Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your favourite peeling product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I have tried,

Perfect Complexion 's A Peel Correct, A Peel light, A Peel Daily and TCA Complex;

PSF , NCN - Pumpkin Peel

Philosophy Micro Delivery Peeling,

but want to know more about what you have used or are using at the moment and conisdered your favourite.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
i would say obagi.. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Origins Friction is for sensitive skin and its very seldom mentioned but I have used it for years and with sensitive cheeks its great. Some of the products are too rough on older skin
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
My fav's are: Aloette's Enzyme Peel - daily. For weekly use - NCN's Pumpkin Peel. For less frequent use - 12.5% TCA Peel from Makeup Artist's Choice.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I love alpha hydrox AHA souffle 12%.
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Philosophy micro-delivery peel. It smells fantastic and your skin is left feeling SO SMOOTH!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
NCN's pumpkin peel.
I have a TCA 12.5% peel, but just haven't gotten around to using it yet.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
My fav's are: Aloette's Enzyme Peel - daily. For weekly use - NCN's Pumpkin Peel. For less frequent use - 12.5% TCA Peel from Makeup Artist's Choice.

Hi, stovetop, do you use the Aloette's Enzyme Peel everyday? I like to do some form of peeling daily but have read somewhere that too much abravation may not be good to the skin as it would "thin" out the surface .

By the way, where do you get Aloette's? What are the ingredients? Thanks
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
There are two kinds of "peels":

--ones that exfoliate dead skin cells
--ones that actually "peel" layers of the skin or that force the skin to generate a peel of the stratum corneum.

Belonging to the first group are Juice Beauty's green apple peel, NCN and PFS's pumpkin peel, and all those that are cosmetic grade AHA or acid peels. I think NCN's peel is the best out of all of these--it seems to reveal new skin and moisturize it at the same time. I rally like the others though, too.

Belonging to the second are the A-peels, TCA peels, etc.

I LOVE the A-peel daily: it creates a full peel (i.e. you will have peely, flakey skin for many days!) and afterwards your skin has never been smoother, brighter, and more clear.
I do this kind of peel 3-4 x yearly, to generate more skin cell turnover/renewal. And I try to take very good care of my 'new' skin, wearing the best, most effective sunscreen EVERY DAY rain or shine.

hth!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
NCN's pumpkin peel / Alpha Hhydrox AHA12%
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love Perfect Complexion apeel series! They are retinol peels and work by speeding up the metabolism of the skin.

I am just peeling now from her Apeel Daily and actually had to ask for a day off since I look like swamp thing.

I have tried apeel light also, and it is also a wonderful product. I have TCA latte, and i am not loving that one as much.

Avalange did a good job categorizing the peels, and i have to say i think the second group of peels are my absolute favorite since i am not a fan of manual exfoliaton even though Juice Beauty and NCN's sound really good.

Kris

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well done avalange in putting it in a clearer term of peel products.

Perfect complexion's A peel products are great. But I would like to know more from all of you as to your recommendation of other brands which work the same way and/or differently as Perfect Complexion's or even NCN's.

More input please.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I also love Nanci's (NCN) Pumpkin Peel. I am very interested in trying Perfect Complexion. I have also used Makeup Artist's choice 12.5% TCA peel and am working onward toward the 15% TCA peel.

These give you red, peeling skin for about a week but a nice look after.

Oh, I've also use a 55% (?) lactic acid peel from MUA's. And this works great - use monthly.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I also love Nanci's (NCN) Pumpkin Peel. I am very interested in trying Perfect Complexion. I have also used Makeup Artist's choice 12.5% TCA peel and am working onward toward the 15% TCA peel.

These give you red, peeling skin for about a week but a nice look after.

Oh, I've also use a 55% (?) lactic acid peel from MUA's. And this works great - use monthly.

Hi, sister sweet, how does the 55% lactic acid peel work? What is the highest % one can go?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
My favourite is Osmosis Polish. Just love it and it is very kind to my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:51 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:

Bushy, how does it work? Where to get it?
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
50% glycolic peel from makeupartistchoice.com.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
skinmelon wrote:
bushy wrote:

Bushy, how does it work? Where to get it?

It is applied after cleansing, left on between 5 and 15 minutes, then rinsed off. I get it from KarenHerzog-JMilan.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
What is/are the best enzyme peel ? any suggestion?
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I love alpha hydrox 14% aha peel sheet mask. It's easy to use, effective, and very cheap.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
nickieygirl wrote:
I love alpha hydrox 14% aha peel sheet mask. It's easy to use, effective, and very cheap.

Hi, nickiey, where to buy alpha hydrox online?
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:22 am      Reply with quote
skinmelon - I am using Obagi NuDerm and am on week 13 so I really do need to use Aloette's Enzyme Peel everyday so that there are no visible flakies. I purchase it through the Shopping Channel - 2 containers for $39.99 usually. It is an all natural product. Once I am finished Obagi - once a week should be sufficient.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty's GAP. Love it! It's gentle enough that I can even use it every day if I had the time. I never worry about overdoing it.
saj4071
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me where to get the NCN pumpkin peel? Is there any down time, if so approx. how long?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
do any of these help with getting rid of flakes from Retin-A? especially when I need to be at work in a half hour? Bad Grin

Thanks, BF
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |