stormtroopers" (insert music from "Star Wars" here!) ... gawking, and thinking, "WHAT is THAT?!?!" I figure that their next step is to wear those isolation/anti-contaminant suits & masks (just like in the movie "E.T."). Maybe they'll start a trend.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I had images of something like......oh I dunno! Didn't they have something really cool in the woody allen film 'sleeper'? Sad
There must be something stylish out there!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
well Joan collins always wears big hat with a scarfy thing wrapped round the sides of her face and shades. She can pull it off and make it look stylish but I would look like granny grimble if I tried it. Cool Whats wrong with my paper bag idea or you could wrap pink tissue paper round face and tie in a pretty bow on top
Caspers Mum

Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Guess what I saw in a wholesale sporting goods store today, ladies? The very visors that we've been talking about! Shock They were about $12, and the girl in the shop and I had a good laugh about them! It was navy blue, with a blue-grey facial mask.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
See it's already a trend since it's available in retail stores! Navy blue/gray is not my color though and I won't have anything to match - so will have to pass on this one.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:46 am      Reply with quote
funnily enough I watched a programme about art schools in the 50s and 60s and the effect they had on fashion, and they showed a girl wearing one which looked really cool! Cool

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |