Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shea Butter
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Shea butter seems to be very good for your skin. Sisley's Creme reperatrice also contains shea butter but I would like to know where to find pure shea butter and which brand carrries products containing only shea butter.

Thanx, Smile

Medusa
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I only ever use L'Occitane soaps as they contain shea butter and leave the skin so moisturised and soft. I also use their hand cream and foot cream both containing shea butter. They do pots of pure shea butter, which I use on my lips, cuticles, elbows and knees, its fantastic..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:48 am      Reply with quote
L'occitane has a 100% shea butter it sells in a tin, it also has a range of products that contain shea butter at a good %.

I've seen these but don't know about the quality.
http://www.karitegold.com/

http://www.puresheabutter.com/

http://www.sheainstitute.com/
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Gucci and Eve, thank you so much for the quick reply Smile !

I saw many companies selling shea butter online but I wanted to get it from a good recommended company. Shea butter isnt expensive but the shipping costs are 10 times the products price Shock

Thanx for the links Eve! Cool
Where can I get L'Occitane in Europe? TIA.

Medusa
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I know QVC sells it and you can get it online
http://www.loccitane.com/index.asp
there are a few stores in europe usually in the main city.
I bought some lovely mimosa perfume from their. Smile
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:33 am      Reply with quote
L'Occitane have there own website its www.loccitane.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Hello Medusa:

I get my raw shea butter from Olive Tree Soaps:

in website click on supplies section:
http://www.olivetreesoaps.com/

I have found this supplier to have the best prices and great quality shea. You can use it as is -- when it makes contact with the skin it will melt. Or you can melt it in the microwave and whip it with a mixer to make a "whipped shea butter" or you can just melt it straight and pour it into a jar as a balm consistency.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
i have a gift card for $75 for loccitane. I want to know what are their best products...thats has worked for any of you.
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:35 am      Reply with quote
ooooh Merci beaucoup Ladies Very Happy

I have mailed some of the links for more information, waiting for reply.

Has anyone used unrefined Shea butter and how was it like?

Medusa
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:54 am      Reply with quote
not as 'clean' as the L'occitane product but worth it if you're on a budget.

Strawberry, I recommend the foot scrub, foot cream and hand cream, lovely stuff.
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
thanx eve Smile will try them.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
You can purchase on line or over the phone from nasabb dot com or karitegold from the U.S. In Canada at allnaturalcosmetics and reelizz. REAL shea butter makes a superb moisturizer.
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am a newbie here, but not on the effects of shea butter. If you have researched it then you know the endless uses of it. Not only for your skin, but also your hair too. I have used it on my elbows and feet with wonderful effects. I get mine at a local soapmaker/herbalist. She has the pure shea butter and shea butter with aloe. My mother uses the second one on her face. Her face is extremely dry. Shea butter is also great for sunburns too. Both preventative and healing.I am not associated with this soapmaker in anyway, and if this is against the rules then please feel free to edit. But here is her webaddress: Sadiesherbalgarden.com.

[/url]
Maggie B.

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Crabtree & Evelyn makes a Goatmilk Hand Therapy hand cream that contains shea butter. The product is made in Great Britain but is sold in the U.S. I think it is great!
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Shea butter is so emollient, it works well on dry patches.. lips, elbows, feet, cuticles.. but I tend to slather so much on it gets gooey. What I do sometimes is heat it up in the microwave for 10 seconds and then it has more of a lotion consistency.

Strawberry-
I must have purchased the shea butter tin from L'Occtaine about 3 years ago and I'm still using it. It lasts so long because it's thick and goes quite far. I also like their shea butter hand creme, candles and l'eau d'toilette.. they have rose and green tea scent, which are heavenly!! L'Occtaine is known for their shea butter line so it's the best bet.
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
i'd endorse L'occitane shea butter products also. Hand cream is fantastic but can be a little greasy for day-time use but brill for over night and the only thing to fix yucky hard skin feet is their foot lotion - or if really bad use the hand cream on your feet also. the shea butter soaps and liquid soaps are divine - my favourite being the almond one.

I always have a small pot of the shea butter with me - great for lips, cuticles and anywhere the skin is dry.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Pure,unrefined shea butter should not be expensive. You can also go towww.allnaturalscosmetics.ca to get good deals.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Strawberry wrote:
i have a gift card for $75 for loccitane. I want to know what are their best products...thats has worked for any of you.

I want to know too
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Cocoa Butter is also very effective. I prefer this to shea butter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I agree I prefer cocoa butter. I feel like shea is really greasy.
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I buy all my butters, oils, E.O.'s at Garden of Wisdom. Great products, great prices, great customer service. They ship to Greece, too, and I've never had a problem.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
cocoa butter in high concentrations has a tendency to clog pores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
ww.thepureboutique.com has free trade shea butter. And free shipping over $50.

I like the foundation she offers. Its not too drying for me and I got a good colour rec from talking to her.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Medusa wrote:
Shea butter seems to be very good for your skin. Sisley's Creme reperatrice also contains shea butter but I would like to know where to find pure shea butter and which brand carrries products containing only shea butter.

Thanx, Smile

Medusa
Go to Nasabb.com. They have the unrefined and the prices are FANTASTIC and the shea butter is whipped and creamy with NOTHING added.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Unrefined shea butter is much more effective than the refined version that most products contain. I used to like the L'Occitane Shea products until I got to try different versions of the unrefined, raw shea butter.

Apparentely when they refine shea butter, the process actually destroys all the positive benefits that the actual shea butter contains.

There are lots of places now selling unrefined shea butter.
www.anitagrant.co.uk

she sells lovely unrefined shea butter, but her Amaretto di Cupuacu Body Butter is amazing!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |