Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Lips2Kiss system… time for a Review.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Are you glad you used this system?

Yes
65%
 65%  [ 48 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 13 ]
I use/d it and am ambivalent. ( please tell us your experience!)
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 73

Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
When starting - you need the entire Lip Spa system. This is the basic package you must have.

If you have lines above your lips, you can add in the LE or ULLE or a combo. I believe that the ULLE is the recomended one for Upper Lips Lines, as the normal option now. (it was not available when I started the system)
But I know in the past some folks were useing one, or the other, or a combo. I think some find they had dryness with the LE above lips/on lips.

I would email Kandis for specifics in your personal situation, as I don't remeber why one would use one over the other for upper lip lines.
This is an optional add on, but needed for those with lines above the lips. (With the Spa kit)

I use them (Ulle and LE) on my lips, BUT I don't have any lines above my lips at all. So am not as clear on details on that product. (I am 43 and never wore chapstick, and was very picky on lip products used)

If you want color while working/repairing your lips add on the optional colored Night Glaze products while you are beginning the system. This prevents a naked lip look all day, while you are treating lips, since you should be avoiding your commercial colorants at least at first.

As your lips become rejuvenated and repaired, you can "later" also add in the Penetrable lips color, and or the Colored Glosses, to replace your colored Night Glaze if you choose. But that is simply a personal preference of which colored products you prefer in depth and texture.

The Penetratable color is not recommended for early beginners in the system, nor is the Colored gloss. Though you can use the colored gloss earlier in the treatment then the Penitratable color. But it is recomended you use the Colored Night Glaze as a baby beginner for best results, as it contains more treatment activites then the Colored Gloss. (I believe)
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone take before and after pics? Or just after pics? I'm curious to see the results.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
My lips I feel are fully rejuvinated. I now apply the entire system (except exfoliate) in the AM once after Breakfast, once after lunch and once after Dinner. Usually on two sessions I also apply the ULLE and LE to my lips with the other products.

I applyed Colored Glaze throughout the day as needed, just like any gloss product. Usually every hour or so, sometimes more often sometimes less.

I try to blowdry lips at least three times a week, more often when I remember. Smile (after adding the ULLE and LE with other products)

I exfoliate lips once or twice a week.

This has maintained my results.

I DONOT (did not) have upper lips lines. If you do, you may find you need to blowdry nightly.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I have a whole series of Pictures on the LONG L2K thread. Let me find a link to the last exact page for you.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I don't have any lips lines either (yet!) and my color is good but I have horrible peeling issues that started about a year 1/2 ago, nothing works long term. I don't ever really wear lipstick, in fact I don't even own any but I do wear lip balm (to no avail) and clear gloss almost everyday.

I'm on the cusp of ordering...just need to do a bit more research.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
That was the problem I had - dryness, and discomfort, that nothing really resolved. I did have occssional peeling in the winter, but not alot.

This system helped solve the issue, now even going all day or all night with nothing on my lips they feel better and softer and less dry. And I also regained some softness and plumpness, that no other product gave me.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I think this was the last series of pics I posted on EDS at 5 months use. Page 59

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1450

No product on lips at time.

I have maintained that look since that time.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Did anyone take before and after pics? Or just after pics? I'm curious to see the results.

Vonstella,

There are also more pics on page 65 of the old thread. I believe three other ladies were also so kind as to post their before and after photos. Also, on Kandis websitewww.lips2kiss.com she has a new button to view even more before and afters. I have recognized some of those new photos as EDS members. Very impressive ladies! Thanks so much for taking the time to share!! You are all so dedicated and kind to post your photos. If anyone is still on the fence after all of those photos .... it's time to jump off!!! Take care everyone, Aprile Laughing
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Great, thanks for the links Ladies!

rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I voted Yes. I've been using L2K system (including glosses, coloured glaze, ULLE and LE) for about 9 months now. I have not applied a single other thing to my lips, except for occasional application of CPs, since I started L2K system. My lips are much healthier and nicer looking. Before I started using L2K system, I was really worried about my lips - they were getting wrinklier (including deeper lines on the upper lip) and thinner. While my lips have not necessarily become bigger, they do feel thicker and they are no longer an area of concern to me. And that's all I was hoping for.
I would strongly recommend L2K system to everyone.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
IAGirl

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Lips 2 Kiss for about 4 months. I am so glad I purchased this product! Very Happy I have tried so many different products that promised great things but never delivered. My lips look the best they have in a long time. I am also using the LE and the ULLE. I like what I see in the morning and friends and co-workers tell me I look great!!

Kandis is wonderful! She is constantly communicating with you to make sure you are comfortable and understand what is happening to your lips. She is a great encourager! Be patient, apply the product and then after a few months...WOW! You will be amazed at how your lips look and feel.

I was convinced to purchase L2K when I saw the pictures on her website.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to know how important BOTH the ULLE and the LE are. I have not used these products but hear more and more how good they have been.
For those of you who use these: How important is it that you use both? And how significant do you feel the results are?

If I understand correctly you can use these on other parts of your face as well.

Thanks for any guidance.
sister
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I'd like to know how important BOTH the ULLE and the LE are. I have not used these products but hear more and more how good they have been.
For those of you who use these: How important is it that you use both? And how significant do you feel the results are?

If I understand correctly you can use these on other parts of your face as well.

Thanks for any guidance.
sister

Sister Sweets,
I've used the LE since last December. I like it though I primarily use it above my lips and between the eyebrows. I added the ULLE in May and I think I like it more. I'm now using the LE during the day and the ULLE at night. If I could only buy one product it would probably be the ULLE. From what I understand the LE works very well on hyperpigmentation but that's not an issue for me so I cannot comment on that. Did you get samples when you ordered your lipcare system?

Several weeks ago I added True radiance vitamin and golden serum. Those things have done for me what L2K did for my lips. I'm going to begin adding the ULLE in additin and see what happens.

Kimberly
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, I'll have to come back when I have more time to read the reviews.

I'm glad I tried it, I've reordered 3 times, and for the first 3 months I was super-duper digilent.

I was one of the first to try this, last October I think. Anyway, there were a couple of mornings when I woke up to "holy cow" big lips... but the size reduced after an hour.

I wasn't working so I had time to reapply every few hours for 3 months.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice any huge improvements ... and it was so time-consuming.

(I'm 44 years old).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets,
I forgot to add that I do use the LE on my neck, approximately every other day. I don't have lines on my neck yet and hopefully this will keep them at bay. Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
...for the first 3 months I was super-duper diligent. Anyway, there were a couple of mornings when I woke up to "holy cow" big lips... but the size reduced after an hour. ....Unfortunately, I didn't notice any huge improvements ... and it was so time-consuming.

(I'm 44 years old).

Hi Rjez,

When I see comments like the one you just made and I see your age, I think ... oh too bad she didn't give it enough time!!! I'm older than you and have been on the system since February. During the first three months, I saw very little change. My lips retained their moisture during the day, the vermilion border looked a little more defined and their color was pinker. I was diligent using the system during the first month while at home. When I was out and about, I just applied the lip gloss A LOT. Then back to the system when I returned home in the evenings. Now, I usually use the heat once in the AM and once in the PM; I only use the colored night glaze during the day, home or not. Now at 8 months into this program, I am finally seeing some dramatic improvements: full lips that are staying that way all day long, a very pronounced vermilion border, much pinker color, and reduced lines on the surface of and above my lips. That being said, my rejuvenation still continues.... What could I really expect in such a sort period of time considering the number of years I'd been a lipstick junkie? I'd used regular lipstick and lip glosses for over 25 years. Ladies - "Rome wasn't built in a day!" You know, Rjez had you continued with the program, I'm convinced you'd be experiencing these same results too! Ladies, if you stick with this program and you will reep the rewards Kandis promises! Aprile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Vonstella,

There are also more pics on page 65 of the old thread. I believe three other ladies were also so kind as to post their before and after photos. Also, on Kandis websitewww.lips2kiss.com she has a new button to view even more before and afters. I have recognized some of those new photos as EDS members. Very impressive ladies! Thanks so much for taking the time to share!! You are all so dedicated and kind to post your photos. If anyone is still on the fence after all of those photos .... it's time to jump off!!! Take care everyone, Aprile Laughing

Thanks for telling me about the new photos on Kandis' site. Kandis had asked me if she could use my before and after pics for her site but I didn't realize they were already posted. I am the 35 year old lips and I can verify that those are my lips and the photos are untouched. My progress pics are posted on page 65 of the L2K thread. I am so glad that I started using L2K. My lips feel and look so much healthier. And as aprile said, give the system time to work. You will be pleased with the results.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile, what a great post. It is so nice to hear about the longer term use of the products and what they can accomplish. I feel like I have "stalled" on my progress (1 week shy of 6 months), but I definitely plan to keep using this and see how my lips look in 1 year. Thanks so much for posting that!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Aprile, what a great post. It is so nice to hear about the longer term use of the products and what they can accomplish. I feel like I have "stalled" on my progress (1 week shy of 6 months), but I definitely plan to keep using this and see how my lips look in 1 year. Thanks so much for posting that!

Oh you're welcome Rileygirl ~ I'm more than happy to share! I wish I had charted my own progress with photos, but I'm so bad with picture taking or asking my family to take my photo for stuff like that! I took one bad "before" photo in the very beginning, but it didn't show a whole lot of detail. Oh well. Yes, I think one year would be a good time to really evaluate our progress. Especially those of us in the 40+ camp who've previously worn lipstick, gloss, or chapstick for many years.....we have a lot of harm to undo!! I've spent so much money on useless products in the past, it's so refreshing to find something that truly works!! And for me, being able to accomplish it this way by using something natural is a real bonus! I had actually been contemplating getting injections because I didn't think there could be anything out there that could possibly erase those lines above my lips. I am so thankful that I searched and found a product that lives up to its promises. Best wishes everyone! Aprile
robinson

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I have been on the system for just over two months. I haven't been great in sticking to the regular application due to a number of reasons eg living in our house while doing a major renovation (no inside bathroom or kitchen), working erratic hours, trying to fit in drop off and pick up of part-time school child, exercise allocation and major surgery in the last two weeks.

Even though I didn't think I could fit the system easily into my life I decided it was probably better to start doing something rather than waiting for the best time. So in the last two months although I haven't seen miraculous improvements I have been very happy with how my lips have progressed. If it takes me six months to achieve what I could have gained in two months with better application I don't really care.

Because I am sure after that six months of not doing the system my lips would be worse than when they started.

I am mentioning this because I think it is important to realise you will gain benefits even if you can't do the system "perfectly".

The way my lips were heading I would have been happy just to halt the puckering and dryness let alone have such a great improvement.

Just for the record what I have observed for my lips is an increase in the pink colour (my lips used to blend into my face), lip line more defined, lips softer and puffier.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Aprile, I just don't think this works for me.

I used it every couple of hours for the first 3 months ... then as directed for another 3 or 4 months.

I was hesitant to say anything because each time that I do, someone says "oh, you have to give it another X number of months".

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Question for those of you who have used this long term. I am into my third month and my lips still have that peely, oddly chapped feeling almost daily. I use the products faithfully. Is this the norm? And when do they not feel that way?
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets...Come to think of it my lips felt like that off and on for the longest time. It wasn't a constant thing but every now and then they would feel like they were going to start peeling but never did. They've been pretty good lately.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets, every now and again I'd feel a hard ridge on the inside of my lips (not sure if that's what you meant or not). But after I'd use the exfoliation cream it went away. Must confess I'm not as religious about exfoliating as I should be. I probably only do it twice a week Embarassed.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Sorry Aprile, I just don't think this works for me.
I used it every couple of hours for the first 3 months ... then as directed for another 3 or 4 months.
I was hesitant to say anything because each time that I do, someone says "oh, you have to give it another X number of months".

Hey Rjez,

I can understand how you feel that it just didn't work for you. And, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But you have to admit that your feeling is mainly based opon the amount of time you had in your mind whereby you should have seen significant results. You didn't say why you decided to try the system. Was it for lip plumping, lines on the surface or above your lips or what? But anyway, perhaps you had a specific time frame in your mind, where you felt you should have seen some really fantastic results. And, that did not happen. But, I am telling you Rjez, there is no set time table for any of us. Each one of us is unique and different, and neither you or I or Kandis can say when we will see those results or even when rejuvenation will be complete. She does guarantee that if you use her system correctly, you will eventually reap those rewards. But, I have to say that even though you said you used the product diligently for 3 months while you weren't working, you really didn't use it acccording to direction. By your own admission you said you only applied the product every few hours. According to Kandis, you really need to apply the products every 20-30 minutes for at least the first month. Thereafter, you need to apply at least the lip gloss or colored night glazes at least every 1/2 hour. You can tell when your lips are not as hydrated as when you first apply. Being committed to making this system work is using it properly to undo years of damage or to halt the aging process which will happen whether you used lipstick, gloss, or chapstick. Then and only then, can the restructuring of the cells beneath the surface begin. While I can understand your feeling it's too much work or being impatient to see results (God knows I am impatient), I just want to clarify that it can work for anyone truly committed to the program. Take care, Aprile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |