Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Can I achieve light green eyes with contacts??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have medium brown eyes, kind of orange/amber brown eyes.

I did try on a pair of contacts that gave me olive/green eyes, and royal blue eys, but I want light green or light blue eyes.

Is there anything out there that will give me this color?
jeff mungar

Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
there are many brands of tinted contacts available. you will need an opaque tint to lighten and change a brown eye. contact your local optometrist and they will show you sample colors.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
from what I have observed- it's difficult to change brown eyes to lighter colors without looking artificial.
Brown eyes are so rich and beautiful.... Why cange?
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you.

Well, the reason I sometimes want lighter eyes, is because my eyes are SO small, there is very little white showing, and when I wear eye makeup that is a little darker and dramatic, my eyes disappear, looks like just all darkness, and my eyes are deep set. even with Highlighter around eyes, it still just looks so dark.

I get tired of wearing only light eyeshadow colors, sometimes I want darker colors.

Even when I wear medium blues or purples, my eyes still look so dark/small.

I guess I'll have to check with an opthamologist about it. I was hoping just to order some without doing that, though.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I have dark brown eyes and I tried Freshlooks "Colour Blends" true sapphire hoping to get a light blue eye colour. What I got was awful - My iris is wider than the contact so my blue contacts were rimmed with a brown band and the blue was too dark. I have searched the internet - seems like forever - hoping to find a light blue - but have not found one yet. If you do find one, would you pls. post Exclamation Exclamation
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think if you have brown eyes it will be difficult if not impossible to achieve light green eyes with contacts. I tried this once just for fun and the the green made me look like an alien. The contacts have to be really opaque for covering brown eyes and they look completely unnatural.
Now I just get my fix by staring at my husband's crystal clear turqoise eyes instead!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this once, out of curiosity --dark green to light blue. It looked like cat eyes. ("Alien eyes" is a great description.) Really creepy. Not attractive at all.

I have no doubt that what you think are "dark small" eyes appear as mysterious and sexy eyes to someone else.

Dark eyes are the bomb. We have our own shadows naturally. Great character, secrets, and canyons for others to get lost in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I have dark brown eyes and I tried Freshlooks "Colour Blends" true sapphire hoping to get a light blue eye colour. What I got was awful - My iris is wider than the contact so my blue contacts were rimmed with a brown band and the blue was too dark. I have searched the internet - seems like forever - hoping to find a light blue - but have not found one yet. If you do find one, would you pls. post Exclamation Exclamation

I have very dark brown eyes, almost black and a few years ago I went on a rampage to try and find a contact that would give me green eyes. I was told over and over that the only way you could lighten dark brown eyes was to use an opaque contact. I think the only one that was recommended at the time was the Colour Blends and I found them to be very fake looking close up, although from a distance they looked pretty cool. I think I was given samples of different colours at Wal-mart so you could always check there.

The last few years though I have decided that I really like my brown eyes. I have had people tell me that they love the dark shade of coloured contacts I am wearing. Laughing
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Dark eyes are the bomb. We have our own shadows naturally. Great character, secrets, and canyons for others to get lost in

Sidda, thank you for such a lovely description of dark eyes. I will now no longer look at my (dark brown) eyes and wish for something else! Very Happy
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
to Diana P : what color of contacts do you wear? thanks!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
luvsgracy wrote:
to Diana P : what color of contacts do you wear? thanks!

I actually don't wear contacts. After having no luck with the Colour Blends, I gave up on coloured contacts. But my eyes are such a deep, dark brown that I have had many people tell me they love my coloured contacts. It made me realize that my eyes weren't so blah looking and I learned to love the colour of my eyes.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark brown eyes. I personally found green or blue colored contacts looked fake on me.
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there,

I have researched this extensively. I also have very, very dark brown eyes, almost black. Several years ago for a character I was playing in a film the director wanted lighter eyes. So you have two options. One (the cheaper of the two) is getting contacts called "Illusions" by Ciba Vision. You can order them at Lens.com, of all the colored contacts we tried, these were the most opaque on my dark eyes. And had the least amount of the squiggly lines. The second and most expensive of the two, but also the most realistic is going with a company that does hand painted special order colored contacts. This is what we went with. They work for movies and special effects, but you can order them for personal use. You can send them via mail or email a picture of a person's eye color that you like, and they'll duplicate it for you. They'll send you back a sample contact for you to try and see if that's the color you like. If you're happy with it, u send it back and then they make the final pair with your prescription if you need one. There are several companies that do this, but I know of 3 that are very good, one is called Crystalreflection.com, one called Customcontacts.com and one called 9mmsfx.com. Check out their websites...the work is amazing. The contacts are fitted to fit your eye perfectly, and have a depth that normal colored contacts don't have. The bad news is that the price for custom colored contacts usually ranges between $350-$450! I know expensive....but they will be the only thing that will really change ur color and be believable.

HTH!! Good luck!!
Lola Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
That is wonder advice, lola. I've seen the regular color contacts on a number of people and the effect always seemed unrealistic and creepy. If you're going to do something as dramatic as changing your eye color, I think it's worth an investment of a few hundred dollars to make sure it looks good.
Lily38
5% products discount

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
If you do a search on the internet you can find places where they will make them especially for you. Very natural looking but about $1,000 a pair.

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
from what I have observed- it's difficult to change brown eyes to lighter colors without looking artificial.
Brown eyes are so rich and beautiful.... Why cange?

I agree. Opaque contacts look very strange, on many people. Myself included.

Many years ago, I wasted $400 on a pair of dark green opaque lenses. My eyes are naturally blue-grey. The colored lenses appeared as though my irises were buldging off my eye. Not so fashionable. Shock

Those whom have dark complexions or whose ethnicity denotes that their eyes ought not be baby blue, lavender, or grey: believe me, it looks really strange. Like, Children of the Damned or something! Halloween's around the corner, but I don't advise sporting the look on a regular basis.

That being said, contacts with designs give me the heebie-jeebies. One of my best friends (blue eyed) has taken to wearing pale blue lenses which have swirly flecks on them. She's my friend, and I love her to pieces, but ... find it hard to look her in the eye when she's wearing them. Not her best look, I'm afraid.

http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/immortaleyes.asp

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Here's an example of me wearing lighter blue opaque contacts. I have dark eyes more to the green side. I don't adore the look with lighter lenses, because as a few have said, it's slightly alien-ish... I prefer the natural look, but different colors are fun too sometimes.

natural: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/SiriusDelirius/naturaleyes.jpg

fake: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/SiriusDelirius/eyes.jpg

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |