Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
eye makeup remover/cleanser that removes eye makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I have just recieved my Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream Very Happy

But I need to take my makeup off first. I usually take it off with my cleanser as I dont' like to drag my mascara off with eye makeup remover. Anyone got any recommendations. Maybe a cheaper/basic thing from the local shop would do as I've spent money on a deep cleanser.

Any ideas?? wave
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:50 am      Reply with quote
GATINEAU FLORACIL whoops didnt realise I was in capitals! Rolling Eyes make up remover, specially for the eyes! Its fabulous!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:57 am      Reply with quote
When I was younger I used baby oil to remove eye make-up, it works great except don't plan on using before you want to put makeup back on again cause its kinda greasy, but it is great for night-time use!
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I tried that before but i used to wake up with puffy eyes!!
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh I have discovered a great makeup remover wash if anyone is interested! Very Happy Its Simple Foaming Cleanser. It got rid of all my mascara and eyeliner with no rubbing and no black streaks down my face. I LOVE it. Its really gentle

But you do need another cleanser to deep down clean. I might just use it as eye makeup remover. Very Happy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have trouble with eye makeup remover because it would make my eyes puffy and watery. So, I just quit removing my mascara. Confused

Until, that is, my esthetician gave me a proper scolding and told me she was seeing too many of my lashes coming out when she cleansed them before dying the lashes. Yes, I'm old enough to be going grey even on the lashes. Mad

I had an old remover that came from a skincare line that a friend of mine created, and it's been great, but alas, I'm running out. Surprised

Same esthetician told me yesterday that if I wanted one that is clear and water-looking that Merle Norman has a great one. So, it's off to the MN store for me. Cool
JUDY

5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using one-- I think it's from Maybelline-- which works pretty well. It's in a small off-white bottle with pink writing and a pink screw off lid. About 4 bucks, I believe. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I use helena rubenstein's " all mascaras" witch is superb in order to remove eye make-up
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm addicted to DHC Deep Cleansing Oil for all makeup and sunscreen removal. It rinses off completely!

-Cheri
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I would rec. Clinique take the day off makeup remover for which is for eyes, lash, lids, and lips. I really like this and doesn't dry out my skin
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Origins Well Off Eye Make Up Remover is very nice and inexpensive, even for very sensitive skin like mine.
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I really love the Decleor eye make-up remover. It's very gentle, smells like roses, and works well. I don't use waterproof mascara, though. If you use waterproof make-up, Chanel's bi-phasic eye make-up remover is wonderful (and makes your skin really soft) but people I know who have used that also say that the Mary Kay remover is just as good and a lot cheaper.
em
5% products discount

Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! i use Simple Conditioning Eye Make-up remover, removes waterproof mascara; contains active ingredient Pro-Vitamin B5 and is 100% oil free and most importantly, is suitable for contact-lens wearers! Very Happy cheap but good.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have a lot of trouble with mascara remover because what I got (years ago) seemed to have oil or something else that irritated my eyes and my eyes would water and then get red and puffy overnight. Not a pretty sight in the morning. Crying or Very sad

I began using a product from a friend of mine who owned her own skincare and makeup company and it's been great. Clear watery looking liquid, but I just dip a Q-tip in it and it all comes right off, with no eye irritation. Smile

Problem is, she no longer has that company and I'm coming to the END OF THE BOTTLE Sad

I did have someone recommend a similar remover by Merle Norman the other day and said it should work in a similar way.

Has anyone ever tried their eye makeup remover?

JUDY

5% products discount

Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I second that on Chanel's bi-phase makeup remover..so soft and comes right off, but it is a bit $$

jill
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Simple one too, its light, no smell and a nice price!
em
5% products discount

Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Spot on Lee! Very Happy it has a cooling sensation afterwards as well!
Mabsy

Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:35 am      Reply with quote
em wrote:
it has a cooling sensation afterwards as well!

Oh I've gotta get me some of this!!! Very Happy
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love using vaseline as eye makeup remover. It's so gentle and soothing. I wash my face, then I smooth vaseline around my eye area and wipe it off. I don't wash the rest off because it moisturizes while I sleep. Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
clin1202 wrote:
I love using vaseline as eye makeup remover. It's so gentle and soothing. I wash my face, then I smooth vaseline around my eye area and wipe it off. I don't wash the rest off because it moisturizes while I sleep. Smile

I'd be concerned about using a petroleum product, especially around the eyes.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba oil! great for eye makeup or face makeup removal! Cheap too! Good for skin.
I also like Almay dual phase and Avon perfectwear makeup remover. None of those sting my eyes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I have the Maybelline one that "MyOwnLittleWorld" mentioned too. It does remove mascara quite well, but I find is very oily as well, so not so good if wanting to reapply make-up in short-term.
I also have a Ella Bache eye & lip exfoliant which is really good. It too is a bit oily, but doesn't leave as much residue as the Maybelline.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a lot of them and my all-time fave is the Ultima II eye makeup remover because it's completely non-oily and somehow it just seems to dissolve the eye makeup like magic (no rubbing). Unfortunately, it's not very effective in removing waterproof eye makeup. Now I'm partial to the new Bare Escentuals eye makeup remover (can't recall the exact name). The stuff is half blue/half clear and you shake it up to activate/mix the layers. It's gentle and removes even stubbon waterproof eye makeup.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Now I'm partial to the new Bare Escentuals eye makeup remover (can't recall the exact name). The stuff is half blue/half clear and you shake it up to activate/mix the layers. It's gentle and removes even stubbon waterproof eye makeup.

Is the BE eye makeup remover of a consistency like water? The one I've been using that is no longer made (another company) is that way and works like a charm. Oily ones seem to irritate my eyes and I wake up "puffy". Crying or Very sad

JUDY

Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:20 am      Reply with quote
NutriMinC RE REnewing Gelee Creme, Hydrating Wash formulated by Arbonne International. It's an emollient, cream-based and pH correct gel cleanser that thoroughly cleans without stripping or drying. Renews skin surface while key RE elements target and deliver protection. It is great for all skin types. If you would like a free sample just let me know...I would be more than happy to send you a sample pack.
Betsy
rsooner41@yahoo.com
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |