Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Reviews: In search of the ideal sheer lipsticks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Melanie - couldn't get the Labello - Amazon sight to work.... Crying or Very sad I wanted to check it out.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Melanie - couldn't get the Labello - Amazon sight to work.... Crying or Very sad I wanted to check it out.

Just go to http://www.amazon.com and search for labello rose and you should be able to find it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Wow! Thanks everyone for all these wonderful suggestions. Today I finally took my field trip to Sephora to check out their lipsticks, and what a disappointment! Since my last visit (okay, probably a year ago...) the place has really changed. Lots of lines gone (Becca, Pout, Cargo, and saddest of all to me, Vincent Longo.) Seems they are concentrating more on popular department store type brands--Clinique, Shiseido, Nars, etc. as well as their own brand. I asked a helpful Sales Assistant for the 531 and 529 lipsticks to try, but they've changed all the numbers. She did show me a few candidates, but they were not at all sheer but matte nude (which she assured me would look great on me, but which sadly did not.)

While I was there, I thought I'd check out the recommended Clinique Almost Lipsticks in Black Honey and Black Raisin. Black Honey was nicely sheer but a tad too cool--it turns fuchsia on me. But Black Raisin is gorgeous--it is exactly raisin colored and very, very sheer. Definitely a winner for me.

If you like the almost lipstick, you might also want to try the Different lipsticks. I recently received Tender Heart in a free gift, and it's very sheer, just enhances my natural lip color, and is soft and wearable.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I received two Vincent Longo lipsheers - Nude and Belle Etoile. Beautiful. The nude is truly the biggest surprise of the two. It enhances the natural color I've worked so hard on with L2K - Just the right amount of color and the right blend. A perfect natural YLBB for me. Happy Camper.
The Belle Etoile is also nice - more dressed up - certainly more obvious lipstick - looks great alone or layered over the nude.
I am now considering getting the Cherry color? Has anyone tried this? These and the Julie Hewett are my favorite things in my makeup bag these days -
Thanks to Flitcraft.... For suggesting all of these.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Clinique butterhine in soft pink...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
I love Cliniques almost lipstick in honey- its a great natural pink shade on my golden complexion.

I really like Clinique Black Honey. I purchased a full size. The last GWP at the Bay Canada had Black Honey as one of the gifts. I actually purchased two GWP so I have two extra. I also bought Almost Blush in the Almost Lipstick series. This one is very pretty when it goes on - pinkish but the colour does not last at all.

Clinique does have a lot of sheer lipsticks. I would check out a counter.

Also L'oreal colour juice lipsticks are very sheer, shiney and available everywhere for under $10.00. They do go on sale every once in a while.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on the delphi forums a lot and ithink i just discovered my favorite sheer lip product ever. It's from silk naturals and i purchased the color in "birthday suit" even though i am normally not a nude lip color gal. well it arrived and i love it! it gives my lips such a moisture with just a little bit of shine and just the right amount of color. The best thing is it's only about $4 and shipping is like $2! I just ordered 3 more shades to play with.

http://www.silknaturals.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=31&osCsid=f4fce4ead01a4f703f907de0b8152e1a

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Don't want to hijack this thread, but which forums do you like over on delphi, Kris? TIA Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi tjsmom,

I frequent the Garden of Wisdom (GoW) and Mineral Makeup Mania (MMM). Here are the links:

http://login.prospero.com/dir-login/index.asp?webtag=mineralmania&lgnDST=http%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edelphiforums%2Ecom%2Fmineralmania%2Fmessages%2F%3Fstart%3DStart%2BReading%2B%253E%253E

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=gardenofwisdom&nav=start&prettyurl=%2Fgardenofwisdom%2Fstart

There's lots of information on both. I am not sure if you're familiar with delphi, but you only register once and can navigate between GoW and MMM using the drop down menu on the top. there's also other skin care forums there that i visit on occasion such as the all natural beauty forum and make it yourself.

Hope you see you there Smile

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kris Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Though I haven't tried them, I've heard Cover Girl True Shine lipsticks are really great-- sheer and wearbale.

I like Clinque Butter Shine lipsticks. My favorite is I'm Yours, a pale golden pink.

True shine are indeed very nice and sheer.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
love clarins sheer lipsticks...lovely
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I like Mac Lipsticks. Some of them are very sheer. I love Hug Me!! It's the best!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the CHERRY color in the Vincent Longo sheers?
I totally love NUDE and Belle Etoile (Love that name). I am not near a sephora or any high end places to check this out.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I always used Diors line of sheer lipsticks. They go on nicley, don't taste weird and come in lovely, shiney, glamorous packages! I am a sucker for that! Cool
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I have found some very nice sheer lipsticks lately from Avon. They're called Glazewear Lipsticks.
http://shop.avon.ca/avonshop_en/default.asp

I've got Toasted Tawny(my favorite), Honey Bare(closeish to Clinique Black Honey),Coral Gables(gorgeous summer color)and Juicy Aprict(another lovely spring/summer color). they are a bit shiny but not sticky and they feel lovely on the lips.

These are the best lipsticks i have tried in years and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them from people who normally never notice what I look like (for instance my BIL).

Check them out, they're nice and cheap too!

oh, i almost forgot that I love L'Oreal Colour Juice Stick Sheer Light Lucious, Chai Love You color and L'Oreal Colour Juice Stick Sheer Light Lucious, Personali-Tea. Fabulous nude and shiny and smells great too. I bet their other colors are great as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Flit: Thanks, I'm 51 and I inly wear shear lipsticks. I Like Clinique's honey color and some of the Burt's Bees but I do not see that any of these last very long on my lips. What is the longest lasting sheer color you have tried.
Thanks.
Lisa
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, sister sweets, Glad that you're liking the VL nude and belle etoile colors. Unfortunately, my local Sephora has stopped carrying this line, so I can't check out Cherry for you. My memory was that it was a somewhat cool crimson color. I wish I could be more helpful, but it's been months since I saw it last.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky (or should I say Lisa?), I wish I could tell you I know a sheer lipstick with really good lasting power, but I don't. I think that Jane Iredale is pretty good in that regard, followed by Julie Hewett's bijou sheers, and then Vincent Longo. But honestly, none of them have much staying power. The price we pay for sheerness, I suppose.
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
For sheer lipstick I think a very wonderful one, with treatment, is Smashbox Tinted Treatment Lipstick. I personally love Beam.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I love, love, love my Bobbi Brown Lip Sheer in Bare. I actually keep several spares in the fridge just in case they discontinue it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
i would like to add the sisley lipsticks..

they have high coverage, but also very nice natural colours...

and - it has a very good lasting power..
even if you think, its gone - it must have been - you will find your lips still coloured...

a few come with sparkles in it, but most of them just with a nice satin like shine...
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
My new favorite sheer lipstick is NARS in Mindgame.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Jom, can you describe the Mindgame? Does it have any orange or red in this?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Jom, can you describe the Mindgame? Does it have any orange or red in this?

It's a sheer red-brown, kind of a brandy color.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |