Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How to get perfect velvety skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I know that this is the million dollar question, but I would love to know the best regime to get that really smooth, velvety soft skin that some women have. I think I personally feel a bit cheated because never in my teen or adult life have I ever had nice skin. I started getting acne the minute I turned 13 and now I am nearly 30 I have to start worrying about aging.
I have been using treatments like TCA, copper serums, retin a, vit c etc for a year now and while I have seen some improvment. I look at best more well scrubbed and shiney faced (of course always with a few spots on my chin!) than that smooth, poreless velvety look I have always longed for. I have recently started using a baby quasar type device which I am hoping will help and I have a sample of madalic acid as well so perhaps that will do some good.
Does anyone have any more tips or product recommendations?

Thanks!
Pandora x
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Pandora,

Maybe you should invest in a great makeup primer and a finely milled face powder? I think those products will give you the 'look' you desire. My skin looks instantly velvety if I add Benefit's Dandelion blush on the apples of my cheeks above a deeper tone blush on my cheekbones.

The primer will give you the smoothest canvas possible and the powder will soften the look of the skin, adding a velvety appearance. Just do not go overboard!

Other users have tried pearl powder--I haven't really but it may be another option. I personally love Julie Hewett's ORA mineral powder--it's just a finishing touch for me.

--avalange

pandora77 wrote:
Hi,
I know that this is the million dollar question, but I would love to know the best regime to get that really smooth, velvety soft skin that some women have. I think I personally feel a bit cheated because never in my teen or adult life have I ever had nice skin. I started getting acne the minute I turned 13 and now I am nearly 30 I have to start worrying about aging.
I have been using treatments like TCA, copper serums, retin a, vit c etc for a year now and while I have seen some improvment. I look at best more well scrubbed and shiney faced (of course always with a few spots on my chin!) than that smooth, poreless velvety look I have always longed for. I have recently started using a baby quasar type device which I am hoping will help and I have a sample of madalic acid as well so perhaps that will do some good.
Does anyone have any more tips or product recommendations?

Thanks!
Pandora x

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a good primer for under makeup, something natural (or not).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
MAC is excellent for under forty skin and those with oily complextions.

Smashbox is good for mature skin.

Ferox by Veld is not a primer to speak of. I use it as my primer as it plumbs up my skin. My makeup glides on and stays put most of the day.

I have tried all of the above. Primer makes a hugh difference in your finished look. Pores, lines and wrinkles are less noticable.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Skinn's Orchid Gel is very good and so is Elizabeth Grant's primer for velvety looking skin.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I guess I was looking more for a way to achive that look naturally as I never really wear make up. It just feels so heavy on my skin that I'll often end up washing it off after applying it. I am the same with nail polish I can feel the weight of it on my fingers.
Anyway thanks again I will check out those primers for when I do wear make up, and if anyone has any more ideas about how to get your skin looking that way on it's own please let me know!

Pandora x
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I guess I was looking more for a way to achive that look naturally as I never really wear make up. It just feels so heavy on my skin that I'll often end up washing it off after applying it. I am the same with nail polish I can feel the weight of it on my fingers.
Anyway thanks again I will check out those primers for when I do wear make up, and if anyone has any more ideas about how to get your skin looking that way on it's own please let me know!

Pandora x

I just realized that Osea's advanced protection cream gives the skin a velvety look--it might be worth a try! It is pricey but is really, really a wonderful product. Search the reviews!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Achieving good skin takes time. So the instant solution is definitely makeup. All I can suggest is continuing your use of topical treatments targeting your concerns (not on and off or too many things at the same time) and gentle cleanser, moisturiser and photostable sunscreen. Retinoids are good for preventing aging (as well as doing some other good things). There are some helpful details on here: http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/tetrakis

However, I think good skin is largely genetic. Many people can improve the condition of their skin but never have perfect skin. I am just one of those people. I had acne too as a teenager. Although it cleared mostly when I reached adulthood, I still have occasional break-outs that leave me with take-long-to-fade blemish scars, and enlarged pores on my nose which would probably never become completely invisible.

Your description of velvetly skin makes me think of Clinique superfit foundation, which I am using. It covers redness well and does leave a velvetly finish, good for combination/olily skin. But you need to exfoliate and prime well to achieve the perfect flakeless makeup look. I used to think makeup was heavy on my skin too. But once you have found the right makeup item for you, you will love it! A lot of makeup won't make you feel heavy actually.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Washing my face with sea buckthorn soap, using clarisonic, gives me the kind of complexion I never thought I would have. clear and radiant.

Lure Beauty mineral foundations are so light, they even out skin tone without one looking as if one is wearing mu.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Does primer tend to clog pores? I was going to get the one from DHC but I heard that it can clog pores.
isa
5% products discount

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried samples of SK-II moisturizers, which did wonders for my skin. I have normal to combo skin, and I found that the SK-II really evened out the tonality and left my skin so soooo soft to the touch. I only used their moisturizers, not the entire product system which is far too expensive for me, but I would give them a try. I was very impressed.

32. AM: Dr H Cleansing Milk. Neutrogena MicroClear zit in spots. DR H. Rose Day Cream Light. Clinique CityBlock SPF 40. PM: DR H CM, Fenacia cream over rosacea-infected area. Sometimes: L'Occitane Honey cream. Weekly: Aveda Tournaline mask. Contemplating Dr. H. Clay Mask…
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I have just recently bought a pearl paste and primer and have to say this is the most flawless my skin has ever looked, my skin stays matte all day with pores looking much less noticeable.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think regular exfoliation of your skin, moisterizer and invest in a really good powder that does not look fake when on.
DySsign
5% products discount

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I will have to co-sign on the pearl paste. I just reordered from Mary because I have been using the sample for the last month or so. I notice my face seems velvety when I use it, and it has managed to balance my skin tremendously. I normally get an oily nose but I havent experienced that since using the product. I sometimes use MAC tinted moisturizer and then spray the silkpearl hydrating mist--and it comes out really flawless-looking.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |