Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)
is it ever too young to use anti-age creams?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 23 and have noticed a couple fine lines under my eyes (probably due to squinting a lot due to poor eye sight).
Should I be using eye creams yet?
Is it true that if i start using eye creams for wrinkles now, then if i am 50, these creams won't work as well?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think there is an "age" threshold, as soon as lines start appearing then the longer you leave them the deeper they will set.

If you start using an eye cream targeted for wrinkles, not just general moisturising, then I'd say that by the time you're 50 you'll have less wrinkles than your peers.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I agree with miranets.
However, a beauty counter SA told me that if you use products for mature skin then its likely that by the time you are old, there wont be other products/ingredients that will work for your skin. But then to argue this point, by the time you are old and wrinkly, there must be another doctor or scientist that has invented/discovered another miracle ingredient.

I have been using eye creams/gels for a couple of years now (Im 21). I usually purchase eye creams to brighten the eye area, not for wrinkles. But I sometimes use anti-wrinkle eye creams too when my eye area looks crepey.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
yeah I agree that anti wrinkles products should be use at a young age. You are trying to prevent wrinkles. It'll be too late if u use those products when wrinkles are already there. It's always better to prevent than cure in my opinion. Very Happy
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
hmm dont think there is a age limit but i dont think i would use them if under 15.......
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
i would use it. i don't think the anti-wrinkle and anti-aging products today work really well, especially when you have lines already. so i use it earlier in hopes that maybe it can help delay them Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes! Certainly I'd use an eye cream, but I'd stay away from anything too rich and I don't think you need a heavy-duty anti-wrinkle eye cream yet.

I like PSF's Phytolift as it has anti-wrinkle ingredients, anti-oxidanta and is a gel-base, so it's not rich (I find rich eye creams give me milia). I'm sure there's other eye creams/gels that people here can also recommend to you.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it is ever too late to prevent aging. Start with sunblock and vitamin C.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Eye cream is essential, not necessarily mean cream "designed"for the eye area but meaning you do have to moisture your eye area even though you dont feel the need to moisturize the rest of your face.
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think it depends on the product. If it contains ingredients that can have some side effects (e.g. retinoids/retinol and increased sensitivity), you will have to be careful. Using sunscreen daily is important for prevention since the sun is the NO. 1 factor in skin aging.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)