Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. LeWinn's PF Moisturising Sun Defence Natural Sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I really wanted this SS to be my HG (especially after shelling out nearly $60USD for it!) , unfortunately due to skin-type (oily) and climate it wasn't meant to be. Dang.

Here is the problem, I live in extreme humidity, meaning you shower, get dressed, leave the house and as soon as you step out the front door you are in need of another shower. Want a hairstyle to last? Forget it. Humidity wins every time. You get the picture. So any sort of lotion or sunscreen needs to be pretty darn light and sink in well for it to be not only comfortable, but practical.

I'll get down to it. This stuff is super thick. I had to warm it between my hands before I could even spread it on my face. It left absolutely no white cast and surprisingly did not look greasy, however, I could tell it was on. The scent was minimal and after about 10 mins it sank in...mostly. The moisture was just too much for me right now, and my MMU did not layer very well over it. I did wear it out to the park (sans MU) with my son a few times and wasn't the slightest bit pink at all, so I think as far as protection goes this is a winner. Its 19% zinc with natural ingredients. It also didnt break me out at all.

I think that this would be PERFECT for dry and/or mature skin in need of natural protection, or for someone who lives in a very dry climate. I'm going to give it another shot this when the weather finally gets dry and cold when my skin needs more moisture, right not even in October we are still have 90 degree days. Ugh. If it still doesnt work I'm going to send it to my Mom who lives in Arizona.

All in all I think that this is a good SS, especially for people who are sensitive to chemical formulation as this one does not sting at all. Offers great protection and doesn't stain clothing, plus the tube looks very luxurious on the counter or tossed in a beach bag. Very Happy

Still on the never ending search for my HG SS!

Dr. LeWinn's Private Formula Moisturising Sun Defence Natural Sunscreen

Ingredients--
- Zinc Oxide: Natural Sunscreen
- Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil: Moisturising & Rejuvenating
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Moisturising & Protecting
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf: Soothing & Moisturising
- Hydrolysed Soy Protein: Soothing & Moisturising

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Great review, Vonstella. I have normal skin and I really like this sunscreen. Though I can "feel" that I am wearing it, it sinks in quickly and leaves no white cast at all on my face. I live in a humid climate also, but I have "mature" skin! It is not my HG sunscreen (I have not found one yet!) but it is very good. I bought this for $29 US dollars. (BTW, Vonsella - have you found any good products for keeping a hairstyle in the humid climate? I have given up on doing much of anything because as soon as I walk out the door, my hair goes totally flat!)
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Great review, Vonstella. I have normal skin and I really like this sunscreen. Though I can "feel" that I am wearing it, it sinks in quickly and leaves no white cast at all on my face. I live in a humid climate also, but I have "mature" skin! It is not my HG sunscreen (I have not found one yet!) but it is very good. I bought this for $29 US dollars. (BTW, Vonsella - have you found any good products for keeping a hairstyle in the humid climate? I have given up on doing much of anything because as soon as I walk out the door, my hair goes totally flat!)

Thanks!

I haven't really found any good tips but I also dislike using a lot of styling product in my hair, so I no longer fight my natural texture. I'm about to start Cosmetology school specializing in haircutting and coloring, hopefully I'll pick up some tips along the way. I'll be sure to share them with you!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Vonstella, have you ever tried Epicuren Discovery Zinc Oxide SPF 20? That's been my holy grail sunscreen for a few years. It doesn't break me out, it works well, and I forget I even have it on.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
Vonstella, have you ever tried Epicuren Discovery Zinc Oxide SPF 20? That's been my holy grail sunscreen for a few years. It doesn't break me out, it works well, and I forget I even have it on.

No, I havent, I do wish the SPF was higher than 20 though. I'll look into it though, thanks!

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
[quote="BBD"]Vonstella, have you ever tried Epicuren Discovery Zinc Oxide SPF 20? That's been my holy grail sunscreen for a few years. It doesn't break me out, it works well, and I forget I even have it on.[/quote

Yikes, that stuff is pricey! I wish I could get samples first...

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:

No, I havent, I do wish the SPF was higher than 20 though. I'll look into it though, thanks!

athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Hey V, have you tried PSF SPF50 yet? Although it's a combo chemical/physical, it's been very effective for my oily skin. Current HG facial sunscreen until a completely light, oil free physical block comes along.

BTW, I talked to Amy at greatnewskin.com and she IS planning on coming out with a sunscreen next year. I can't wait to try it! Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Hey V, have you tried PSF SPF50 yet? Although it's a combo chemical/physical, it's been very effective for my oily skin. Current HG facial sunscreen until a completely light, oil free physical block comes along.

BTW, I talked to Amy at greatnewskin.com and she IS planning on coming out with a sunscreen next year. I can't wait to try it! Very Happy

I haven't tried that either, my skin does not like any chemical SS. I burn with them on and I think I might be allergic to them.

I cant wait to try Amy's though!

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Hey, I meant to ask, where did you buy this for $29?

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Right from the Dr. Lewinn website. I clicked "united states" and they have it for $29. They shipped within 2 days and I had it by day 4, which I thought was great!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hey vonstella, another one you might want to try is Devita's Solar Protection Cream 30. It's another zinc oxide white-cast-free formula, but it's very light and doesn't have that heavy slick feel associated with most physical SS formulations. If you're unable to track down samples, etc. just PM me and I can decant you a bit. This is my HG!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Right from the Dr. Lewinn website. I clicked "united states" and they have it for $29. They shipped within 2 days and I had it by day 4, which I thought was great!

Im cursing myself right now! Can you post the link for me? I looked on that site but was unable to find where to purchase. Embarassed

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Hey vonstella, another one you might want to try is Devita's Solar Protection Cream 30. It's another zinc oxide white-cast-free formula, but it's very light and doesn't have that heavy slick feel associated with most physical SS formulations. If you're unable to track down samples, etc. just PM me and I can decant you a bit. This is my HG!

Is this it? I would love a decant if you dont mind. PMing you!

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Here you go, vonstella. http://www.drlewinn.com/

Just go to: Shop Online at the top right!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Here you go, vonstella. http://www.drlewinn.com/

Just go to: Shop Online at the top right!

Thanks for the link, I have no idea how I missed that, grrrr, I could kick myself!

cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review vonstella Very Happy, going to avoid this one, sounds too thick for the Australian summer and this by an Australian firm. Rolling Eyes

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |