Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Anyone ever hit pan on a powder blush?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have two powder blushes, and use one or the other of them most days. Now, I do have to use them sparingly because I'm pretty pale and don't want to look clownish...but there's only the very slightest sign that either of them has been used, after better than two years of use. It's the cosmetic equivalent of the loaves and fishes miracle.

Okay, so I'm not complaining or anything, but I can't justify trying any new ones till I've made a dent in the ones I have. (Can I?)
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Took me a sec to figure out what hitting 'pan' meant, lol. Yes! The one and only is my Cargo blush. It doubles as a day eye shadow sometimes too!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Candy, What color Cargo blush is that????
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
My dear you can justify ANYTHING around here! Wink

Ive hit the pan on my NARS orgasm blush twice, it took me about 2 years both times as well, thats how I justify the cost. See how that works? Cool

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
YES, I've hit pan in less than a year with "Star Fish" by Sweet Leilani. Its for the palest of pale skin tones but I have a med skin tone and I love this. Its impossible to put too much on. See it atwww.sweetleilani.com
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oooo, I just went to that site to look at the blush...another lemming born! Bad Grin

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Prague - Image

sister sweets wrote:
Candy, What color Cargo blush is that????

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
What a cool expression - "hitting pan". I like that. Laughing

Though there is no pan per se, the one blush I've had to scrape the bottom of the jar of is Aromaleigh's Verve. It is the perfect blush with just the slighest glow to it - not too red, or peach, or pink.....love it. Very Happy

Dang it, Candy that Cargo blush looks lovely as well....hmmmm..hello Sephora?

You can simply never have too many blushes...ummmm or lipglosses...

Maria Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Ooooh...that Prague does look pretty. If I can get some more work done this week, maybe I can take a long lunch hour and hesad to Sephora to check it out. (Despite having what appears to be a lifetime supply of blush...)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
The Prague color does look pretty. And wearable.
And you liked it so much you used it all - says a lot since I have many that will never see that.
unsassy
5% products discount

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Only one and that's Urban Decay Fetish, kind of a shimmery rose. I think it helps that it's a small pan for a blush!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Just once-- a Victoria's Secret blush that was the perfect shade of rose. I still have it, though. After I hit pan, it cracked. So I scooped it out into a little pot with a lid, and I still use it! Maybe I should find a new rose colored blush.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
The only brush I hit the pan was Lauren Huttons. The color of her blush is perfect for me. Smile Right now I am trying MAC Cream blush and quite like it. Next on my wish list is Julie Hewett's cream blush. Cream blush gives me a nice soft look.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Milani Luminous and now it's discontinued Sad
rachels
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
The one I hit the pan was Benefit Dandelion. I apply it all over on my face. It's a perfect light pink.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I hit pan on the Benefit Dandelion too - I think it was my first time ever. It IS a very nice color.
I want to try the Prague Prada color Candy mentioned!
Gemstar
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
NARS Orgasm and Angelika. Took ages for me to hit pan though so definitely good value!
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
JI Barely rose. This might have been partly due to it being the only blush I took while travelling, so it was basically used every day!As soon as i hit pan the rest of it cracked so that was the end of it...though I tried to use up the crumbs. I don't know if it is just my perception (because they come in a small container) but the JI blushes seem quite a small size to me. The back of it says 2.8g/0.1oz.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
haha... it also took me a while to figure what is "hitting pan"!

I've "hit pan" on eye shadows, but never blush on! in fact, i've just bought a new Benefit peach color blush on 2 days ago!! Cool
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I had a good laugh at this one!!! I have only hit the pan once, and sadly by the time I got there...the color had been discontinued!!! Bad Grin THat's a definite risk when it takes so long to use something up!
Mabsy

Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:05 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Okay, so I'm not complaining or anything, but I can't justify trying any new ones till I've made a dent in the ones I have. (Can I?)

Yes you can - works for me Wink

From memory, I've only ever hit pan on two blushes. One was a Jane blush that Carrie had sourced for me ages ago and the other was a Jane Iredale blush (very lovely blush).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Never, but that's not a fair answer because I don't regularly wear blush. I am really pale and it's easy to overdo it on my skin plus I like a very natural look. What I have done is hit pan on eyeshadows. I stared at it and said to myself, "So that's what the bottom looks like..." Smile
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Funny you should say that. I just hit pan on an eyeshadow today!
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have lots of blush, but the two I hit the pan are: Jane Iredale cotton candy, and Milani luminous. Like Barefootgirl said, it's discontinued. Mad
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
What a cool expression - "hitting pan". I like that. Laughing

I like this too! It's definitely going to become a new EDS term that we'll have to define in the Great Acronym Post, haha. How much you wanna bet we'll all be posting about our "HP" experiences soon (and NOT in reference to Harry Potter)?!

So anyway, I don't normally wear powder blush, but I just hit pan with an eye shadow for the first time in YEARS. I had only ever hit pan on those tiny Aveda eye shadows before, and it was mainly because they'd always crack on me. But there's this Tarte shade in a Sephora rewards palette that I just adore and use almost daily - it's a neutral shimmery taupe, not too dark and not too red-toned, and it looks so great with my coloring. Not sure of the name since it's part of that package set, but this thread is about blush anyway so never mind. Laughing

GREAT new term, flitcraft!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |