Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lips2Kiss system… time for a Review.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Are you glad you used this system?

Yes
65%
 65%  [ 48 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 13 ]
I use/d it and am ambivalent. ( please tell us your experience!)
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 73

aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
[quote="majorb"]Um...To aprile:
I've never tried this system before, but heard loads about it on the forum. I thought it was only for lips.]

Hi Majorb,

The Spa Lipcare System is intended for the lips. However, there are two other products available for the face. One is the ULLE (upper lip line eliminator), which was intended for the lines above the lips, but can be used around the eyes and on your entire face. Then there's the LE (line eliminator), which not only helps in erasing fine lines and wrinkles (especially good for the crinkly thinner skin like around the eyes, neck and top of the hands. I feel it has a tremendous lifting effect as well. I for one, cannot say enough good things about these products. ALL of them work with the assistance of heat, albeit a little bit for the face, neck and hands. Somehow the heat really seems to activate the products. Kandis is a peach of a customer service person. I have never dealt with anyone who would answer countless questions and offer you support while you are trying to rejuvenate your lips and skin. I've also spent lots of $$$ on products that don't work or live up to their promises even after months of use. BUT, this system and all of her products truly deliver! Best wishes, Aprile Very Happy
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
The lips are a mucous membrane type of tissu(actually really more of a hybrid tissue bridging between the mucous membrane of the mouth, and the normal skin of the face.) So they are different then both the facial skin, and tissue inside the mouth.

They have a thinner and different surface layer then the face, which is much more permeable to moisture (and ingrediant)exchange from the surrounding environment, and they do not contain oil glands, so cannot produce their own moisture as facial skin can do.

This means for lips to be moist and maintain moisture, they need to pull it from the surrounding environment.

If you cover the lip surface with a wax or other partially impermeable layer, as is used in lip colorants (to help color last a long time and stay shiny and bright) you are also preventing/lessening the ability of the lip tissue from drawing additional moisture from the environment into the deeper tissues.

So after the initial moisture application, when applying your colorant, lips may become more and more dehidrated.

And when you reapply your commercial gloss, you are only coating lips surface, but you are only applying more coats on an already coated layer -not actually applying moisture, since there is no extra water or moisture being applied. (You are applying a coating of "wax" over a "wax" coat)

An example - when you apply a body lotion to the skin after stepping from the shower, you are helping "seal in" the water from the shower into the skin.
So skin will stay moist longer (from the water), then if you apply an identical lotion to dry skin (not damp).

Dry skin only has its inner moisture to work with, but not the extra moisture that the shower water added, which can add something like 20 times additional moisture to the skin.

Good moisterizing involved adding water back to the skin, and helping it stay, or evaporate slower.

The body skin can continually product more moisture through the day because of its oil glands, and body lotions tend to be more permeable then chap-sticks, lips sticks and glosses.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
When starting - you need the entire Lip Spa system. This is the basic package you must have.

If you have lines above your lips, you can add in the LE or ULLE or a combo. I believe that the ULLE is the recomended one for Upper Lips Lines, as the normal option now. (it was not available when I started the system)
But I know in the past some folks were useing one, or the other, or a combo. I think some find they had dryness with the LE above lips/on lips.

I would email Kandis for specifics in your personal situation, as I don't remeber why one would use one over the other for upper lip lines.
This is an optional add on, but needed for those with lines above the lips. (With the Spa kit)

I use them (Ulle and LE) on my lips, BUT I don't have any lines above my lips at all. So am not as clear on details on that product. (I am 43 and never wore chapstick, and was very picky on lip products used)

If you want color while working/repairing your lips add on the optional colored Night Glaze products while you are beginning the system. This prevents a naked lip look all day, while you are treating lips, since you should be avoiding your commercial colorants at least at first.

As your lips become rejuvenated and repaired, you can "later" also add in the Penetrable lips color, and or the Colored Glosses, to replace your colored Night Glaze if you choose. But that is simply a personal preference of which colored products you prefer in depth and texture.

The Penetratable color is not recommended for early beginners in the system, nor is the Colored gloss. Though you can use the colored gloss earlier in the treatment then the Penitratable color. But it is recomended you use the Colored Night Glaze as a baby beginner for best results, as it contains more treatment activites then the Colored Gloss. (I believe)
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
...for the first 3 months I was super-duper diligent. Anyway, there were a couple of mornings when I woke up to "holy cow" big lips... but the size reduced after an hour. ....Unfortunately, I didn't notice any huge improvements ... and it was so time-consuming.

(I'm 44 years old).

Hi Rjez,

When I see comments like the one you just made and I see your age, I think ... oh too bad she didn't give it enough time!!! I'm older than you and have been on the system since February. During the first three months, I saw very little change. My lips retained their moisture during the day, the vermilion border looked a little more defined and their color was pinker. I was diligent using the system during the first month while at home. When I was out and about, I just applied the lip gloss A LOT. Then back to the system when I returned home in the evenings. Now, I usually use the heat once in the AM and once in the PM; I only use the colored night glaze during the day, home or not. Now at 8 months into this program, I am finally seeing some dramatic improvements: full lips that are staying that way all day long, a very pronounced vermilion border, much pinker color, and reduced lines on the surface of and above my lips. That being said, my rejuvenation still continues.... What could I really expect in such a sort period of time considering the number of years I'd been a lipstick junkie? I'd used regular lipstick and lip glosses for over 25 years. Ladies - "Rome wasn't built in a day!" You know, Rjez had you continued with the program, I'm convinced you'd be experiencing these same results too! Ladies, if you stick with this program and you will reep the rewards Kandis promises! Aprile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody Smile

Well, this thread is looking to get as long as the orginal Lips2Kiss one - which is still going strong!

Firstly, I have to say that the poll part of this thread probably isnt worth bothering with... quite a number of people have found themselves unable to vote on it, due to a glitch in the system, and I know they were positive votes.. So I'm ignoring the poll feature and just reading the feedback.

And here I am with my own early feedback!

I started on L2K 23rd October. And I have to say I am hooked. Laughing

I cant imagine, now going back to my old lippie ways, my lips just feel SOOOOO much better. And I thought they were relatively ok before.. I've been a lipstick addict for 32 years, but never used chapstick. For years I've used Clarins firming lip cream at night, which was great as far as it went, then I started losing lip volume so then I used LipFusionX at night, which made my lips fuller again, and more hydrated, but I noticed I started to get a bit of drawstring syndrome going on, so I stopped with that.

At my age, I was beginning to lose lip volume and colour, and I felt I needed a radical intervention to Save My Lips before they went further downhill!

Along came this all new, mind boggling system, which seemed so very odd that at first I couldnt get my head round it.

Well, now I understand why women love it so much.

I have been following instructions to a 'T"... and enjoying it a lot because

a. IT FEELS GREAT.

b. MY LIPS ARE SOFT, FULLER AND REGAINING COLOUR ALREADY!

I couldnt be more pleased.

I go to bed at night with lots of product on my lips, and wake up with nice full soft lips, and that stays all day. For a little colour I have a coloured night glaze, in a beautiful shade - I think it's called raspberry chocolate milkshake or something like that.
I reapply as directed all day. I enjoy doing it, because the products feels so lovely. My lips are relieved!
I hairdry them at night and once during the day too. Less hassle than it sounds,and quite nice here in autumnal London, to have some warm air coming at me!
So far I have exfoliated twice. In Kandis' notes she says if you are prone to cold sores, only exfoliate every ten days, so I'm sticking to that. I've had some peeling three times, and not noticed it unduly as it's been going on under the product.

I'm amazed to find myself not relying on lipstick so much as part of my make up. I got out my 100 hours lash tint yesterday and started looking at video's on youtube of how to do cat's eye make up! My interest in eye make up is revived, and I'm glad to be propelled out of a make up rut.
Having said that, I'm very excited to anticipate using Kandis lip colours, when the time comes for that.

All in all, I couldnt be happier I jumped in and tried this system.

Thanks go to Hollywood for sharing it with us!

PS. Kandis says when you have any lip stuff left on your fingertips, dont waste it, rub it into your cuticles.. well! I'm pleased to report that as a side benefit.. I now have nice shiny happy nails!
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Please tell us more! Smile

Hi

I will be posting another thread tonight on my routine. It's really simple.

This thread is about Lips2K so I don't want to intrude here.I just figured i let women know there's more then one way to skin a cat being I learned so much from this site and wanted to contribute.... but should have made a seperate thread. My mistake Smile

If this product works for ya stick with it by all means..Plus I hear the customer service is great !

PS: Let's not judge people regarding lip augmention ( Or any surgery for that matter )as I'm sure some women here have had PS and it's not fair to them to say " ICK ". If it makes them happy that's all that matter's.

Takecare and be well Smile

Blue
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I bought the "light berry blend" and the "rich pink sorbet". You can barely tell I am wearing the light berry, but I really like the pink sorbet and just ordered another one. I believe you should also ask for the richer versions of the colours when you place your order if you want a darker colour.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same experience with the colored glazes - very little noticeable color. Kandis recently made a shade that is beautiful and it will soon be available on her site - I'll let you know as soon as I know the name of it.
I have heard you need to ask for the brighter colors to get something that shows up.
robinson

Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
When I started using the cng I could hardly tell I had any colour on my lips and felt almost"naked". That was because my lips were almost skin coloured, they just blended into the rest of my face!. Now that I have been using the system a while my lips are far pinker and the coloured night glazes seem to bring out that colour even more. FWIW.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |