Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Facial Steamer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the Derma Vapor Ionic Facial Steamer Super Spa. Fingers crossed that it's a good one.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
For the most part the benefits of steaming far outweigh the risks. Rosacea skin cause get major damage from steamers including flushing and broken capillaries. In fact broken cappilaries are a common risk for all skin types with steaming. Steam also stimulates oil production so its a major no no for oily and acneic skin. And as far as steam opening pores this is a myth, pores have no muscular mechanism therefore they don't open and close. Think about it would you want to close your pores? How would oil, toxins and sweat escape? The only thing I would recommend steam for would be the old towel over a bowl of hot water with eucalyptus so sinus trouble and even then don't stay under too long.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
To answer one of your question, Panasonic Ion Facial Steamer is from Japan.
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my steamer off ebay. It has hot & cold steam, the hot has an ozone option. It is on rolling casters so it can be stashed in a closet and rolled out to steam while you watch Dancing with the Stars. Things to remember with any professional-style steamer with an arm:

Only use distilled water, this will keep your steamer in good working order.

Take out the water reservoir when finished (let it cool first or use oven mitts) and empty the water so it doesn't get funky before you use it again.

Clean your steamer periodically, just drag it outside and fill the reservoir with water and a tablespoon or two of plain white vinegar and let it cycle through. Again, empty the reservoir when finished (careful, it's hot).

Even if your steamer says "aromatherapy" do not put ANYTHING besides distilled water in the reservoir. If it is aromatherapy there will be a little spongy fabric thingy that you can drop a few drops of essential oil onto and then place in the head of the steamer where the steam comes out. Putting flammable material in the steamer is a great way to burn the house down, and not to mention ruin your nice steamer.

I think that a big bowl of steamy water and a towel is every bit as good as a professional steamer (well, except the lack of ozone) and it's nice to be able to add a drop or two of essential oils or a handful of dried herbs to target your skin's specific needs
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm going to ask Santa for a facial steamer Smile

Can anyone recommend a good one in the $40 - $100 range? (I.e., not cheap, but not expensive). On Amazon, I've narrowed it down to

* Paragon Facial Vaporizer with Aroma Therapy
http://www.amazon.com/Paragon-Facial-Vaporizer-Aroma-Therapy/dp/B00178RONK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

* Secura Hot & Cool Facial Steamer Micro-fine Mist Sauna w/ Essence Oil and Herbal Therapy
http://www.amazon.com/Secura-Steamer-Micro-fine-Essence-Therapy/dp/B004ML689A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Does the micro-fine mist make a difference, or is it not essential to have that in a steamer? What about the ozone? And the cold mists?

And is the Parasonic one that people are raving about in the > $150 range? Because that's all I could find.

Thanks in advance for any help! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if steamers are any better than steaming your face from a pot over the stove?
alphazy
5% products discount

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Any reviews on the Panasonic Ion steamer? They are currently having a discount here and it's 40% off!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |