Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Are eye creams really necessary?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Vanna, I've read that book which reinforced my idea that eye creams are unnecessary. I've always used my moisture cream around my eyes. That was before I started reading this board....

I'm new here and I'm overwelmed by all the information I found! I only wish people gave their age group because what works for young or middle agers may not work for mature womem. I often wonder if even the Baby Quasar will help rebuild collagen. Isn't collagen nearly all gone by the time we reach 60?

Maybe Winnie can help me out here. She's so knowledgeable. So, can eye cream, Remergent DNA Repair and gadgets help seniors achieve tightness of face skin?

Thank you all for your great posts and thank you for reading mine.

I sent you a PM so I wouldn't get off topic. Cool

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
vanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Vidisha, I'm soooo sorry! Embarassed Looks like I need to start worrying about my sight too!
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wennie, you are an inspiration !!!!!!!!!!
You go girl !111
I started using CP serum 2 mos. ago. I don't think I see improvements yet. At the same time I started taking C Ester, 1000 mgs. and MSM. Also Amino 3000 Burst.I tried Remergent and Murad. Too expensive for me to keep up. I've never herd of Janson Beckett.
My debate is still what eye cream is good for older skin. Any suggestions?
Also can HA serum be used for eyes?
thanks a bunch
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
You go girl !111
I started using CP serum 2 mos. ago. I don't think I see improvements yet. At the same time I started taking C Ester, 1000 mgs. and MSM. Also Amino 3000 Burst.I tried Remergent and Murad. Too expensive for me to keep up. I've never herd of Janson Beckett.
thanks a bunch

HA serum can definitely be used for eyes. I use it all the time!! Cool
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
You go girl !111
thanks a bunch

HA serum can be used around the eye area. You must put an eye cream on top as HA solo can be drying. If your eye cream has HA included in the ingredients it's fine. Just don't use straight HA on your eyes or face without a moisturizer on top.

hmm Eye creams are such a personal thing. In my case I need something to take down the puffies and at the same time keep the skin firm. I am very fond of Dremu Airbrush. The price is right PLUS light, hydrating and firming. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I started using an eye cream daily (in theory - I'm lazy and forgetful when it comes to much of my routine, oddly enough!) based on the advice of my mom and her friends, and Winnie's advice only confirms this - START YOUNG! That's how I've always been about sunscreen for the face, too - I've been hardcore about using facial sunscreen since my early teens, and I know it's helped slow down the aging process (no age spots/pigmentation, and very few fine lines so far). I'm still in my 20s, so I'm sure that most of the damage I'll start to see has yet to show its face, but I think using an eye cream does help.

But I use my regular facial moisturizer all over, and then put eye cream on top of that in just the eye area. I don't think most well-formulated facial moisturizers will do harm to your eye area - it's just that extra boost of moisture and any other actives that your eyes may want. I also often limit eye cream use to just at nighttime, if I feel like it. As I said before, I'm not always consistent, but I'm trying to be! Very Happy

If I use eye cream during the day, I try to let it soak in well before applying sunscreen on top, so the SS doesn't slip off because of the extra-emollient cream. I also sometimes dust with Peter Thomas Roth powder sunscreen around my eyes, but I don't like the effect it gives since it's darker than my skin tone - I tend to only do this in the summer.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Some people may need a separate specific product for the eye area as it tends to be more sensitive than others (also you're applying close to the eyes which can be more sensitive to some ingredients).

I am not regular about applying product but I have used both items made for face and specific eye products. Winnie - after reading your post, I'm going to become more REGULAR about applying eye cream!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
How could I forget sun glasses. Invest in a good pair that block all the rays and keep you from squinting. Sunglasses are a hugh antiaging aid. Cool

nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's not. I can use facial cream as eye cream.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely need an eye cream. I have ever since I was in my late teens because it has always been so dry there.

I've tried a few (not a lot but a few) and always end up going back to Nivea Q10 eye cream. But I think I would like something more in ways of FIRMING my upper eye lid (my PS who does my injectables recommended an eye job Sad ) and more moisturizing for my lower...so two separate creams.

Any rec's would be appreciated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
edited to remove DIY home based business product.
I'll take Winnie's recommendation and try Dremu Airbrush. I also have residual under eye puffiness from surgery. Several years ago I had my eyes done. My under eye bags used to be HUGE! I had them all my life - probably even as a baby - And they made me miserable.
I have been happy with the results. The little puffiness I have now is nothing compared with the baloons I used to have, but still, if Dremu works for me it would be an added improvement.
My other issue with my eyes is that, because of surgery, I'm beginning to develop vertical lines from the outer corners down.
That reminds me of Dr. Perricone saying that plastic surgery just rearranges the lines on our faces...
Can the Baby Q improve the skin around the eyes? I've read that you're supposed to wear goggles and stay away from eyes. I want a BQ so bad. I was bidding on one on Ebay and when I thought I was winning I was so excited I couldn't even sleep. But I didn't win it, price when too high for me.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
edited to removed home base business information

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
edited to removed home base business information. Please use our PM system to discuss.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
That reminds me of Dr. Perricone saying that plastic surgery just rearranges the lines on our faces...
Can the Baby Q improve the skin around the eyes? I've read that you're supposed to wear goggles and stay away from eyes. I want a BQ so bad. I was bidding on one on Ebay and when I thought I was winning I was so excited I couldn't even sleep. But I didn't win it, price when too high for me.

You no longer have to wear goggles while using the BQ. Just keep your eyes closed. You can go all around the orbital bone of the eye. Don't put the BQ or SP directly over the eye ball. I use it under my brow, on my crows feet and directly under my eye. Hope this helps.

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I have also read that facial moisturizer should be enough. In my twenties, I mainly used eye creams that focused on puffy eyes. This was from studying at night, allergies and maybe too much salt in my diet.
I am not sure what made this problem stop now. I switched to Cellcosmet when I first joined EDS and can't go back to anything else. Although, I am still searching for a firming type of eye cream or gel, because with age, your skin may look good, but your skin can sag.
Every morning, I apply Vivier vitamin C 20% around my eyes in hope to maintain skin firmness and even tone, then I apply Cellcosmet, then sunblock. My dermotalagist told me it is okay top apply sunblock around your eye area, including my eye lid. (It seems that I get a skin burn when I'm in the sun too long)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Firming upper lid - try PSF's Cranberry eye gel, wait 5 minutes for it to absorb and continue with the dmae gel over. My favorite undereye is a home-based business product. PM me if you want to know. Works great.
vanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
After reading some of your posts, I see that most of you would agree that using an eye cream is necessary -- at least for some of us. I think the issue is more about finding the "right" eye cream. As I mentioned in my original post, although I've been using one for years, it turned out to be doing more damage than good, as it was actually dehydrating my eye contour. In this case, I imagine I would've been better off using a regular moisturizer!

Sigh... The search continues! Smile
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
This thread makes interesting reading. I have worked for a few different skincare lines. At product training it was always emphasized that eye cream was required for a couple of reasons...
skin around eye area is more delicate than facial skin so
(1) regular moisturizer is too heavy and can actually weigh the skin down and make things worse
(2) regular moisturizer and its active ingredients will not penetrate the skin around the eye area as the skin is too fine...will be ineffective and may cause milia

To be honest I always wondered if this was just propoganda to scare people into buying eye creams and making the companies more money.

I guess i've not yet found my HG eye cream. Maybe then I'd be convinced. The comments above have made me think that I should keep on searching though...or I might be regretting it in a few years time. Shock
Thanks for getting me thinking guys.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |