Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need Help with Obagi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Drsunmei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your help. Retin A is not in the nu-derm system, so I have to buy separately?? Where to get?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Drsunmei wrote:
Thank you all for your help. Retin A is not in the nu-derm system, so I have to buy separately?? Where to get?

Yes. You can get Retin A from your derm, or even sometimes your family doctor will prescribe it. You can order it on line. Do a search on EDS here, as there are a lot of people who order on line. Retin A is probably the Most important part of Nu Derm!
sophie123
5% products discount

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
hi

back again to obagi, i gave up on this as it made my skin darker than it was to begin with when i used it for retin a
i hate using retin a its too strong for my skin im only 27 and using obagi has made my wrinkles seem more prominent, but just so desparately want to get rid of the dark patches on my chin and forehead area thats why im continuing to use the clear morning and evening, use exforte in morning but nothing else

can anyone pls tell me if it will help lighten the dark patches by just using the clear alone along with the exforte, because the rest of the products i dont like using especially retin a as it burns my skin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Sophie123, the Clear should work at lightening the dark spots. It may take a long while with just using that alone, and I am not sure how much lightening you will get with just the Clear. Just a thought, but have you considered the Obagi C-RX line? That one does not require Retin A. (The Exfoderm is an AHA and I would only use it a few times a week, as that is the one product that will make your skin red as a tomato. That is just my opinion, though. I think at only 27 you don't need anything harsh.)
sophie123
5% products discount

Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
hi riley girl

thankyou for ur advice, i will bear that in mind about the exforte and not use it as much now,glad u told me that, i dont mind how long the clear takes to lighten the dark patches as long as it works in doing so, i have also bought the obagi c serum which contains hydroquinone and vitamin c combined,i havent used it yet coz im a bit scared too im going away on holiday this friday to dubai and dont want to use any c product as last time i used c serum by vivien i think not good with names,its a top brand anyway available from this website, 20%c serum, then used clear on top next day i woke up with an orange face haha was not funny as the time as looked like i had used a fake tan that turned me orange it was heck of a job scubbing the top layer of my skin off,

so am saving the obagi c serum with hq for when i come back,from dubai

can anyone please recommend a fierce scub that will help me get rid of the load of flakiness im left with after using clear in a daily basis it dries out my skin immensely and always needs the top layer shedding can never manage to remove it evenly without peeling some of the good skin off which leaves me sore as hell- i had skin problems on the face Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sophie123, you can use the C with HQ in the morning and then the Clear at night. I would not use both products at the same time, ok?
sophie123
5% products discount

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
hi rilay girl

thanks for ur advice yes will use hq alone, but u told me to use it in the morning, does that mean i should use c serum first then clear on top in the morning, and just clear on its own at night?

or does that mean i shud use c serum without clear in the morning, then just clear at night

thankyou xxx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
sophie123 wrote:
hi rilay girl

thanks for ur advice yes will use hq alone, but u told me to use it in the morning, does that mean i should use c serum first then clear on top in the morning, and just clear on its own at night?

or does that mean i shud use c serum without clear in the morning, then just clear at night

thankyou xxx

I'm sorry, sophie123. I misread your post above. I thought you said you had the obagi c with HQ, but I see that you said you are saving up for it! That is what I was talking about not using the C with HQ at the same time as Clear. Until you have that particular C with HQ product, you can definitely use a C serum underneath your Clear and you can use Clear twice a day. Sorry for the confusion!
Drsunmei
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Should I use Retin A together for both am and pm?
Should I use 0.5% or 1%?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Drsunmei wrote:
Should I use Retin A together for both am and pm?
Should I use 0.5% or 1%?

Start with 0.025% and let your skin acclimate before moving up. Also, you only use retin a in the p.m.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="rileygirl"]You don't have to wait any length of time after the clear for the exfoderm, just wait until you feel the clear has absorbed in to your skin (few seconds).

If you don't use the clear, your freckles will not diminish. I would also recommend you get the blender, as that helps the Retin A penetrate deeper.

Also, be careful with Retin A during the day. It really is supposed to be used at night as it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. If you are using the RA during the day, make sure you stay out of the sun completely.

Just on a side note, be careful of using a different cleanser/toner. I tried to use a different toner when I was at about the 3 month mark. My face turned to a beat, and burned so badly. It took me a while to figure out that it was the off brand toner doing this. I am a firm believer that if you are going to use Obagi, use ALL the products at first to make sure your skin does not have any reactions before you start switching to different products. HTH.[/quote]

Hi Rileygirl, It looks like you know so much about the obagi nuderm. I have few questions. I have acne scars and I usually breakout just before my periods and I dont have any hyperpigmentation. But I would like to use obagi for peeling of old skin and to get new skin.
1.Is obagi nuderm system can be applied under the eyes?
2. Can males use the system for hyper pigmentation?
3.How long we need to use it initially before going to the maintenance phase?
4. In the booklet or website from obagi shows that clear can not be used around the eye area. Can we use toner, clear,ex forge under the eyes ? I do have fine lines and grooves below the eyes and dark spots on the eye lid. I am wondering about using the retin a and blender on eyelids and under the eyes?
5.How about using the moisturizer during this nu derm system? Can we use in day or night before applying makeup or alone?
6. Vitamin c serum can it be used before the third step?
7. How long do we have to wait before using each step and is it mandatory?
Thanks alot for your help in this matter.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
hima wrote:

1.Is obagi nuderm system can be applied under the eyes?
2. Can males use the system for hyper pigmentation?
3.How long we need to use it initially before going to the maintenance phase?
4. In the booklet or website from obagi shows that clear can not be used around the eye area. Can we use toner, clear,ex forge under the eyes ? I do have fine lines and grooves below the eyes and dark spots on the eye lid. I am wondering about using the retin a and blender on eyelids and under the eyes?
5.How about using the moisturizer during this nu derm system? Can we use in day or night before applying makeup or alone?
6. Vitamin c serum can it be used before the third step?
7. How long do we have to wait before using each step and is it mandatory?
Thanks alot for your help in this matter.

Hi, hima.

1. You can apply all the Nu Derm products under eyes and on eye lids except the Exfoderm.

2. Most definitely males can use the system for hyperpigmentation.

3. The program is 18 weeks of use and then you can begin maintenance.

4. All the products are fine to use around eyes and on eyelids except the Exfoderm. Your eyes will look worse before they look better, but you can use an eye cream to help in that area.

5. No moisturizer while on Nu Derm to get the best and fastest results.

6. Yes, a topical C product would go on after cleansing and toning and before you apply the Clear.

7. No wait time is needed. You apply the product and rub in completely - this can take a lot of rubbing as if you are following the protocol it is a lot of product. Once that product is rubbed in completely, you apply the next product, and repeat.

Hope that helps!
hima

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I have one more question regarding my lips and the lips are becoming darker for past few years and
I thought this is because of using lipsticks. Any suggestion of the product for lightening of lips. Help much appreciated............ Smile
Blue skies
5% products discount

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

6. Yes, a topical C product would go on after cleansing and toning and before you apply the Clear.

7. No wait time is needed. You apply the product and rub in completely - this can take a lot of rubbing as if you are following the protocol it is a lot of product. Once that product is rubbed in completely, you apply the next product, and repeat.

Hi Rileygirl!

As to the wait time between the products is it right that you should wait 30 minutes after the C serum? I think I read that somewhere on this forum and this makes my morning routine WAY to long! So now I am only using the C serum in the weekends Rolling Eyes What do you think? Should I wait after the C serum? Is it okay to use the C serum only in the weekends or it it to little?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
hima wrote:
Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I have one more question regarding my lips and the lips are becoming darker for past few years and
I thought this is because of using lipsticks. Any suggestion of the product for lightening of lips. Help much appreciated............ Smile

I'm sorry, hima, I don't have any ideas on that one! I don't know of any products to lighten the lips. Maybe start a new thread and see if anyone has any ideas/thoughts on the matter!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Blue skies wrote:
Hi Rileygirl!

As to the wait time between the products is it right that you should wait 30 minutes after the C serum? I think I read that somewhere on this forum and this makes my morning routine WAY to long! So now I am only using the C serum in the weekends Rolling Eyes What do you think? Should I wait after the C serum? Is it okay to use the C serum only in the weekends or it it to little?

Hi, Blue skies. Well, I am not an expert and I know there has been a lot of talk about pH and wait times, etc. I only wait until the C is absorbed. I give it maybe 3 minutes before I put the next product on. I might be remembering wrong but I believe some thought if you used a cleanser with a pH of 5 (?) or so that you did not need to wait, as the skin was already at the right pH.

There are so many different thoughts on the C product. Some believe you do not need it daily and others believe you do! How is it working only using it on the weekends? If your goal with the topical C is for added sun protection, then I think daily use in the morning is the way to go. I am not after the extra sun protection, but more interested in the collagen building aspect of C, so I use mine at night before my Retin A. Probably did not help you!
Blue skies
5% products discount

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I started with the C because of the added sun protection and wanting a skin with a nice glow ... which is impossible these days on Obagi, because quite frankly, according to my DH I look like a heavy drinker Embarassed Bright red face all day long Embarassed Embarassed So I guess the added C on the weekends does not do anything!

As i live in Oslo, Norway, the climate now with winter coming on and daily temperatures around 0 Celsius, and not much or strong sun, I do not need C for extra sun protection. Oh well, I guess I might as well use it up, as it can't be stored long after it is opened ... or?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
It will go back if it sits too long, blue skies!
echick

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi All:
I just wanted to give you my experience with the Nu Derm system. I did it once 6 years ago in my thirties was please with the results but not the process. Being red all the time was annoying and embarassing. I am now 40 and started another regime of it after seeing how wonderful the results worked out for a friend of mine in her 50s. About a year ago I had a terrible time with my skin and I had breakouts everywhere, so I started with the Obaji Clenziderm. That sure got the pimples under control, then after about 3 weeks, I moved over to the Nu Derm system for an 18 week regime. Great Results, but I'll post in another section what I'm doing now and why
echick

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Here's what I am doing now. After my 18 week regime and going into maintenance, I wanted to start wearing foundation tint. But my skin is too flaky and red to do it because of my maintenance regime included using blender and Retinol A 4x a week. I can tell you that putting this under your eyes will make the wrinkles appear worse, this is temporary because it's drying out the skin under the eye. I have now backed off from retin A and blender and exfoderm. I use the cleanser, toner, clear and sunscreen with a combined 28-day Vit C treatment from Lise Watier's line. I have to say I love the product, my skin is looking amazing and I've only been using it for 6 days and the price is certainly right. Turning 40 sure makes you take the whole wrinkle prevention thing seriously and it's interesting and sad Crying or Very sad to see how the skin changes as we get older. I'll post later after the 28 day session of the final results
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
echick wrote:
Here's what I am doing now. After my 18 week regime and going into maintenance, I wanted to start wearing foundation tint. But my skin is too flaky and red to do it because of my maintenance regime included using blender and Retinol A 4x a week. I can tell you that putting this under your eyes will make the wrinkles appear worse, this is temporary because it's drying out the skin under the eye. I have now backed off from retin A and blender and exfoderm. I use the cleanser, toner, clear and sunscreen with a combined 28-day Vit C treatment from Lise Watier's line. I have to say I love the product, my skin is looking amazing and I've only been using it for 6 days and the price is certainly right. Turning 40 sure makes you take the whole wrinkle prevention thing seriously and it's interesting and sad Crying or Very sad to see how the skin changes as we get older. I'll post later after the 28 day session of the final results

Interesting, echick. So, what happens after the 28 days? You don't continue to use the C?

What are your goals with doing this, to not use the Blender/Retin A on maintenance due to the dryness?
echick

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl:

My goal was to not have flakey dull looking skin and to be able to wear a tint foundation without it drying out and my face looking like it was caked. The woman suggested that I try this 28 day regime, it didn't cost me anything because I had spent a certain amount on some of their other products and you get a free gift so she suggested I try this. So far, I like it but who knows if it will with stand.
echick

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
oops, I didn't answer your other question in my last post... Sad

I don't know what I'll do after I do the 28 regime, I may go back to using the blender and retinol A but back it off to 2x a week. Even using it 4x a week, my skin was very red and peeling all the time, does the skin ever get used to Nu Derm or will it always create red, dry, flaking skin even in maintenance?

What has your maintenance regime process consisted of?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, echick. I'll be curious how this works for you!

I do not do maintenance with Nu Derm. I can't use the hydroquinone for more than 3 months at a time!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |