Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Stimulec Facial Plus
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
olivoil

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello all, i'm new here and fascinated by all these forums with info on skincare, tools etc being crazy on home treatments and gadgets myself, i wondered if anybody owns a stimulec facial plus toner If so let me know, i've just bought one and not sure what to make of it. It seems i will have to keep changing the electrodes around my face during the 25 min treatment to cover all areas i need to but it seems a shame to keep to interrupting the programme to do so. can this be right? I would be grateful if anyone else can shed some light on this. Have a beautiful day!
olivoil

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello there again, i shall answer my own question as i have just contacted the dealer for stimulec with my queries. It seems that you must use the entire length of the programme (25 mins) on one area of the face at a time
treating each face area separately with a new session. (stuff to do infront the t.v!)
I think this is a fabulous gadget with 5 facial programmes and the service on-line and post-service has been 5 star! Recommended.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping since MaxDamian just brought up this topic!

MaxDamian wrote:
I think it's great that there are ems (for muscle) devices like Safetox. I see plenty of collagen enriched faces but that's not enough. As we get older we control our emotions and facial muscles atrophy due to disuse (and aging). Entropy is inevitable.

I use the Stimulec facial plus from Verity Medical. I prefer the cheek positions and use the settings for Lines and Tightening. Uses universal ets (electrodes). Runs for 20-25 mins. Battery & belt clip runs on 9v. Very long batt life. Inexpensive, and wow results. My cheeks lift up and my smiles come easily. I also have a Neurotrac XL from Verity which is for body muscles and is amazing. Neurotrac also has some beauty settings but have not explored. These are very strong units and have 22 levels.

MaxDamian wrote:
Yes verity is UK. I just googled and not sure who carries it now. I think I bought it for about 65 Uk pounds incl shipping about a year ago from Win-Health. They shipped quickly to me on the west coast without any customs or duties. Verity should be able to tell you about who the online or conventional retailers are.

Stimulec is a great product and sadly not much blogging and reviews on it. Poor marketing? Never really target marketed at the beauty market. You place 2 pairs of ets, one on each side of your face and you can adjust the power to each side independently. 70% of beauty is symmetry and can help if your face is a tad out of balance.

Hope it is still being made, if not I hope you can find one somewhere on clearance. Good chance you can pick it up in your city if you have a medical / physiotherapy /rehabilitation supply store that sells Neurotrac.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
This it? http://www.galeriemedicale.com/cliniques-hopitaux/physiotherapie/gamme-neurotrac/neurotrac-stimulec-facial-plus.html

That looks like it. Here is another one with more info (I can't seem to make this go into a shopping basket, and don't see an email address)

http://www.zennodesign.com/FACIAL/english/index.html

And some more:

This one does NOT ship to the US Sad
http://www.physiosupplies.com.au/acatalog/Facial_Muscle_Stimulator_Machine.html

This one is $400!!
http://www.painrelief.co.nz/store,shop,2,1,StimulecFacialPl.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just sent an email to 2 ebay sellers that were carrying the replacemebt electrodes and asked if they sold the unit as well. I'll let everyone know if I hear back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Bethany - have you checked out the Slendertone Face?

5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:49 am      Reply with quote
This seller is offering them for approx $100.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Neurotrac-Stimulec-Facial-Plus-Neurofacial-Anti-Aging_W0QQitemZ370342633063QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Beauty_Gesichtspflege_Gesichtspflege?hash=item563a241e67

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:32 am      Reply with quote
A UK ebay seller used to sell the Stimulec and touted it as a cheaper option to Cleo, she still sells pads for it. Always wondered how it compared to the Cleo Q (hated, HATED its electrodes, though reading the forums here I think I was over-zealous with the Tac Gel and contributed to the awful prickly feeling by ruining the contacts on the electrodes. And they were expensive! Also broke one of the leads within a few months, which was the final straw for me).

Are all these EMS devices pretty much the same? I have a Tua Viso now and use it nearly every day. I much prefer the water and cheap replacement pads option (using Spontex sponge cloths cut out Wink). Anyone compared them?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:57 am      Reply with quote
I have the Tua Viso and Slendertone Face - I'm basically underwhelmed with both of these devices and don't think they do much at all.

The Slendertone Face is much easier to use because it's a headset that's just positioned onto the face. I'm just not convinced that any lifting can be gained from these types of devices.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I have the tuo viso and never saw any improvement. I also had the Suzanne Sommers gadget and never saw any improvement there either. I've come to the conclusion that nothing will ever be able to reduce the force of gravity once it starts. Like my husband always tells me why don't you just learn to age gracefully.

I also have used other gadgets, again nothing. So I think I will just learn to live with it try to treat my skin with good creams and sunscreen and let nature take its course, because there is no way I will have a face lift, much too expensive and too long to heal.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
As I'm 38, I use it (Tua Viso) more as a preventative measure, but I don't look in the mirror and say Wow!

I do think Ageless helps my eyes a bit, at least the eye exercises. I'm wondering whether to go for FE.

As for my skin texture, don't ask. Still looking for the Holy Grail!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Verity UK yesterday asking for the cost of the Stimulec. An email came back saying they did not sell to the public - that was all it said!

I have emailed again today & asked if they can direct me to a seller, either UK based or an overseas company willing to send to the UK. Seems the people at Verity don't want to sell their products, how unhelpful was that for a reply. Let's see what comes back to my second email.

No score on Googling the product either, anything looking hopeful has URL no longer available, perhaps this product has died a death, helped along by its distributor - gee.

I too hated my Cleo, it is mouldering in the cupboard, I only ever used the face part although I purchased the entire body gym system - sucker that I am.

Does the Stimulec allow you to tone all of the face at one sitting with the 4 electrodes in place? Or is it like the Cleo, where you had to use it for half a century on the top half of your face before moving onto the lower half? phew, it really was a non-starter.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy, I could try mailing the ebay seller if you like. I had a look myself out of curiosity earlier and didn't come up with much, either.

Though this ebay seller advertises Cleo (mind you the II version) as a device for "lifting" skin. I have the feeling these work for some people, and not for others.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
This seller is offering them for approx $100.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Neurotrac-Stimulec-Facial-Plus-Neurofacial-Anti-Aging_W0QQitemZ370342633063QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Beauty_Gesichtspflege_Gesichtspflege?hash=item563a241e67

I emailed him last night...he replied and said the unit had been discontinued. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
It's the "kegel exercise" EMS units that make me pull worse faces than any facial exercise would Laughing (the thought of them, I mean, I don't have one!!).

I emailed the ebay seller, out of nosiness, anyway. If I hear anything I'll report back.

MaxDamian
5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
ljk, you can't see the value of strong kegels? Very Happy

Ohhhh... the memories of a Steppenwolf!!!

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
They have it at this place:

http://www.galeriemedicale.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=stimulec&x=24&y=15

I emailed them and ask them if I could use it if I had botox, the person said no problem but he recommended something else to use along with it called Skinbelle, at this same site:

http://www.galeriemedicale.com/skinbelle.html

I found it in another site, cheaper, but looks like a different model :

http://www.celazomeskin.com/products/52/Skinbelle-IPL.aspx

Anyone knows about this gadget? It looks multifunctional but a bit expensive.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Was looking at the new gadgets - the skinbelle
has many of the features of the facemate -
+/- ions, red LED, ultrasound, microcurrent but the facemate is much less expensive.
Think I would so more research before spending that kind of money - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I see, DiPhx.

http://www.ycyhealth.com/products/UltrasonicBeauty/FacemateES330.asp

The Facemate also has a "skin moisture test".
Nice ! Very Happy
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
You know I'm looking at my Neurotrac XL which is preprogrammed with programs of 150 pulse with 450. I'll check, I think it refers to milliseconds.

This is suitable for skeletal muscles... and can even make your gluteus maximus squeeze hard.

I use the Tightening and Lines programs on the Stimulec which use 65 to 80 pulse width.

I noticed that the XL has a couple of programmable modes where I can set the pulse width from 0 to 450. Plus other parameters. I'll try it and let you guys know if it does the same as the stimulec plus it can squeeze your bum.

margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
You know I'm looking at my Neurotrac XL which is preprogrammed with programs of 150 pulse with 450. I'll check, I think it refers to milliseconds.

This is suitable for skeletal muscles... and can even make your gluteus maximus squeeze hard.

I use the Tightening and Lines programs on the Stimulec which use 65 to 80 pulse width.

I noticed that the XL has a couple of programmable modes where I can set the pulse width from 0 to 450. Plus other parameters. I'll try it and let you guys know if it does the same as the stimulec plus it can squeeze your bum.

Yes, please Max! keep us posted! It is nice to find new eager and enthusiastic posters around willing to share their experiences with these kind of gadgets!!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
The UK ebay seller hasn't replied but I found a Stimulec Facial Plus for sale: http://www.beautyadviceline.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=30 (copy/paste the links in the address bar, or click Number 2 "face lifting machine/facial exerciser/stimlec toner" on the Popular Products list on the left). £79.99, not sure about postage.

What must this feel like? (Neurotrac Continence):
http://www.beautyadviceline.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=35 Max, I'll stick to the ping pong balls Laughing (kidding)!

There are a few sellers of the Stimulec pads on ebay and elsewhere.

I admire your inquisitive mind and desire to experiment Max, very impressive!

MaxDamian
5% products discount

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:48 am      Reply with quote
ljk, I'll bring a paddle, but I think you may score more points with the audience.

Well I feel inspired by all of you gals... and if I ever step over the line, feel free to pm & chide me, I won't be defensive because I do respect that this is primarily a female enclave.

Here is a short course on electrics. I want to strip away the mystique around these electronic beauty devices.

1) Electricity: the flow of electrons. Subatomic particles you cannot see but can feel.
2) Amps (amperes): The amount of electrons that have passed in a second. Just think about it as a active quantity, like a dozen flying arrows. Then there are milliamps 1/1000 of an amp.
3) Volts: If you turn up the pressure in your plumbing more water will flow out of your garden hose. Same thing, more voltage, then more electrons. More wind more arrows.
4) Watts = Amps X Volts, the total energy being conducted.

Safetox, Tua Viso, Neurotrac, Stimulec etc... refer to pulse width and afew other things and I will explain lsoon. All variations of the same thing.

I hope to explore the programmable feature of the neurotrac and will let you know.

Lilac19
5% products discount

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I found a product that is very similar to the Suzanne Sommers gadget. It has those round pads that you put on the face. I never had any luck with the Suzanne Sommers product, is this one on the same order and does anyone know how much it would cost in US dollars.
I tried to contact them but the button does not work.

http://beautyadviceline.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=31
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Lilac19 wrote:
I found a product that is very similar to the Suzanne Sommers gadget. It has those round pads that you put on the face. I never had any luck with the Suzanne Sommers product, is this one on the same order and does anyone know how much it would cost in US dollars.
I tried to contact them but the button does not work.

http://beautyadviceline.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=31
That's the Cleo II, the older version of the Cleo Q. Strangely, I've read some reviews where people state that model is better than the Q.

The Cleo Q is more pedometer-sized rather than a bulkier unit and takes less time. Think it does fewer points, too. Photoqueen had/has one if I remember right?

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |