Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Lips2Kiss system… time for a Review.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Are you glad you used this system?

Yes
65%
 65%  [ 48 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 13 ]
I use/d it and am ambivalent. ( please tell us your experience!)
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 73

waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I used it for about 2 months faithfully -- I really liked some aspects of the products, and I saw some mild plumping, but it really just came down to being too much of a pain in the a$$. people were always asking me why I was sticking so much goop on my lips, I never wanted to be kissed because then I'd have to reapply, and basically I felt like the vanity thing was getting out of control just because I was thinking about how I looked ALL the TIME. If my lips ever get to the point that I really can't deal with their volume, I will just go get the stupid injections so I can just have a few days of extreme vanity and then get back to my life. as of right now though, I'm not willing to go through all that for my lips, which aren't that hideous.

that said, I do think it works, which is pretty impressive for a plumping product. and the owner is a doll.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I have been fence-sitting on this product for quite some time - but you have all convinced me to order it.

Am I correct that I should order The Spa Lip Care System AND the ULLE for my Upper Lip Line?

Do I need the LE if I already have products that I am currently using on my face and pleased with or, should I order it for the puckering that I have on the edge of my lower lip?

I am confused as to what to order for lip colour - I am looking for a one that is long lasting but not drying or sticky - any suggestions as to what I should order and how to apply it?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I have been fence-sitting on this product for quite some time - but you have all convinced me to order it.

Am I correct that I should order The Spa Lip Care System AND the ULLE for my Upper Lip Line?

Do I need the LE if I already have products that I am currently using on my face and pleased with or, should I order it for the puckering that I have on the edge of my lower lip?

I am confused as to what to order for lip colour - I am looking for a one that is long lasting but not drying or sticky - any suggestions as to what I should order and how to apply it?

You should email Kandis to see what she suggests. She's really good at getting back to you. I personally don't use the LE or the ULLE, but I got samples of them before, and I liked both of them. (I just can't afford them at the moment. lol)
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I really agree..the initial thread (and I started it) is just way too long for a newcomer to wade through. But, the poll comes at a good time as just today, my husband who is 61 noticed how thin his lips were getting and was feeling very self-conscious. I told him that I have been using Kandis' system for months and not only are my lips not getting thinner (I'm 51), but they are fuller, completely moisturized and are the youngest looking thing on my face!! lol So, now, I may have to share! I wear Kandis' products almost exclusively...other products just don't feel quite right..if I decide that my outfit needs a slightly bolder lipstick..I wear the L2K system under a Nars lipgloss and that way..it's only Kandis' products that are touching my lips. I love the penetrable lip color, the night glazes, everything. I have about 8 different colors and a layer and play!

My lips never peeled with the system....but on the other hand...my lips have never been dry and I never used chapstick or anything like that ever. I hardly post on the EDS forum as I've been very busy with my business (undergoing major changes)..but I felt that the L2K system was worth posting for. I have never felt as cared about by a business owner..as with Kandis. In fact, I would do one of those bloody infomercials for this product!

I also don't seem to use much of the product and they last me a very long time. I squeeze a little on my fingertip and massage gently into my lips morning and evening. I hope this helps..but you need to know that I've only raved about 3 products in my cosmetic lifetime...and this is the top one.
Mabsy

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I can't comment on using the whole system for plumping because I've never been disciplined enough to use it as per instructions and in the required frequency. However, it does make my lips soft and the exfoliator is great for weeks like last week when I dehydrate myself (bad Mabsy!) and end up with peeling lips. What I *really* do like in the line though is the coloured lip gloss - it feel very nice and smooth on the lips, slightly oily feeling (that light oil type of feeling that makes your lips glide against each other), not tacky, and the colour I have is just perfect for me. I've got this in Sexy Mama and it's spot on for my pale cool toned complexion. I haven't used this (or any lip gloss for that matter) for a while but this post jogged my memory and I'm sitting here with it on as I type Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I can't comment on using the whole system for plumping because I've never been disciplined enough to use it as per instructions and in the required frequency. However, it does make my lips soft and the exfoliator is great for weeks like last week when I dehydrate myself (bad Mabsy!) and end up with peeling lips. What I *really* do like in the line though is the coloured lip gloss - it feel very nice and smooth on the lips, slightly oily feeling (that light oil type of feeling that makes your lips glide against each other), not tacky, and the colour I have is just perfect for me. I've got this in Sexy Mama and it's spot on for my pale cool toned complexion. I haven't used this (or any lip gloss for that matter) for a while but this post jogged my memory and I'm sitting here with it on as I type Smile

Mabsy, you and I fall in to the same category then. This just proves that the system is pretty forgiving even to those of us who aren't religious applying it so frequently. Smile I got the results I was hoping for, and sounds like you did, too. Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I might have to give this a try. Now you all have me curious. Rolling Eyes In my case I don't need anything to make my lips fuller. God was good in that department. Laughing It would be nice if I could keep my lips soft. I am just starting to get a few lines above my lips.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I've lost track of time, but I think I've been using L2K since Feb '07 now. I love it! My lips are much healthier and have much more definition now. My lips themselves are barely lined and the lines around them are becoming lighter and less noticeable as time goes on.

There is nothing else like L2K and Kandis' customer service is second to none.

-Cathy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I can't say enough about this system or Kandis herself. She has been terrific. Go to the photo page on the L2K site. I am the 56 year old subject. The reason I'm sending you over there is because I have never been able to post my pics on this site. Kandis just sent me my most recent photos 30, 60 and 90 days, that is how long I've been on it and you can really see an improvement. I'm not done yet, I have a ways to go, I just can't figure out how to share them here. Right now I have them on Photobucket, no problem getting them there, I just can't get them here.
Ga2Ca

Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just had to chime in on these products. Bought it for the lip plumping benefits and then discovered the LE on my face. I cannot imagine not using these products. The LE has really tightened my face and neck and did so while I was losing 35 pounds! My lips are firmer, the brown spots on my face and neck are almost gone (and there were quite a few). I have been using them for 6 months. The Lip Cream is also an amazing face cream. I have combination skin so that is really asking a lot for one cream to do two jobs. My husband loves my firmer lips and the color has even returned! I am 51 years old and have worn wax based lipsticks for almost 40 years so they were thin, colorless with lots of lines above them. The ULLE is used at night with heat and you can see the lines ease as you apply heat with your blow dryer. I don't usually post on websites like this one but just had to share my experience with this wonderful product. Kandis has been very helpful and is a great cheerleader! Good luck to anyone that tries this product, you will LOVE your new skin Smile
angeldolphin

Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Lips2Kiss!! I have been using the Spa LipCare System, plus the Se Mama lip gloss, and LE since Feb. of this year and my lips look and feel unbelievable! I am 46, starting to age, and my lips had become very dry, peeling and chapped, no matter what I tried, colorless, thin and lines above my lips. Upon beginning the Lips2Kiss system, I saw and felt a difference right away, and my lips continue to improve. I wish that I had known about these products years ago! I now have fuller lips (more than ever before, a pretty rosy color, the lipline is redefining, moist and no more chapped lips!
Kandis, the owner of LIPS2Kiss is the most knowledgable and kind and generous woman ever!
She always responds and ships so fast, and with good advice!! I no longer need lipstick, as even using the clear night glaze or the colored lip glosses, look very pretty. It is a softer look, but I find it is much prettier than a heavier mouth. THe LE around the eyes really makes a difference, it is very moisturizing and makes the skin look tightened and with a sheen, pretty amazing.

If you want fuller, healthier, more beautiful lips, this is it. Also, my understanding, but I am not a doctor, is that even if you go the route of injections, you still need to take care of the skin and tissues, as this will always be what is need for a healthy, pretty mouth, so I would suggest, no matter what, trying this line. LOVE, LOVE LIPS2Kiss!! Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hey! Very Happy I'm just chiming in to say I'm so pleased that this thread is turning out positively and helpfully! Like Winnie, I'm on the move now to get in on this Good Thing!

Thankyou so much everyone.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that Kandis's customer service is awesome. She always responds to your inquiries and concerns. She doesn't leave you high and dry.
jacquemiller

Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Lips2Kiss products for about five years and would not be without them. I love being able to travel and speak at conferences nationally without having to worry if I have lipstick on when my clients meets me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Five years??? When did these products come out first??
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I have used L2K since last year. I can't praise it enough! I have seen a great improvement in softness and color and a bit of plumping too. I am not as concientous as I could be with the blowdrying. which is probably why I haven't had more of the plumping effect as others. Plus I am almost 67 so I gues it will take longer for me. However my lips now have a lovely natural rosy color, and no more dry, flaking and chapped lips (which used to be a big problem for me).

I also want to mention the great CS you get from Kandiss. It is the best I have ever known. She really cares about her product AND her clientele. I cannot reccomend her products enough! Using it is not time consuming, nor it is expensive, a little really does go a long way.
I love the lipgloss and now never use regular lipstick any more, it just feels heavy and sticky since L2K.
I intend to use it forever as part of my daily beauty regime along with the LE and ULLE.
Ricky
jacquemiller

Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry, It has only been about two years. It seems like I have used it forever since I never go anywhere with out it. I forgot to mention that the lip care products are a must have as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Wow 5 years, I just found out about it this past June, and that was quite by accident, but I'm glad I did.
ginderella
5% products discount

Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I started using about 40 days ago. I've had mild peeling but my lips are already softer and rosier.I'll really notice a change if the color holds up when the weather gets cold since they normally almost fade to white in winter.

I don't understand why wax, especially beeswax would be bad for the skin. I would think it would coat and just seal in any moisture. Anyone know why?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am into my third month of L2K and my lips are different. Better. Softer and somewhat fuller.
I peel still and I am waiting to get to the point where this doesn't happen. I' have been dedicated but did just recently get some Julie Hewitt lipsticks which I dont' wear more than a few hours on a weekend night. Otherwise I'm devoted to this lipcare boot camp.... Laughing

My question for those two and five year users: when are your lips back to where they should be? (When did you know?- what was the final point?) And can you cheat every so often? With other products.

Marie
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Another question --- Hope you don't mind. For the two- five year long-term users. How often do you need to apply once you reach "the place of lip nirvana? Please do not think I'm being critical here - it IS a process though and I"m not sure what the end result is. And once there what can you do at minimum to maintain?

Thanks.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
How often do you need to apply once you reach "the place of lip nirvana? And once there what can you do at minimum to maintain?
Thanks.

I am not at lip nirvana yet. But, since I've been using the system since February, I'd like to offer my opinion. I would think that lip nirvana would mean reaching your lips natural maximum fullness. That being said, if you will notice some of the photos on EDS and Kandis site, you will see some of the ladies before and after photos showing lips more filled out, the lines on the surface and above lessened or erased completely. In other photos, you might notice the lip tissue is crinkly, sort of like a deflated balloon, then in the photos that follow....the balloon begins to get its air back and becomes full. You will also notice the increase in the pink color in many of the ladies after photos. I would say that your personal lip nirvana would of course depend on how plump your lips were as a young girl. However, I am certain with this system, all of us can achieve young lips again! Young lips would be nice, pink plump lips with no lines on the surface or above. I would guess that maintenance would be different for everyone. But, using the heat once in the evening and then using Kandis colored glazes or glaze for color during the day, as you would re-apply lipstick should do the trick! That's my take.... Aprile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I've been lusting after this for awhile, but everytime I look at the website I get totally confused about what exactly to purchase - there's so much info and so many different products. What does one purchase to get started? Is it the Spa System? What about if you can't be seen dead without lippy? Which product do I buy - the Night Glazes? Do I buy the Line Eliminator as well? HELP please!!! Can someone spell it out for me in simple terms.
linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been on the "system" for about 9 months and without any doubt it is great. I do it faithfully - every single night - but after about six months I did have difficulty with the penetrable color and went back to using lipstick. Even with that my lips looks great. I am 62 and other than Angelina, I don't know anyone whose lips look as good as mine.

Linda
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
The lips are a mucous membrane type of tissu(actually really more of a hybrid tissue bridging between the mucous membrane of the mouth, and the normal skin of the face.) So they are different then both the facial skin, and tissue inside the mouth.

They have a thinner and different surface layer then the face, which is much more permeable to moisture (and ingrediant)exchange from the surrounding environment, and they do not contain oil glands, so cannot produce their own moisture as facial skin can do.

This means for lips to be moist and maintain moisture, they need to pull it from the surrounding environment.

If you cover the lip surface with a wax or other partially impermeable layer, as is used in lip colorants (to help color last a long time and stay shiny and bright) you are also preventing/lessening the ability of the lip tissue from drawing additional moisture from the environment into the deeper tissues.

So after the initial moisture application, when applying your colorant, lips may become more and more dehidrated.

And when you reapply your commercial gloss, you are only coating lips surface, but you are only applying more coats on an already coated layer -not actually applying moisture, since there is no extra water or moisture being applied. (You are applying a coating of "wax" over a "wax" coat)

An example - when you apply a body lotion to the skin after stepping from the shower, you are helping "seal in" the water from the shower into the skin.
So skin will stay moist longer (from the water), then if you apply an identical lotion to dry skin (not damp).

Dry skin only has its inner moisture to work with, but not the extra moisture that the shower water added, which can add something like 20 times additional moisture to the skin.

Good moisterizing involved adding water back to the skin, and helping it stay, or evaporate slower.

The body skin can continually product more moisture through the day because of its oil glands, and body lotions tend to be more permeable then chap-sticks, lips sticks and glosses.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |