Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Natura Bisse Inhibit Dermafill
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard about or tried this brand new product. If price makes it good, it's $385 US! It's a treatment based on amino acids which they indicate are absorbed into the skin easier. This complex claims to relax & smooth expression lines plus it has "voluminizing fillers". You can only get it @ Neiman Marcus (in US) or @ pircosmetics.com (in Canada). It sounds interesting to say the least!
audrey
5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
i bought the natura bisse stimul-eye active gel and i was not impressed. the AlphaDerma sample is doing better and i will most likely buy their eye serum. However, Neiman is offerring free facials with the natura products.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for telling me about the Neiman Marcus free samples - it would be important to be able to try some for a couple of weeks minimum to see if there was any improvement. I had my monthly facial yesterday & my aesthetician said that the trade magazines have talked about amino acids lately. She also mentioned that the better condition that your skin was in (ie facials, proper cleansing & care with good products) the longer it could take to see if any new products were working.
I must say that I am right up there with the product junkies here & I LOVE the AlphaDerma CE (enough to purchase the other things in their line) & I LOVE the TNS, & I LOVE my everything Valmont so something tells me that I would LOVE the Inhibit Dermafill as well. Another LOVE is YSL Temps Majeur Creme - a thin, thin layer patted on top of my other loves is heaven.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I read your reply, Audrey, & took facial for samples. Go figure. I'll try them for an Inhibit Dermafill sample anyway. There does seem to be a big natura bisse price range so maybe this is one of the better products. See - even though I misread, you did help me. Embarassed
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I would NOT pay $385 for an amino acid product. Anything with acetyl hexapeptide-3, has 6 amino acids and you can get quality serums containing ah-3 for anywhere from $50 to $150. I do look for Argireline (trademarked) when I'm looking for acetyl hexapeptide-3 though because it's the one that has done the clinical trials to back up it's claims.

I hate to say this, but you would be totally shocked if you knew what most of the cosmetics that we buy actually cost to make. There is a HUGE markup in skincare.

Now, I'm not a person to buy the cheapest version of anything I buy and sometimes I do believe in the most expensive in some things, but most of the time, I go for the middle priced products, knowing that it's probably just as good as the outrageously priced ones.

JUDY

5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well, i've just about given up on this product but tell me, is it worth going for the facial, or should i just can it and go to my fav salon instead? by the way, i am lov'n that Alpha Derma
and Ruth, you read just fine.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I am always impressed with the wealth of knowledge here in the forum! Judy, I didn't have any idea that the hexapeptide 3 ingredient was amino acid inclusive!! Surprised And Audrey, I am loving the AlphaDerma CE more every day. I don't know why I even turn my head to look at other stuff.....I know that I am easily influenced but I should be more informed in the search of my holy grail. You're right - it might not cost a fortune. Since I joined this group I have learned so much!! Thank you both - lots. I'm off to google hexapeptide 3.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Judy, I just did my "googling" on hexapeptide 3. I posted the thread on the Skincare Review Forum. Awesome information. Thank you. Very Happy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well, thank you very much (need a smiley of Elvis there) Laughing

Glad to help any way I can!
JUDY

5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth, why are you LOVIN your AlphaDerma CE? What is it doing for your skin? And how can you tell what the AlphaDerma CE is doing when you're also using several other products you LOVE as well?

Just curious Shhh

crinklecut ~~~
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Good question! I actually don't use them everywhere. I have been using cleansing, toning, using the AlphaDerma Prep all over (neck & decollete too), AlphaDerma CE on my cheeks, mouth, neck - all the way around the sides & back of it), Janson Beckett Okusil around my eyes & TNS on my forehead (kind of a test to compare). Then, I use a light textured moisturizer of my choice over everything. At night, after toning, I throw in a vitamin c product (I haven't picked my favourite yet) & slap on some Frownies (under my fringe on my forehead). Last night I read in a book by Senta Maria Runge that you should top the moisturizer on you neck with a fine oil because there aren't any oil glands there (I have samples of aromatic oils that will be perfect).
It sounds like alot and I guess it is but I wait until each product has dried before I add the next - really, after toning it's only like two steps more just alot of bottles. The Runge book (Face Lifting by Exercise Neutral has a lovely pampering way to cleanse your face & shows how easy - yikes - you can crunch & permanently wrinkle your neck Shock ). I don't wear any makeup unless we are going out & then I cleanse, tint my moisturizer, apply blush, do my eyes & that's it.
I am in definite denial about aging Rolling Eyes but like the song says "I enjoy being a girl!" I am the most shy, anxious, least vain (honest), and average looking person that you would ever meet. I don't work - no time Laughing - & need to lose 15 lbs (that's another story) so I do this all for me (but like the compliments from my husband & family). Whew! Sounds like I need a couch but talking to a you is better than a shrink. I am sure that some of you understand! I am very blessed to be able to enjoy all of this & basically a very happy person that can't wait to try some StriVectin.......
audrey
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:39 am      Reply with quote
dear ruth,
I am most intrigued by your routine, esp. about the Okusil for the eye area. please tell me more as i am about to invest in some. Today i went for a wonderful Vitamin C facial and bougt (yet again) some products:Skin Ceuticals: Serum 20; hydrating B5 Gel; and ultimate UV defense. the esthestitian (who was very good) thought the alpha derma was doing a good job and she suggested alternating the serum and gel on top of it. she was absolutely adamant that i buy the uv defense and that i use it daily. any thoughts?
i must admit i have become a product junkie. Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
Last night I read in a book by Senta Maria Runge that you should top the moisturizer on you neck with a fine oil because there aren't any oil glands there (I have samples of aromatic oils that will be perfect).

Ruth... I wonder if it would also be good to apply a light oil to the eye area, avoiding the lid, since I understand this area also has no oil glands and is one of the dryest places on our body and the first to show age. Any thoughts on that?
JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I like the Okusil alot. It's a slightly runny clear gel & smooths on really well. I wonder about a light oil on top - maybe another Shock layer of eye cream (which would be ophthalmologically better). To tell you the truth, my eyes are very sensitive & so hooded that at times they squish down my eyelashes. Quite often I "redo" around them mid-day. I'm also trying exercises for them (a teeny tiny bit of improvement) but they seem to be at the surgery stage and there is no way that I will do that. The Okusil is seeming to smooth everything & make the "fold" less crepey and it's only been a little over a week.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I have enjoyed your posts, especially about the improvement to your upper eye.
When I went to the Alphaderma Okusil site, it says to use it only under the eye! Which is correct?
Many thanks,
Maria
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting posts here gals and not much to add as I haven't tried the alphaderma yet, but I would like to say to Audrey, USE THE SUNSCREEN!!!! If you are really serious about caring for your skin, even if you aren't that bothered about aging etc, you must use sun screen.
Lecture over, you may go!

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Maria - I use the Okusil all around my orbital bone. Underneath my eyes, around the sides & under my brow (with a pat in the centre of my lids). I know that they don't recommend it but I am really careful that it dosn't go near or in my eye. So far so good. Wink
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I was one step away from purchasing the Natura Bisse dermafill inhibit (a friend works for them Rolling Eyes and is trying to convince me, and with Neimans beauty week coming up ie, gift with purchase etc.) Then I stumbled onto this site (thank the lord)and now I have to do some research. The good thing with purchasing the Natura stuff from Neimans is that if it doesn't work no matter if you use the whole bottle, you can get your money back no questions asked (of course they will ask why you didn't like it). I did that with the regular inhibit. It did nothing for me. I think 385.00 is just a tad bit expensive for a beauty product, but if it works maybe not.
missboo
5% products discount

Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
This is a late post to this, but I just recently received sample of this with Neiman Marcus purchase and this stuff is incredible!! Much better than Relax-A-Line of Freeze 24/7 in my opinion. Purchase price is steep though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |