Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

AHA/Glycolic Lotions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
All,

I am trying to decide between a few products to smooth out skin on my arms and legs. It looks very uneven and I would like to try a treatment containing AHA or glycolic.. or any other ingredients you can recommend. Plus, I get those little bumps on the back of my arms. So far, I've seen that people like:

PTR 15% Glycolic Lotion
DDF Glycolic Body Wash
MD Formulations Body Lotion

If anyone has used these products, please let me know what you think about it.. thanks!
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Although I haven't tried any of the lotions mentioned, I have heard good things about PTR.

The #1 secret to keeping those pesty little bumbs off the back of your arms is to exfoliate everyday in the bath/shower with a loofah or body brush. Even skipping for a couple of days will bring the culprits back. Exfoliating body bars are available for days when you are in a rush (my 4yr old calles it "the scratchy soap").

Following with a lotion, espically one with hydroxy acids should help with the skin tone and texture. Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair lotion is really good.

Good Luck
Mabsy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Not on your list but MD Formulations Face & Body scrub (with AHA) is great for the little bumps. Not so good for use on the face though (too rough IMO).

Sorry, I haven't tried the products on you list so I can't comment.

mabsy

*Edited to say.... Duh!!!! Sorry, I didn't read the title properly and didn't realise you were after just lotions....
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both for the responses.. Mabsy, I will try anything so I'll give it a go with the body scrub.

Thanks again.
celine13
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:52 am      Reply with quote
You've probably been told this a million times but just in case you haven't Wink

Those little bumps we get on the backs of our arms are from slow turnover of our skin cells. Basically, to aid faster turnover, we just have to exfoliate the region in order to avoid the unsightly bumps.

A much cheaper alternative is to get a soap saver (I'm in love with the Body Shop's) or a bath mitten/loofah and lather up with your favourite shower gel and just after a few days of washing yourself all over with the loofah, you should see those little bumps magically dissapear!!

I myself have had it as long as I can remember and just after a week, their all GONE!

Oh yes, don't forget to moisturize after you've had your shower. I recommend BeneFit's Bathina for it's WONDERFUL smell!!! Yummy!!
Mabsy

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, body brushing is very effective for this too. Sorry I forgot to mention it, I must have been in a very lazy mood (my brain represses the idea of body brushing - too tedious - when I'm feeling lazy).

You should give it a go though, it'll take about 5 minutes a day but it is very effective. The Body Shop has a good brush for it as well.

Mabsy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
celine13 wrote:

Those little bumps we get on the backs of our arms are from slow turnover of our skin cells. Basically, to aid faster turnover, we just have to exfoliate the region in order to avoid the unsightly bumps.

A much cheaper alternative is to get a soap saver (I'm in love with the Body Shop's) or a bath mitten/loofah and lather up with your favourite shower gel and just after a few days of washing yourself all over with the loofah, you should see those little bumps magically dissapear!!

I myself have had it as long as I can remember and just after a week, their all GONE!

I know that body brushing works, but I think I like Celine13's suggestion above better. I'm lazy too! Gonna try it since I've had those little buggers for most of my life, but then seem to get worse as I age... probably because the cells don't turn over as efficiently.

If it works for me, I'll be getting Cheri to show me how she posts those little people who dance and cheer, etc. in my report! Laughing

JUDY

Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have used glymed glycolic products, specifically the Hydrating facial lotion. However, I can't say that I know if it would have helped with bumpy skin. It did make my skin more hydrated and "plumper".

A friend of mine had this problem and at the rec of a dermatologist, started taking omega 3 fatty acid supplements, and that largely took care of the problem for him. Good luck!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
rsenor wrote:

A friend of mine had this problem and at the rec of a dermatologist, started taking omega 3 fatty acid supplements, and that largely took care of the problem for him. Good luck!

How many did the derm recommend? I already take 6 flaxseed pills and 2 fish oil each day and it hasn't seemed to change mine.
JUDY

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |