Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Change of routine -- need exfoliator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I joined EDS back in winter around the time I turned 40. I was really inspired by everything I learned and developed a skin care routine I really like.

Then I got pregnant in the summer and stopped using Renova, vitamin C serum and MD Formulations Daily Peel Pads.

Unfortunately I had a miscarriage about a month ago. I had already given the products above to my sister in law and to be honest, I really want to get pregnant again soon so I figured why bother.

Now I feel like I need an exfoliator to use in the meanwhile. Can someone recommend a good one that is relatively inexpensive and works? Drugstore brand would be ok or from Sephora.

Thanks in advance.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I love the Suki lemon exfoliating cleanser. They sell is here or at whole foods.
peripang
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica daily microfoliant and sothys' gommage exfoliant are also nice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I've heard quite a good review for SUKI's lemon exfoliating cleanser. The line is claimed to be 100% natural skincare products.

Here is the list of ingredients:
organic rice powder and sugar, 100% saponified olive oil, powdered organic chamomile, lavender, sage, calendula, rose hips, lemongrass and orange, pure vegetable glycerin, seaweed extracts & pure, premium, steam distilled essential oils.

EDS carries this line now.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for your loss! Crying or Very sad Hope you will get pregnant again soon!

You may want to try Boscia's Smoothing Facial Polish available at sephora. It is very gentle and has no preservatives.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for your loss. I was going to suggest a simple and safe product.
Cetaphil mixed with Baking Soda.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I love Dermalogica daily microfoliant. Leaves my skin soft and glowing.

The Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads Exotic Collection has really good reviews.
EDS has it on special for 38.00.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:23 am      Reply with quote
How about getting a Clarisonic?
Christine17

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
The L'Oreal Microdermabrasion Kit leaves my skin with a great glow. I use it 2-3 times weekly and it only costs around $20 at Walgreens. It will last a good 2 months. Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
the clarisonic is a good suggestion. I love mine and you'll never worry about using it at any point.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Epidermx II is my favourite exfoliator.
It's available on EDS.

I also like the Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub and the Cocoa Butter Scrub.
http://www.queenhelene.com//skincaremaskscrub2.php

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend dermalogica daily micro exfloliate.
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Dr. H clensing cream has this function too.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
So sorry for your loss.

For the price Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is a great exfoliator. I also like Blueberry Fusion Polish from the Body Deli (more pricey/high shipping).

You might also consider Pure Skin Formulations Microfiber Cloth. Microfiber exfoliates and takes off all makeup. Quite amazing!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-microfiber-cleansing-p_7755.htm

At present EDS is out of stock but surely they will have them back soon. If interested, and don't want to wait, you can get them from PSF website. HTH

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
junassara
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
This is a little more pricey than your looking for but I use it and it works so good. It is Kate Somerville Kate In a Jar. At first you can just get samples to see if it's worth it, but I know if you try it you'll love it!!
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
VMP40;
You don't mention your skin type. Are you looking for a daily exfoliator, do you have dry, combo, sensitive skin? Is T zone a problem, clogged pores, hyperpigmentation?

Difference exfoliators address different issues, some are AHA, some AHA & BHA, others BHA, and before jumping in with a recommendation, perhaps we should know more about your skin type & condition & what is it about your skin that makes you think you need one.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Dermalogica daily microexfoliant. Very effective, but gentle.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |