Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamins are YUCKY! Any recommendations for a small 1/day?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I think they taste gross and are too big. I'd love to find one that I can take once a day that isn't a horse pill. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Renee

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
What about this one...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
This is not a complete list of vitamins. I wouldn't take it. Plus I hate chewing my vitamins. I heard the GNC Women's Ultra Mega is supposed to be very good. You should look for multivitamins that offer 100% DV in most major vitamins. Vit K is important and I don't that listed here. Problem with the GNC one I see is you have to take 4 of them to equal one serving. YUCK!! I hate taking vitamins, too, so I feel your pain. However I force myself to take like 10 or more vitamins a day. Sad One I definitely can't live without is a probiotics. I need help in that dept.

ETA: I just googled for the best one-a-day multivitamins for women, and one of the results I got is this:
http://www.womens-health-fitness.com/best-multi-vitamins.html

Quote:
"What Should The Best Multi Vitamins Contain?"

The most important fact you must realize is that even the best womens multi vitamins available need more than just vitamins in the formula.

The reason?

Vitamins and other nutrients work synergistically, meaning that other nutrients are required for the any of the vitamins to even work a little bit. Some examples of this include the fact that calcium needs vitamin D to be absorbed and vitamin E requires zinc.

In addition it's been proven that a number of different enzymes and herbs can dramatically improve the effectiveness of the best womens multi vitamins.

This is one reason why the best multi vitamins need to include a completely scientifically formulated balance of minerals, herbal extracts, enzymes, and other nutrients, in addition to the actual vitamins.

Another factor that determines if the best womens multi vitamins are really the best womens multi vitamins for you is the fact that women need to use a slightly different formula than men.

Men and women have different nutrient needs such as needing certain herbal extracts such as black cohosh and wild yam to help balance female hormones.

The best womens multi vitamins also cannot be one a day multi vitamins. The reason? How can you stuff all the nutrients and vitamins needed into one capsule? You can't because there's a limit to how much you can put in one tablet before it gets as big as a soccer ball.

A one a day tablet or capsule simply cannot possibly contain everything needed in a multi vitamin at sufficient quantities. So if you see a brand of multi vitamins that claims to be the best womens multi vitamins but are the one-a-day type, you know to stay clear of them.

No idea if they're trying to sell something. I haven't checked the link they provided later on in the article yet.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
You might want to check this list of one-a-day vitamins:

http://www.evitamins.com/product_grid_sub.asp?subID=106&catID=57

Don't have to buy it here, but this site seems to offer a few that you can compare labels.

BTW, I tried Country Life Multivitamins, and I think the serving size is 2 caps. It smelled so YUCKY that I almost gagged. I couldn't continue to take it. Right now, I am not taking any multis b/c I am taking GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails and Nourishair, and think they got tons of vitamins in them already.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
How about a drink ie Multivitamins drink 10 there are loads on the market some very small and easy to take
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you, Renee - I hate vitamins and am terrible about taking them. One relatively good one-a-day I found was the Trader Joe's one-a-day vitamin and mineral supplement that's specifically for women. If you have TJs in your area, you might want to check it out! It still tastes like crap and is annoying to swallow, but at least you only have to take one!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
This is not a complete list of vitamins. I wouldn't take it. Plus I hate chewing my vitamins. I heard the GNC Women's Ultra Mega is supposed to be very good. You should look for multivitamins that offer 100% DV in most major vitamins. Vit K is important and I don't that listed here. Problem with the GNC one I see is you have to take 4 of them to equal one serving. YUCK!! I hate taking vitamins, too, so I feel your pain. However I force myself to take like 10 or more vitamins a day. Sad One I definitely can't live without is a probiotics. I need help in that dept.

ETA: I just googled for the best one-a-day multivitamins for women, and one of the results I got is this:
http://www.womens-health-fitness.com/best-multi-vitamins.html

Quote:
"What Should The Best Multi Vitamins Contain?"

The most important fact you must realize is that even the best womens multi vitamins available need more than just vitamins in the formula.

The reason?

Vitamins and other nutrients work synergistically, meaning that other nutrients are required for the any of the vitamins to even work a little bit. Some examples of this include the fact that calcium needs vitamin D to be absorbed and vitamin E requires zinc.

In addition it's been proven that a number of different enzymes and herbs can dramatically improve the effectiveness of the best womens multi vitamins.

This is one reason why the best multi vitamins need to include a completely scientifically formulated balance of minerals, herbal extracts, enzymes, and other nutrients, in addition to the actual vitamins.

Another factor that determines if the best womens multi vitamins are really the best womens multi vitamins for you is the fact that women need to use a slightly different formula than men.

Men and women have different nutrient needs such as needing certain herbal extracts such as black cohosh and wild yam to help balance female hormones.

The best womens multi vitamins also cannot be one a day multi vitamins. The reason? How can you stuff all the nutrients and vitamins needed into one capsule? You can't because there's a limit to how much you can put in one tablet before it gets as big as a soccer ball.

A one a day tablet or capsule simply cannot possibly contain everything needed in a multi vitamin at sufficient quantities. So if you see a brand of multi vitamins that claims to be the best womens multi vitamins but are the one-a-day type, you know to stay clear of them.

No idea if they're trying to sell something. I haven't checked the link they provided later on in the article yet.

Chewing doesn't sound as bad since these are chocolate flavored!! I figure it's better than nothing and since I know I never stick with the other kind, I guess it's worth a shot! What kind of probiotics are you taking? I was thinking of starting those (Garden of Life Primal Defense) and maybe some Digestive Enzymes...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking the NSI brand one from vitacost, but lately I am having serious doubt about the quality of NSI vitamins, so I am going to switch.

The two probiotics I am eyeing on are:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=145335&catid=2452
(I read Dr. Wells' blog on Lactobacillus GG which he highly recommended, so I got interested in it. I started reading more about it, and it sounded like it worked well. It's basically the Lactobacillus Rhamnosus strain. The GG comes from the initials of the two doctors' last names who discovered this strain, and they patented it. I didn't know you could patent microbes! This brand got raving reviews.)

http://www.vitacost.com/Nutrition-Now-PB-8-Pro-Biotic-Acidophilus-for-Life
This brand also got great reviews, and it got several other strains of probiotics, but in addition it got inulin in it, too, which is supposed to be what the probiotics like to feast on if I understand it correctly. Anyone with better understanding of this feel free to correct me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl - why are you having serious doubt about the quality of NSI vitamins?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |