Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How to lighten skin color and make it more glowing too?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skundu

Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
How to lighten skin color and make it more glowing too?
Hi Smile ,
I am very new in this forum. I have brown skin. I want to have a more lighten and glowing skin. My facial skin is very dull and how can I make my face glowing?
Please help me with your suggestions..It will be great help for me!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello skundu,

Welcome to the forum. I have brown skin too but am not too sure about lightening. I use sunscreen daily. For glowing skin, I'd recommend a peel or a mask. Aspirin mask is cheap and effective. You can find detailed recipes in the DIY section. It's basically crushed aspirin with something to make a paste (water, yogurt, honey etc).

Good luck,

Cat
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I do not know why you want to whiten your skin when we with pale skin wear fake tan and make up but there are lots of whitening products available but as regards glowing I would recommend Prevage by Elizabeth Arden its not cheap but it does give you glowing skin and even skin tone
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a sample size of GOW mandelic acid and GOW Lite N Brite serum (also sample) to try to get rid of the brown spots on my cheeks. Anyway, I just started using them 2 days ago, so I can't at all comment on results. I will keep you guys posted if they help me at all. I bought them at the recommendation of someone on GOW's site.
DevineMissEm
5% products discount

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen something online a couple of weeks ago a before and after pic of an asian dark skin lady who had lightened her skin, i will see if i can find it again and send you the link, if the pictures tell the truth it will work, just have to remember where it is... Question

5% products discount

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
you know if you just google 'skin lighning products'. might be your best choice, there are tons to choose from

emma

Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for replying me back. Though I am not upset with my skin color but during last summer my skin get more tanned. My husband has actually started complaining now a days!! Crying or Very sad
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skundu,

You'll lose the tan if you keep away from the sun. Use sunscreen in the future if that's an issue. Skin lightening can be pretty harsh.

Cat
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I just bought a sample size of GOW mandelic acid and GOW Lite N Brite serum (also sample) to try to get rid of the brown spots on my cheeks. Anyway, I just started using them 2 days ago, so I can't at all comment on results. I will keep you guys posted if they help me at all. I bought them at the recommendation of someone on GOW's site.

bk girl,
Please be careful with the GOW products- I orderd them as well earlier in the year and the mandelic acid made a mess of my skin- severly over drying and made me break out like I have never before. It took months for my skin to get back to normal. I'm not saying that it is a bad product- but i think you have to be extremely careful using it.

As for a more glowing complexion- I have brown skin as well and have used MAC Strobe cream over my moisturizer and it works great. Also the New neutrogena moisturizer illuminating whip moisturizer is good too, I would reccomend either- they really brighten up the complexion.
As well i use NARS highlighting powder in Albatross as a sheer highlighter over my blush and temples- it gives a nice glow.
HTH
CG
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
A good Vit C serum can achieve both the skin lightening and glow, and provides other benefits for your skin as well. It's safer than some of the other lightening agents and proven to work. It's definitely worth looking into.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
i have fair skin and glycolic peels made my skin look more even toned and clearer and made me think my skin looks lighter, but i think they might not work if you have pretty dark skin to begin with.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

bk girl,
Please be careful with the GOW products- I orderd them as well earlier in the year and the mandelic acid made a mess of my skin- severly over drying and made me break out like I have never before. It took months for my skin to get back to normal. I'm not saying that it is a bad product- but i think you have to be extremely careful using it.

As for a more glowing complexion- I have brown skin as well and have used MAC Strobe cream over my moisturizer and it works great. Also the New neutrogena moisturizer illuminating whip moisturizer is good too, I would reccomend either- they really brighten up the complexion.
As well i use NARS highlighting powder in Albatross as a sheer highlighter over my blush and temples- it gives a nice glow.
HTH
CG

CG,
Could you tell me how you used the mandelic acid? Did you use it twice a day? Right after cleansing? Was there a wait time involved before you used the Lite-N-Brite serum? I definitely don't want to have any problem with my skin and would really appreciate any tip on what I should avoid doing. Thank you so much!
Hugs,
BK
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Products that have lightened/brightened my skin:

Baby Quasar
Vitamin C Serum (Vivier)
Copper Peptides (Skin Biology)

I believe the three above products help keep my skin bright without any hyper-pigmentation. I have been using a C Serum for over 20 years. If you are not using C I highly recommend adding it to your routine. Currently I am using Vivier 20%C. After reading about Vivier on EDS for several years I finally ordered it after running out of my loved JB C&C. Vivier is potent but smoothing. It gives me a rosy glow. Many C serums have been used over the years. Janson Beckett C&C and Vivier to date are my favorites. Smile

I used my Copper Peptide Serum faithfully every night. My Q (Quasar) is used twice a week.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BK Girl-

There wasn't any instructions on how to use the products when I purchased them and I didn't get a response from anyone at GOW when I asked how they should be used. I did research on EDS- there are numerous postings about the mandelic acid on here- there may be people who are more familiar with the product that can help.
This is the link to the topic of what happened to me with the mandelic acid-
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23651&highlight=mandelic+acid

I didn't even bother using the lite brite serum-I was too scared to use them!

HTH
CG
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I agree on the use of the sunscreen!

I would also suggest 2 Ice Elements products for you. The first is the Blueberry Fusion mask that is loaded with anti-oxidants, has a light lightening ability and should give you a glowing look.

The 2nd is the 2 minute miracle exfoliation gel. This will help to get rid of the dead layer of surface skin, which will quicken you getting to your untanned fresh new skin below the tanned surface. This product is a gentle exfoliation and can be used alongside a peal.

If you want to turn your skin cells over more quickly you could also use the skin souffle, which has lactic and salycic acids. Turning your skin cells over more quickly will hasten the fresh cells to the surface... While this does not lighten because you are trying to get back to your natural coloring this will help to speed up the process, gently. This is not a harsh product like a Retinol or green cream, which would do the same thing, but more quickly.

If you do decide to go with a Retinol or green cream DO be sure to use at least an SPF 30 at all times!

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, CG. I read your thread. Ouchie! You know it's funny I ordered the 10% one, but the one I got has a label of 15%. I didn't think much of it. I thought maybe it was just mislabeled. I tried it a couple of times now and didn't have any problem. But after reading your story, I got a bit paranoid, so I emailed Markey about it. Hopefully this will get straightened out.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Really diligent and dedicated use of sunscreen has made my skin tone nice and glowy.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
major oops!
skundu

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
A good Vit C serum can achieve both the skin lightening and glow, and provides other benefits for your skin as well. It's safer than some of the other lightening agents and proven to work. It's definitely worth looking into.

From where can I get a good Vitamin C serum?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
skundu wrote:
iaimei wrote:

From where can I get a good Vitamin C serum?

EDS carries quite a few brands that has a C serum with 10% or higher L-ascorbic acid:

PSF
Cellex-C
Cellular Skin Rx
Vivier
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I would say exfoliant!!! maybe u can try some products which have AHA or BHA in there, that would help!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I don't believe you can lighten your NATURAL skin colour. But you can fight sun damage (I am talking about long-term UVA damage, the damage done even without your awareness) and discolorations. That's the purpose of whitening/lightening products.

I would suggest a sunscreen with good UVA protection. If you don't use sunscreen, current pigmentations won't fade as new melanin will form. Vitamin C is good for brightening, as well as chemical exfoliators such as AHA and retinoids, as they help skin renewal. But the latter should be used at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
maybe Vit c serum can help brighten your skin. Wink
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
cristaline wrote:
Really diligent and dedicated use of sunscreen has made my skin tone nice and glowy.

Meaning every single day? I forget sometimes. Which brand do you use? How long did it take before you noticed a difference?

T
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use sunscreen every day, and I feel it helps a lot
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |