Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
~RAVE~ PSF Microfiber Cleansing Cloth!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I've never jumped on the microfiber cloth bandwagon simply because I couldn't bring myself to spend over $20 or even $12 USD for a glorified washcloth. Laughing When EDS introduced these cleansing cloths from PSF at such a reasonable price, however, I added 2 packets of 2 with my last order.

I'm not a big proponent of cleansing with water only and may not use these the way many do. I get a lot of benefits from my cleanser, so I use this cloth as a second step in cleansing...

In the am, I lather one pump of PSF enyzyme cleanser on my face, let it sit for 30 seconds, then massage with PSF Microfiber cleansing cloth and rinse off.

I really notice the difference in my pm routine when I have makekup to remove. After applying generous amount of jojoba oil to remove makeup, follow up with the cleansing cloth. It truly is gentle enough to wipe off eyemakup and mascara and thoroughly removes all traces of jojoba oil. Before I started using the cloths, I would follow up with a cleanser to remove all oil but now it's no longer necessary. This will save me $$! Cool

Another great product from a fantastic company, thank you PSF!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi athena

As much as I want to try out a microfibre cloth, I cant see how it can really help Embarassed . Isnt it the same as a normal cloth??? I have used microfibre clothes but they seem to be the same, but maybe a bit softer. My normal facial cloth can remove all my makeup anyways!

Has it REALLY helped with acne?

Im trying to limit myself from buying so many skincare stuff---I dont have my student loan to lean on anymore Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a 2 pack of these. I like them, but they are very small and also seem "softer" than the NCN microfiber cloth. When I need more, I will repurchase the NCN, just because I prefer the "rougher" texture and it feels like it exfoliates a bit more than the PSF one.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl, how small are the microfiber cloths? I purchased mine from NCN and I love using it but after reading Kara's very informative post on microfiber I think I'll try a less costly cloth the next time.
Kimberly
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Kimberly. They are 6 inch x 6 inch. HTH! (I will have to check out the post you mentioned, have not seen that!)
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
They're out of stock right now on EDS, so I'll wait till they're back in stock to make my next EDS order. They sound terrific, especially for traveling.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart, thank you so much for mentioning Kara's posts, which I'd missed.

Here they are for any one else:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=322245&highlight=microfiber#322245

I do like Nanci's, but will also be trying to put Kara's info to use in the future.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try too, have to wait for the stock back Sad
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Haven't tried the PSF cloths but I want to say the NCN cloth works works works! I use it after cleansing with my usual MD Forte lotion and I can't believe the junk that still comes off. Even after oil cleansing, this baby takes more off. So gentle I can even use it after a peel with just water and less pressure and it doesn't irritate. Great for travel when you don't want to bring a ton of "prawducks".
It's a whopping 12'x12' and thick, but if you wanted to economize I spose you could cut it in 4's. The trick is getting the pressure right so you don't tear your skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
BluesHeart, thank you so much for mentioning Kara's posts, which I'd missed.

Here they are for any one else:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=322245&highlight=microfiber#322245

I do like Nanci's, but will also be trying to put Kara's info to use in the future.

You're welcome Melanie. I thought it was worth mentioning those posts. I've suspected that the dermal grade issue was a marketing ploy. I love what NCN's cloth has done for my skin but I'd like more and don't want to spend 12 dollars plus shipping. I feel better about trying them. I found Kara's assertion interesting that the waffle weaves, like NCN's. are not as effective at exfoliation as the other. I will probably stick with the waffle for my face and try the others on my body first. Let me know if you try something else.
Kimberly
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Hi athena

As much as I want to try out a microfibre cloth, I cant see how it can really help Embarassed . Isnt it the same as a normal cloth??? I have used microfibre clothes but they seem to be the same, but maybe a bit softer. My normal facial cloth can remove all my makeup anyways!

Has it REALLY helped with acne?

Im trying to limit myself from buying so many skincare stuff---I dont have my student loan to lean on anymore Embarassed

yeahyeah, I don't know if it helps with acne, since I rarely break out any longer. I do know that it removes all of the jojoba oil I use to remove sunscreen and makeup without irritation; it's very very soft and it certainly fits my budget! Sigh, I know what budgets are all about....

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
melanie and bluesheart, thanks for posting the link and the mention to Kara's most informative post - I retract my statement about microfiber being just a glorified washcloth. Something else to learn more about, I'm astounded by the technology behind it! Smile

FYI - the fabric in PSF microcloth is 20% polyamide, 80% polyester. Apparantly each thread is split into 16 sections with a central core in a cross section. How on earth do they do that, are they using nano technology?

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Just an FYI - I bought a GOW microfiber cloth for $2.25, and the size is only 4" x 4". So the PSF one is bigger (6" x 6"). While my face is not the hugest on the planet, I think the 4x4 size is a bit too tiny.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to try it with my next order but it's still out of stock Sad
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
While the PSF cloths are smaller than a regular facecloth, I find they are just the right size for what I need to do. I use it after cleansing, and it is great! I'm thinking of buying some to put in Christmas stockings for the women in my family!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think they are great quality and nice colour too..but soooo teeny. I won't repurchase unless they get bigger. I'd rather pay double for double the size.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I love mine!
It really removes all traces of cleanser and I always use creamy or oily cleanser so this is great for me!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
I think they are great quality and nice colour too..but soooo teeny. I won't repurchase unless they get bigger. I'd rather pay double for double the size.

How is this cloth compared to Eve Lom muslin cloth in terms of texture, roughness, and cleansing ability? Thanks. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
THE PRICE IS GREAT
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
daisylondon wrote:

How is this cloth compared to Eve Lom muslin cloth in terms of texture, roughness, and cleansing ability? Thanks. Smile

its super soft and micro fibre which means its so densely woven with well micro fibres that sweep the debri off the skin where the muslin is 'normal' fibres and just a natural cloth ...ooh have a I done the WORST job of explaining?
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
daisylondon wrote:

You can't really compare them as microfibre is so different from muslin.
What I did, just for you is I washed one side of my face with an Eve Lom muslin cloth and the other side with a PSF cloth. I did this with relatively clean face (i.e. no make up) and plain water.
Clearly, the Eve Lom felt rougher than the PSF one. In terms of results, the Eve Lom side looked more exfoliated but a bit pink. I think they both cleaned as well.
The thing about the microfibre cloth is you're supposed to use it to cleanse on its own, no cleanser. I don't really feel comfortable with that, particularly if I'm wearing make up. So also due to the size issue, I am mainly using my Eve Lom cloths. But on those nights when I've er..had a glass or two of wine and can't be bothered to cleanse properly with balm and a cloth I trust the PSF cloth with water..because it's better than not cleansing at all Laughing
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
i have been using NCN micro cloth and love it, i have tried quite a few and hers really worked the best, my skin feels so soft and clean after using it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone should order from Nanci at least once for the experience! She is so great and caring, and believes in top service.
autumnApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Both NCN and PSF micro cloth sounds great! I should give them a try sometimes. For traveling, maybe I will choose PSF just for the size of it I suppose.
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
Everyone should order from Nanci at least once for the experience! She is so great and caring, and believes in top service.

i totally agree, she is wonderful, i just started using her copper peptides and some of her other products that goes with copper peptides and i am really lovin it, and wonder why i didnt start copper peptides sooner Embarassed

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |