Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

enlarged pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have a 2 rather large pores on the one side of my nose that are soo much bigger than the rest that they are really obvious to the eye. I know I cannot eliminate them but was wondering if someone has some suggestions on how to somehow shrink them if possible. They're so ugly:(

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
First use clean mask to clear the dirt in the pores, and then use astringent( or toner) to close the pores. Hope it helps.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem and the only way to control them is to do regular exfoliation, use BHA, Omega 3 oil or jojoba oil and vitamin C.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Maybe TCA Cross method will help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I agree with all of the above suggestions, especially with cleaning out the pores and exfoliating (I use BHA and AHA on alternate nights).

But please don't over-treat your skin since you might get too sensitive and irritated and that creates a whole slew of new problems.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Mabsy

Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Cleaning out the pores should be your best bet at making them appear smaller. Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream works wonderfully well for that but it is a bit of a hassle to use so requires some level of commitment. I saw great results after ~2 weeks of twice daily use. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for everyones suggestions. I just purchased 2% BHA from paula's choice and hopefully that will do the job at cleaning my pores out/ making them appear smaller Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
The only Biore' product I've used is their skin strips, but the couple of times I've used them on my nose, it really seems to lift out a lot of stuff, looks like tiny white sticks all over the strip. Just a thought, this might help clean out those enlarged pores so you could get started using the good stuff recommended.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
junassara
5% products discount

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
yeah the pores on my nose were getting bigger and bigger so I was getting worried so I did some research and came across an article that said to not extract them yourself because that makes them bigger...so I stopped and have been keeping to a good exfoliation routine and using vit c and my moisturizers of course and I can see a difference...ooohhh I forgot the best part I got a clarisonic face brush and that makes a difference also I think.
Resolutionary

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
i have one of those on my nose too.

I think it's from a previous blackhead or something - like a scar. i find that clinique pore minimizer helps fill it in, but nothing can really "heal" it that i'm aware of. i would try some healing biological oils if i were you: such as tamanu oil, emu, or squalane. i hear tamanu is a powerful healer...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I used to have one and accidentally after I used Decleror's whitening arromaessense (for whitening skin) it actually minimized the pore. I think Decleror must have other oil to minimize skin pores.

Btw, Estee lauder has a new product in green bottle like the Advanced repair. U can take a look at that one.

C
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I would use the clarisonic, which reduces pore size and maybe dermabrasion to keep it smooth and make it look smaller, combined with some products mentioned above. The important thing is to keep the pores clean! If they get clogged, they keep getting bigger etc.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
A temporary solution would be clinique pore minimizer,its $16 and works great to fill in large pores.a more expensive solution would be a filler like radiesse(should last a year) or a permanent filler like artefill(expensive but sometimes you can buy mini syringes instead of the full one)
yuangao2
5% products discount

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
1. cle de peau oil control gel
2. fresh rose mask
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |