Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Syringoma or under eye bumps
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,

I am new here and have joined in the hope that someone maybe able to help with a rather distressing skin problem I have. I suffer from syringoma around my eyes Sad . In case you don’t know syringoma is the little bumps some people get on the skin around their eyes. I am nearly 30 now and the problem has been getting worse over time. I had heard that a TCA peel might help but after recently doing one it seems to have revealed more!
I have seen my Doctor about it here in the UK about it but was told it was a cosmetic issue so they wouldn't do anything. Has anyone here had any success in treating syringoma permanently? Any advice would be great as it is really starting to get me down and damage my confidence.

Many thanks,

Pandora
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
The only way to get rid of syringomas is to have carbon dioxide laser ablation. They would tend to come back again after a while, so you need to use Retin-A or similar prescription cream from a dermatologist to try and prevent this. I had this condition and thought they were milia and could be treated by creams or lotions, but was told otherwise by a dermatologist. It is better to deal with them early rather than wait as they would become more numerous and harder to treat because they would join up together to form bigger bumps.

In the UK, you would most likely have to go privately to have them dealt with, or else take a holiday abroad somewhere you can get them done more cheaply. Downtime is about 2 weeks waiting for the scabs to drop off, but they don't look too bad after about a week. You may need more than one session of laser if some of the bumps don't flatten completely after the scabs drop off. That is the difficulty with going abroad to have them done, because you can't return easily for follow up treatment. See if you can get a package deal from the private doc in the UK that includes touch ups for those that need further lasering after the initial treatment.
rhensel
5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I, too, have this same problem. My dermatologist told me there was nothing she could do for syringoma. I tried home glycolic and TCA peels to no avail. I even had nonablative laser with zero results. Out of desperation, I did some research online and found a product called Wart Mole Vanish. I am hesitant to recommend this, but it did seem to work for me. (You can go to Wart Mole Vanish dot com for more infomation.) I have to be very clear--this is not a quick fix. This involves about 10 days of downtime for scabs to fall off NATURALLY. You can only treat syringomas that are not touching. For example, if you have a cluster, you can only treat a few in the cluster (that are not next to each other) at any one time. So if you have a lot of syringoma, this will be a multi-stage process. Once my scabs fell off, I thought I was scarred for life. The skin was reddened and raised. The texture was very uneven. The redness covered easily with concealer but it was the texture that concerned me. I have to be honest, at this point I would have rather have had my syringoma back! Then I discovered Curad Scar Therapy Strips. I wore them under my eyes every night for eight weeks. I did not really begin to see any improvement for about seven weeks. Now, the skin underneath my eyes looks so much better than it did before I treated my syringoma. The scar strips took away all the redness and the texture is even now. I treated about 20 syringoma. Several are completely gone, a few are smaller, and a few have come back. I need to do another treatment but I just don't have the downtime yet. So yes this worked for me but not without a lot of stress and "uglies." I don't, however, regret doing it and I plan to treat again, soon. If you do decide to try this, I would recommend you treat only one syringoma the first time to see if this is something that might work for you. HTH
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
m1rox and rhensel,

Thank you both for replying. I am looking into the possibility of CO2 Laser treatment here in the UK. I don't think it is that widely used but I am sure some private derms must use it. It will probably be quite expensive but I feel more encouraged to persue it if you have had good results.
I have been trying to treat with TCA peels, copper peptides and Retin A. I am not really very sure if this works too well as some days the syringomas seem worse than others.
I have looked at the wart mole vanish product but I didn't think that it would be suitable for syringoma. I am a bit hesitent as I think it is quite a similer method as the tca/super cop I am already using but I am really prepared to try anything.
I did see a dermatologist on the NHS who told me that nothing could be done for syringoma and as the problem was only cosmetic I shouldn't be wasting her time. I find this so frustrating as syringoma can actually be quite disfiguring and I feel it has impacted badly on my confidence in the past few years. I find the skin under my eyes is getting lines inbetween the bumps in strange places the skin bunches up around them if I smile. I know this is a bit of a moan but there seem to be treatment options for all these various skin problems but Syringoma seems to be forgotton even though a lot of people supposedly suffer from it, it just feels it isn't taken very seriously by Doctors Sad .

Anyway enough of the rant, thank you both again for your responses

Pandora
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have a mild case of this, I could liken it to having chicken skin. At first I thought it was to do with congestion and sebum plugs, as the rest of the skin on my face is of similar texture but it is caused by sebum. I never considered them a serious issue until I tried to use concealers and they highlighted the bumps terribly.

When Mabsy first reviewed the Cellcosmet eyecream, she said it helped greatly with this chicken skin texture. Now I have started using the cream as well and it really does smooth out the skin.

Perhaps you could look at a rich eye cream with enrich cellular ingredients to help.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Miranets, I do have some chicken skin like texture although I have several larger more obvious bumps. I too have found that trying to use make up over these bumps just makes it worse. I will check out that eye cream.
Thanks again!
Tarah

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Pandora, just wondering if you have had any success thus far in curing your syringomas and what you have tried?
joliejolie86

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
So I have some syrignoma around my eyes. The ones under my eyes didn't really bother me, but when I started getting them on my eyelids, I became rather concerned. I tried to get them cauterized off to no avail. Then I did some reading about different treatments and started this regimen: exfoliating them twice daily (for about 15-20 seconds each) with Dark Angels by Lush and then applying salicylic acid zit gel (ie: Clean and Clear, but I use CVS generic). After a couple weeks, they are significantly more even in texture and almost unnoticeable. Good luck ladies, I know how stressful it is to have something to wrong with your beautiful face!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |