Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair spray with super-fine mist even at close range?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hey gals, I could use some hair help!

I only recently started using hair spray to fasten my bangs/fringe into place, so I don't have much experience with selecting good products. Because I'm trying to target JUST my bangs, and because I try to avoid getting it on my face, I tend to spray at a pretty close range. This means that my current spray clings in large, obvious droplets, or it just soaks my bangs and sort of pastes them together.

Is there any spray that doesn't do this, or do I just have to learn to somehow squirt my bangs without making my whole head all sticky and hairspray-covered too? I use my hand to shield my eyes and forehead, but I find that spraying from a longer range means the drops go all over, not just on my bangs. I'm SOOOO not a hairspray expert. Any tips you guys have would be most welcome!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever considered Murreys Pomade? Its not a hairspray but a super hold texturizer. The smallest dab will hold all day, even course hair. Love the retro packaging too.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hm, that's a new item for me! I'm a little freaked out by how they describe methods like washing with dish soap or Coca-Cola to get it out, haha, but then I sometimes soak my head in vinegar so I guess I can't really talk. Laughing I'll have to check that out - thanks for the recommendation. Do you happen to know of any sites that post the ingredients for Murray's products?

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Petrolatum , Mineral Oil , Fragrance.

I cant stress how little you are suppose to use on Caucasian hair. Remember this is meant for AA hair and certain looks that are a bit dated. If you use the smallest swipe off the top it will wash out like any other product, a tin should last you a lifetime.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hm, I may have to give this or another pomade I have a try, but I think super emollient stuff like that usually tends to a) break out my forehead and b) make me look super-greasy. When I use greasy products like that I usually top them with my Bumble and Bumble powder since that soaks up the greasy look, but now we're getting complicated hahaha. I'm so funny, I'm such a novice to actual hair styling products as I've always worn my hair naturally until very recently. But I look so GOOD with straight hair! Laughing

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Hm, I may have to give this or another pomade I have a try, but I think super emollient stuff like that usually tends to a) break out my forehead and b) make me look super-greasy.

Thats why you apply to the top of your hair rather than under or all through. I know what you mean though, I'll keep my ears open for good hairspray recs.

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I so wish I hadn't gotten rid of all my pomades and waxes/creams from when I had short hair... I could really use some of that control now! Thank you for the rec and for keeping an eye out. I feel like it's more in the dispensing than the actual product, but then what do I know. Laughing

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Check this out, Elnett Hairspray . Ive read LOTS of great stuff about this spray.

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |