Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz)
Desperate - dark purplish circles, under-eye hollows
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I need the best possible corrector and concealer, the stuff I have been using is just not cutting it anymore. I am mid-40s, fair skin, pink undertones, but neutral skintone, maybe a bit on the cool side.

Please provide suggestions? What really works the best? At this point, money is no option, I am desperate not to look old or worn out!

Thanks!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Join the club! Laughing

In my similar search, I've come across 2 that work pretty well for me. The first is Guerlain Issima Precious Light Concealer and the second is the By Terry Light Expert (which is actually a foundation, but I use it as an undereye circle concealer).

These both give decent (not full, though) coverage without - and this is extremely important at our age - making under eye lines look worse. I think that the By Terry does look better on me, but I'm beginning to find that it dries my skin a little so will probably switch back to the Guerlain eventually.
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I need the best possible corrector and concealer, the stuff I have been using is just not cutting it anymore. I am mid-40s, fair skin, pink undertones, but neutral skintone, maybe a bit on the cool side.

Please provide suggestions? What really works the best? At this point, money is no option, I am desperate not to look old or worn out!

Thanks!

Hi Smile I have the same problem. The only product that covers my circles is Dermablend, anything else I've tried just doesn't cut it. If you do find another product that does the job, please post!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use Physician's Formula concealer stick.
Dark purplish circles can sometimes be an indication of an allergy or anemia.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies! I am taking notes.

I went to a dermatologist yesterday who recommends Restylane to fill in the eye hollows and eliminated the shadows...

I have read up on this...many complain of lumpiness under the eye and say the result doesn't last very long Sad - maybe a few months
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
HBarefootgirl, I had the same problem as you with the undereyehollows or the sunken look until I discovered valmont eye collagen mask.j
It takes a about a few times to work, but then it replumps the eye area and permanently if you keep using it and it gets better, my eyes are almost as good as when I was in my twenties, really plumped out that area. I almost cant believe it. Im not really sure how it works but it works.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have dark circles. However, I deal with bags. Bad Grin I was just reading about a product on EDS that I have not seen before for dark circles. It sounds fantastic: Azure HydroPeptide Eye Extreme Dark Circle Concentrate

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/azure-hydropeptide-eye-ex-p_7412.htm

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
KrazyKat wrote:
HBarefootgirl, I had the same problem as you with the undereyehollows or the sunken look until I discovered valmont eye collagen mask.j
It takes a about a few times to work, but then it replumps the eye area and permanently if you keep using it and it gets better, my eyes are almost as good as when I was in my twenties, really plumped out that area. I almost cant believe it. Im not really sure how it works but it works.

I see they only come in packs of 5, sadly, and am wondering how often you need to use them, please?

They certainly sound very interesting indeed.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I just read this today about an ingredient in Remergent Microcirculation Therapy that is supposed to help with dark eye circles and bruising.

http://www.pharmalive.com/News/index.cfm?articleid=478552&categoryid=40

Have you tried Remergent Microcirculation Therapy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm also a huge fan of Light Expert by Terry. I have same prob and although high coverage concealers hide circles you can see make up on the skin. I think this is a real miracle product - it really makes circles disappear and you can't see it. I think it has also improved mine - they are better. THink it also has hyalauronic acid in it which plumps up skin. I;ve shown it to friends whi are all amazed and have bought it. It can really take 10 years off some people. I can't enthuse about it enough - It's wonderful!!!!
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes, they do just come with a few masks. There tends to be far more of the precurser liquid and post collagen liquid, so I go ahead and finish these up on some organic paper-towel (I know, I know). It still works really well, and I would say It takes about 2-3 months to finish this product (at about 2x per week).
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:18 am      Reply with quote
KrazyKat wrote:
Yes, they do just come with a few masks. There tends to be far more of the precurser liquid and post collagen liquid, so I go ahead and finish these up on some organic paper-towel (I know, I know). It still works really well, and I would say It takes about 2-3 months to finish this product (at about 2x per week).

That's really useful. Thanks so much. And I think the paper towel trick's actually a great idea! Very Happy

Right, well, that's going on my list for my next order.
GirlOnline
5% products discount

Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
I use veil cover cream [available online] - it gives THE best cover I have ever found in *any* make-up. Depending on the colour you're trying to reduce... you can add a lilac, green, yellow, or white layer. It works well with other make-ups, and comes out looking flawless covering up a whole bunch of things.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g)