Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need help re: Decleor and moisturizers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello, all! I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive, ageing skin (sounds wonderful, ehh?). I have been using the following routine and plan to get some different cleansers (Decleor) once what I have been using is gone. My skin feels soft, but looks slightly dehydrated. Where would I add a moisturizer here?

a.m.
gentle, non-foaming cleanser (currently Mary Kay gentle cleansing cream)
Dermadoctor Picture Porefect (AHA, azelic (sp) acid, retinol)
Makeup

p.m.
gentle, foaming cleanser (currently Sage Facial Shampoo, regular)
Decleor Ylang Ylang Arom.
Decleor Ylang Ylang night balm

Once a week: Decleor phyto-peel
Once a week: Homemade honey, jojoba meal, essential lavender oil scrub

Can I apply a moisturizer over the night balm or should I get a different night balm to alternate with the Ylang Ylang (Essential, maybe?). I love the sample of Harmonie Essentielle Ultra Soothing Cream that I tried and will probably buy this. Could it serve as a moisturizer? Any assistance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tina
bellaluca

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I have the same skin type as yours.

I was told to use the Ylang Ylang night balm at night and the oil in the morning underneath Decleor Hydra-Matte Regulating Fluid. I haven't used the oil, so I can't comment on it. The night balm balances my oily skin and the moisturizer leaves my skin matte and hydrated. I don't use the moisturizer any more because it's summer and its fragrance bothers me for some reason. If you are not very sensitive to fragrance, your skin might like it.

If I were you, I would use the aromessence oil after cleansing in the morning and the night balm at night before purchasing the moisturizer. The oil should give your oily skin enough hydration. Hope this helps.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you; I will try using the oil in the a.m. instead of the p.m. It makes sense because I am feeling dry only during the day. I think that I have a couple of samples of the Hydra-matte fluid that I can play with, too. Thanks for the tip!

Tina
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |